Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Achane

8,704 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LatinAggie1997
The Marksman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Achane has set the NFL record for highest yards per carry in a season since the NFL/AFL merger with 7.8 YPC. Absolutely insane the season he had, so unbelievable. Gig 'em Achane!
Philip J Fry
AG
Perfect example of why Jimbo needed to go
Onionman
Just makes me more upset that Jimbo only gave him 12 carries against Ole Miss in 2021. It was obvious he was the hot hand that game. Still think we win that game if Achane was more involved.

2021 vs Ole Miss
Achane 12 carries 110 yards 2 TDs
Spiller 15 carries 41 yards
Gyles Marrett
Onionman said:

Just makes me more upset that Jimbo only gave him 12 carries against Ole Miss in 2021. It was obvious he was the hot hand that game. Still think we win that game if Achane was more involved.

2021 vs Ole Miss
Worst part was Achane did not touch the ball in the 4th quarter even once when he single handedly brought us back in the game in the 3rd quarter. Out of all the frustrating moments in Fisher's tenure. That made me more angry than ever.
Onionman
Gyles Marrett said:

Onionman said:

2021 vs Ole Miss
Worst part was Achane did not touch the ball in the 4th quarter even once when he single handedly brought us back in the game in the 3rd quarter. Out of all the frustrating moments in Fisher's tenure. That made me more angry than ever.
Agreed. I remember getting so upset about that.
annie88
AG
The Marksman said:

Achane has set the NFL record for highest yards per carry in a season since the NFL/AFL merger with 7.8 YPC. Absolutely insane the season he had, so unbelievable. Gig 'em Achane!
Wish the Texans had taken him.
StinkyPinky
AG
Gyles Marrett said:

Onionman said:

2021 vs Ole Miss

Don't normally dwell on the past and decisions, but have to agree on this one. Total misuse of talent that done differently could have had a significant measurable impact. Sucks and is sad.
Barnacle
AG
"A-Chan" is good.
Onionman
Gyles Marrett
Barnacle said:

"A-Chan" is good.
So question on that...

Did Aggies across the board pronounce it wrong for 3 years and he just never corrected anyone?

or did he decide recently that it's pronounced A-Chan? I've never come across a kid that wouldn't immediately correct you if you say their name wrong.
Logos Stick
Onionman said:

2021 vs Ole Miss

Jimbo was a damn idiot.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Great TD last night
NoahAg
annie88 said:

The Marksman said:

Why wish that evil on him?
dustytool
He runs hard and fast through many holes
BQAG02
AG
Did he literally run through #81 who was blocking for him? Imagine being so fast the laws of physics don't apply to you.
annie88
AG
NoahAg said:

annie88 said:

The Marksman said:

Why wish that evil on him?
I'm not, the Texans are fun this year. Love our new coach.

You must be a Cowboys fan.
Krombopulos Michael

**** you Jimbo.......
Onionman
Hard to believe we had this guy and still lost to App State.

So glad we are moving on from Jimbo.
carl spacklers hat
P.H. Dexippus said:

Great TD last night

What stuck out most about that run was the way he occupied the same space as 81 for a split second. How is that possible? It looks like he morphs through 81 before the ankle-breaking cut against the corner.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
wangus12
AG
BQAG02 said:

Did he literally run through #81 who was blocking for him? Imagine being so fast the laws of physics don't apply to you.
You can see the sound wave push 81 out of the way
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Zergling Rush said:

**** you Jimbo.......

Almost. Don't forget William Beattie "Big Chief" Feathers.

Quote:

How long has it been since a running back averaged more yards per carry while running the ball 100 times? The last time it happened was in 1934, when Bears rookie Beattie Feathers averaged 8.4 yards per carry, running 119 times for 1,004 yards.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/devon-achane-finishes-with-a-historic-7-8-yards-per-carry-on-103-carries
Ag in ATL
AG
800 rushing yards as a rookie. Not too shabby!
Jack Friday
How many jet-sweeps or smoke screens did Jimbo run for Achane? He ran him in between the tackles most of the time like he was Jorvorskie Lane. Dumb
LB12Diamond
AG
It's funny all of you giving Jumbo grief. But at least he recruited him.

He was drafted in the 3rd rounds so several NFL coaches and GMs passed on him.
EliteZags
AG
finishes as fantasy RB21 playing essentially half the season
evan_aggie
AG
Gyles Marrett said:

Onionman said:

2021 vs Ole Miss

"I don't manage the player rotation. I let my position coaches do that".
Onionman
LB12Diamond said:

It's funny all of you giving Jumbo grief. But at least he recruited him.

He was drafted in the 3rd rounds so several NFL coaches and GMs passed on him.
Yep but we know recruiting didn't seem to be Jimbo's problem. He got talent to come to A&M. He just didn't know how to optimize it.
William K. Klingaman
Philip J Fry said:

Perfect example of why Jimbo needed to go

Yep. Even when Achane was carving up opponents Jimbo would swap in Spiller in critical moments. It was unreal to witness.
agracer
AG
wangus12 said:

BQAG02 said:

You can see the sound wave push 81 out of the way
Shock wave….
maroonthrunthru
A lot of coaches in CFB want their "system" to win the game, when in actuality, the players win games…

I could see early on Achane (off the chain) was a bigger threat than Spiller… Jimbo just couldn't let him upstage his offense scheme…
czar_iv
AG
Achane was breaking ankles like that in his HS highlights ... crazy he is doing the same in the NFL
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
He is Ass My Dude
maroonthrunthru said:

A lot of coaches in CFB want their "system" to win the game, when in actuality, the players win games…

I could see early on Achane (off the chain) was a bigger threat than Spiller… Jimbo just couldn't let him upstage his offense scheme…

I don't know about the upstage part, but Fisher 100% thought the game was about him.

Proof:
-Not caring about which players were in the game.
- Micro managing QBs and demolishing their confidence
usmcbrooks
Gyles Marrett said:

Onionman said:

2021 vs Ole Miss
Said it before and I'll say it again. It's as if Jimbo wanted to lose and run the program into the ground.
Aggie Apotheosis
Jack Friday said:

How many jet-sweeps or smoke screens did Jimbo run for Achane? He ran him in between the tackles most of the time like he was Jorvorskie Lane. Dumb

I was just getting over it and you had to go and remind me!
NyAggie
AG
Onionman said:

Gyles Marrett said:

Onionman said:

2021 vs Ole Miss
Agreed. I remember getting so upset about that.
yep. was screaming at the tv the entire 4th quarter about where the hell was achane.

prime example of jimbo's personnel mismanagement.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.