Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

*****Haynes King v. UCF*****

18,835 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by dreyOO
Romello
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Texas is in the playoffs so yeah I'd say they are back. They do what it takes to challenge for and win national championships. A&M has been in position to change its own narrative for the last 11 years and failed miserably. I can't stand Texas being back but they deserve the attention they are getting. And yes they get special attention because they are a media darling but again, we had our chance to pounce and shat the bed.
#1AG777
AG
I completely agree. It makes me sick but this is our reality, and honestly, it may take a very long time for us to recover. 11 years later and we find ourselves in the exact same situation we were trying to get out of! We are the Aggies, the Aggies are we…
The Gainesville Taco Casa
Gunny456 said:

You must be a very young Aggie dad or have not lived in Texas long. The Texas ( As in State of Texas) political machine has driven t.u. football for years. See, that school in Austin is known for decades producing , journalism majors, lawyers, business majors , political science majors that have found the way to the public service arena known as old school, Texas politics.
In comparison but few of those politicians have come from TAMU.
The political machine in Texas has always assured, money, bias, exposure and special treatment for t.u. You don't have to look far to see the influence and corruption.
Anybody that has been born and raised in Texas is well aware of this…. And not just Aggies. Speak to influential lawyers, businessmen, politicians from the other schools in Texas and you will find confirmation of the same.
Also glance at the instances of movies, TV shows, etc that have showcased something t.u. (Like the instances of references to t.u.in the TV series "Friday Night Lights" or the movie that featured Tommy Lee Jones as a Texas Rangers taking care of t.u. Cheerleaders) just to give two examples of the bias due to journalists and liberal art grads of that place in Austin.
The arrogance and entitlement of the grads and fan base does nothing but support the entire fact…, after all they commonly say " but we are Texas".
How do you think they worked their way into the SEC? Why was it done so secretive by the SEC commissioner?
Simple.., the old Texas political t.u. Mafia… it's alive and well….. everybody in the old Southwest Conference knew it (especially poor SMU after the political pressure was put on the Dallas Morning News to "expose" the story by the t.u. Politics machine. Everybody in the Big 12 knew it when the back room deal between t.u. And ESIpN were made on the Longhorn network…and soon everybody in the SEC will get to experience the same.
Tonight's halftime special on t.u. was classic t.u. control propaganda by them and their minions at ESiPN.
No special on Alabama, or Washington being "back" nope….all about the slobbering over t.u. … after all, the announcer himself said they are a "National Icon".
So bless your little heart if you don't really no the truth.

What's sad is you go to bed at night believing this and using it as an excuse.

Texas is in movies and tv shows? WTF? You also see a lot of Ohio State, Cal, Arizona State, Michigan, and Stanford in movies and tv too. Is that political and "corruption?" Hell, even Texas Tech was frequently mentioned on Modern Family. Is that corrupt?

I don't know why they did a special on Texas during halftime. Texas is the 1st timer of the playoff teams and was struggling these last 15 years and finally put it all together, something A&M hasn't done. Does that signal corrupt or just ratings?

Maybe A&M should put more people into the public service, media, and journalism sectors instead of poo-pooing media to get a similar result? It's on A&M to be better at football and win NCs. Not winning NCs in 84 years has nothing to with Texas and a political machine and has everything to do with A&M not doing what needs to be done to win because everything needed to get it done has always been there.

Stop pretending to be the victim.
Gunny456
AG
Yea. Ok. You have apparently not spent much time in the business or political arena in Texas… or maybe your 15-20 years old and just don't know better?
He is Ass My Dude
Gunny456 said:

You must be a very young Aggie dad or have not lived in Texas long. The Texas ( As in State of Texas) political machine has driven t.u. football for years. See, that school in Austin is known for decades producing , journalism majors, lawyers, business majors , political science majors that have found the way to the public service arena known as old school, Texas politics.
In comparison but few of those politicians have come from TAMU.
The political machine in Texas has always assured, money, bias, exposure and special treatment for t.u. You don't have to look far to see the influence and corruption.
Anybody that has been born and raised in Texas is well aware of this…. And not just Aggies. Speak to influential lawyers, businessmen, politicians from the other schools in Texas and you will find confirmation of the same.
Also glance at the instances of movies, TV shows, etc that have showcased something t.u. (Like the instances of references to t.u.in the TV series "Friday Night Lights" or the movie that featured Tommy Lee Jones as a Texas Rangers taking care of t.u. Cheerleaders) just to give two examples of the bias due to journalists and liberal art grads of that place in Austin.
The arrogance and entitlement of the grads and fan base does nothing but support the entire fact…, after all they commonly say " but we are Texas".
How do you think they worked their way into the SEC? Why was it done so secretive by the SEC commissioner?
Simple.., the old Texas political t.u. Mafia… it's alive and well….. everybody in the old Southwest Conference knew it (especially poor SMU after the political pressure was put on the Dallas Morning News to "expose" the story by the t.u. Politics machine. Everybody in the Big 12 knew it when the back room deal between t.u. And ESIpN were made on the Longhorn network…and soon everybody in the SEC will get to experience the same.
Tonight's halftime special on t.u. was classic t.u. control propaganda by them and their minions at ESiPN.
No special on Alabama, or Washington being "back" nope….all about the slobbering over t.u. … after all, the announcer himself said they are a "National Icon".
So bless your little heart if you don't really no the truth.

As far as ESPN goes, it's really more about eyeballs on sets. No team brings more viewership than a sip team that is "back".

The question is, back to what? The 50 years ago 1970s teams? It's certainly not being back to NOT winning Big12 titles. There have been more than several teams win a single NC in a 45 year period. None of them get the "________ is back" because they don't draw the eyeballs.

ESPN jumps at any chance to fire up the machine with the slightest hint, right or not, that sip is back. They did do it Colorado this year, but not because of CU, but Prime.

ESPN generates a **** ton of ad dollars for Disney and they know the teams and sports that will drive that moving forward.
Sparkie
AG
tu averaged 8th place in viewership. For the most watched games of the the year, tu didn't make it into the top ten. tu isn't killin' it with viewers which makes the hype even more ridiculous.

Alabama 7.12M (11 games)
Ohio State 6.05M (11)
Colorado 6M (9)
Georgia 5.9M (11)
Michigan 5.61M (12)
Tennessee 4.57M (7)
Oregon 4.43M (10)
Texas 4.26M (12)
Florida State 4.16M (12)
Notre Dame 4.15M (10)
74AnimalA
AG
And it took years before anyone really wanted to watch the "Cow Network "
agz win
AG
Colorado ranked 3rd with just 9 games televised. Neon Deon brings the hype and the eyeballs for a lot less cost than others.
He is Ass My Dude
Sparkie said:

tu averaged 8th place in viewership. For the most watched games of the the year, tu didn't make it into the top ten. tu isn't killin' it with viewers which makes the hype even more ridiculous.

Alabama 7.12M (11 games)
Ohio State 6.05M (11)
Colorado 6M (9)
Georgia 5.9M (11)
Michigan 5.61M (12)
Tennessee 4.57M (7)
Oregon 4.43M (10)
Texas 4.26M (12)
Florida State 4.16M (12)
Notre Dame 4.15M (10)

They are not "back" as far as I'm concerned. If they are, folks have only started to believe it for the last few games. Although, I'm not sure why. They still lost to OU and only beat the big bad U of H by gift from the corrupt refs. Only beat KSU because of insanely moronic coaching.
Scotty Appleton
What was moronic about the coaching by KState? Their kicker had recently missed a chip shot FG. They were on the road in OT and had 4th and Goal near the goal line. They were playing a more talented team with a much better kicker. He rolled the dice to try and win. I wouldn't call that a moronic decision considering the circumstances.
Aggie_Nuke
AG
Haynes King, the white version of Mond. Hits a pass every now and then, but very mediocre overall..... just like the Aggie Football program for the last 84 years. Unfortunately, based on our HC, OC and DC hires, we're probably in for another 84 years of mediocrity !

The ONLY valid ANNUAL goal for ALL Aggie Sports is a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Gig'em !
FTAC '73
BQCadet
AG
Aggie_Nuke said:

Haynes King, the white version of Mond. Hits a pass every now and then, but very mediocre overall..... just like the Aggie Football program for the last 84 years. Unfortunately, based on our HC, OC and DC hires, we're probably in for another 84 years of mediocrity !

Mond was a good QB. I can't see how that is still up for debate. We almost (should have) made the playoff with him under center.
AG
Scotty Appleton said:

What was moronic about the coaching by KState? Their kicker had recently missed a chip shot FG. They were on the road in OT and had 4th and Goal near the goal line. They were playing a more talented team with a much better kicker. He rolled the dice to try and win. I wouldn't call that a moronic decision considering the circumstances.

They weren't near the goal line, they were on the 4.
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

It's on A&M to be better at football and win NCs.
You know what really helps with that?

Being given the opportunity.

We should have been in the playoff in 2020 and everybody knows it. However, we are not the national media darling so the media narrative for the last month of the regular season became, well A&M "doesn't meet the eye test". Over and over and over, that little ignorant missive was repeated, to the point where a team that had played 5 games was let in over us. Would we have gotten rolled by Bama again? Yeah, probably. Doesn't mean we didn't deserve the opportunity. Just like FSU this year

You can stick your head in the sand all you want and just dismissively tell everyone else "try harder". But to deny there is a notable bias for the so called "blue bloods" out there is just willful ignorance.

"Just win NCs". Pffffffft. You have exactly one more in the last 52 years than we do. Stop acting like you're some kind of royalty. You're equals with Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Auburn and BYU. As well as Colorado/Ga Tech depending on which poll you believe.
Blinnaggie2002
That bs. We have one of the best business schools in the nation. Mays is definitely best in Texas. We have one of the best alumni networks in thr nation and donors who give more than probably any other state school. To say we don't have influence is BS. We've had plenty of politicians in Texas govt/
Aggie_Nuke
AG
BQCadet said:

Aggie_Nuke said:

Mond was a good QB. I can't see how that is still up for debate. We almost (should have) made the playoff with him under center.

No, he was not a "good" QB, he was an average/mediocre QB, nothing more. If you want to give me the SEC stats to prove differently, then go ahead..... I'm listening.....

The ONLY valid ANNUAL goal for ALL Aggie Sports is a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Gig'em !
FTAC '73
Post removed:
by user
dreyOO
I'm a two times Mays grad so I'm not bashing the school. It's great.

But I still agree with his point. It will be decades before we ever have the collective influence that their alums have. That's a fact. It's also why I think Sharp wants to turn us into a paper mill. He wants more numbers and influence long term.

At least that's one of the guesses ive had. Otherwise, I have no idea what motivates that guy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.