Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

**** Official Texas Bowl Thread - Aggies vs Cowboys *****

189,285 Views | 2217 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by JABQ04
pinche gringo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggies2009 said:

pinche gringo said:

W said:

if Walker had gotten out of bounds on the play before

Did the rules change? It seems they haven't stopped the clock on oob plays all game.
Yes, they changed

Thanks.
oneeyedag
HJack20 said:

That was a Jimbo loss. Came out flat, game was in reach but just couldn't finish.

Robinson who deserved to be fired
MarylandAG
Kids played their guts out, enjoyed the heck out watching the team we fielded...also Ollie Gordon acted like a punk a-- beyootch, attention ho all game long.
GarryowenAg
AG
Sam Matthews was phenomenal tonight. Best player on the team tonight besides Jadhea Walker.
GJS123
Sparkie said:

how embarrassing for osu. b12 is total trash.
They won. Don't think they will feel embarrassed.
keithfreitag
Aggies2009 said:

pinche gringo said:

W said:

Did the rules change? It seems they haven't stopped the clock on oob plays all game.
Yes, they changed

That's what I want to know as well.
FalloutAg
AG
Okie lite was just in the big 12 championship game and they couldn't really put us away playing with an interim HC and OC, 4th string QB, and 3rd stringers and walk ons with zero depth. That game was more embarrassing for osu and the big 12 than us
Jawbreaker
Not mad at this one.
Not at all.
Tons of girt was shown.
Sam (12) needs to go to pro day.
Mike still high.
Reed is a beast.

Good show today Ag's

I'll be watching more but switching over to off season.

Thank you for a good season. God bless you all.
Here the last rally of the day.

Gig'em
bigblock
Typical
BBRex
AG
I'm disappointed in the score, but I'm not unhappy with that. The team that showed up at the stadium showed some real heart and made a game of it.
Onionman
GJS123 said:

Sparkie said:

The parents of Ollie should feel embarrassed.
94chem
Spirited effort tonight. Don't know why anyone should be upset.

You can see how an above average QB like Jalen Hurts or Kyler Murray or Baker Mayfield can put up huge numbers in that touch football league when our 4th stringer true fish goes for almost 400 with only 3 receivers available.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
pinche gringo
AG
keithfreitag said:

Aggies2009 said:

pinche gringo said:

W said:

Yes, they changed

That's what I want to know as well.

They just find ways to F up college football more and more every year.
one safe place
Sparkie said:

lol. If you win, you are not embarrassed. Those who lose might claim you are embarrassed with a win, to make themselves feel better I guess.
agracer
AG
Sterling82 said:

annie88 said:

fla_agfan said:

I dont think a win is happening tonight... but I gotta say... the guys played their asses off.

Super proud and thankful for the players that stuck around.

This.

Agree. I think we could have won the game if we hadn't screwed up decent drives by going deep…that 3rd and 5 on deep pass from around the 50 was ridiculous. That plus CBs who didn't have a chance, put us too far down to fully recover.

At least there were halftime adjustments and they stopped doing that.
Tergdor
AG
GJS123 said:

Sparkie said:

When Gundy is saying on live TV that they "challenged the quarterback" and that 4th string QB with almost no playing time threw for 361 on them, yeah, they should be embarrassed.
oneeyedag
If that's the legitimate #2 team in the big 12 I'm embarrassed for them..
scotty918
Great effort and a very fun game to watch. A couple of things to remember…

1. Most of A&M's players on the field tonight would start for Oklahoma State.
2. Be careful getting too comfortable with moral victories.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Tergdor said:

GJS123 said:

Sparkie said:

When Gundy is saying on live TV that they "challenged the quarterback" and that 4th string QB with almost no playing time threw for 361 on them, yeah, they should be embarrassed.
I don't think Oklahoma St has anything to feel embarrassed about when they won the bowl game, covered the spread, and our Hail Mary made it from the 43 yard line to the 5 to end the game.
IslanderAg04
pinche gringo said:

Aggies2009 said:

pinche gringo said:

W said:

Yes, they changed

Thanks.

Depends on clock time. Over 2 minutes, clock stops until ball is placed and the official signals to start the clock. Under 2 minutes the clock stops until the ball is snapped.

New rule this year.
Aggie1188
Should've thrown to the sideline with 5 seconds left to get a better shot for a Hail Mary TD.
TAMUallen
AG
Considering that we were missing all but 2 on defense, the 12th man started and qb3 was injured less than 10 seconds into the game, this was an impressive fight!
agz win
AG
Never pleased being outscored but so glad I stayed up and witnessed the effort from this team. Very proud of them.
pinche gringo
AG
Proud of our boys tonight. Hated to lose, but glad to see them fight the way they did under the circumstances.
TexAggie1999
Sparkie said:

Ridiculous trash talking the Big 12 right after we lost to them and they went 3-1 this year against the SEC.

Rather than trash another conference, why not just take some positive out of having a good 2nd half despite a depleted team.

Hopefully next year will be better for the ags.
Onionman
johnnyblaze36 said:

Tergdor said:

GJS123 said:

Sparkie said:

I don't think Oklahoma St has anything to feel embarrassed about when they won the bowl game, covered the spread, and our Hail Mary made it from the 43 yard line to the 5 to end the game.
You lost me talking about the hail mary. But anyway....

A&M coach was a lame duck. A&M missing a ton of players. A&M 3rd string QB gets injured beginning of the game.

Ok State needed an A&m fumble on the 1 yard line.
dustytool
Jawbreaker said:

Not mad at this one.
Not at all.
Tons of girt was shown.
Sam (12) needs to go to pro day.
Mike still high.
Reed is a beast.

Good show today Ag's

I'll be watching more but switching over to off season.

Thank you for a good season. God bless you all.
Here the last rally of the day.

Gig'em

Agree with everything you said 100%
Thank you for your service tonight.
dixichkn
AG
Y'know what, coming into this I barely gave a sh** enough to even tune in. But as this thing went on I really got to admiring the fight from the bench guys. Totally outmanned but fought their asses off. I hope the divas who quit on this team tonight maybe took a little bit from the guys who actually wanted to play. They have my respect. I assume the rest of y'all's as well.

Now…….just flush this giant turd of a season, remove the garbage attitudes and let Elko do his thing. Ready for August already.
TAMUallen
AG
Who would've honestly thought we'd be closing this game out with a hail mary if you knew that moss would opt out and Henderson would be in the game for less than 10 seconds?!
dixichkn
AG
GarryowenAg said:

Sam Matthews was phenomenal tonight. Best player on the team tonight besides Jadhea Walker.
Marcel would like a word
Dark_Knight
AG
I was right about okie state not being 2nd half strong, they only scored once in the 2nd half.
Because I'm Batman!

Jimma
It was a much better game than it should have been. Aggies should be proud and Cowboys should be embarrassed it wasn't over in the first half. QB 4 appears to be the real deal but just needs more experience. In my opinion I would move him to QB 2 behind CW. Obviously the oline and secondary need a new direction. Hopefully the portal and new incoming freshman will help in finding that direction. I'm looking forward to seeing what a good attacking OC can do with CW and Reed.
TAMUallen
AG
Dark_Knight said:

I was right about okie state not being 2nd half strong, they only scored once in the 2nd half.

I don't know what happened with them but for us, we came out very different. It'll be interesting to hear if Elko was in the lockerroom or what happened. I saw Ainias had stepped up to lead them
Just Saying
fla_agfan said:

I think we win if Henderson doesn't get hurt.
Sure, then TEXAS would have a second football National Championship this century if Colt McCoy doesn't get hurt against Alabama.
Aggie1188
At halftime it wasn't crazy to think this game could be used against us in recruiting, but that is no longer the case. Just looked like elite DBs needed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.