Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

About that #1 class

11,351 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Muy
Sterling82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm not sure what all the uproar is about. A few of the current portal entries are tough losses but it's not that bad…yet anyway. I'm not surprised and at the moment more relieved considering the coaching changes.
He is Ass My Dude
Delete thread ban all
W
AG
if Jimbo and his staff were that terrible...

how did they take Sumlin's leftovers are put together a 9-4, 8-5, and 9-1 stretch?

(from 2018 to 2020)
He is Ass My Dude
W said:

how did they take Sumlin's leftovers are put together a 9-4, 8-5, and 9-1 stretch?

(from 2018 to 2020)

Because Sumlin's staff coached them up.
Sparkie
AG
Muy said:

Sharpshooter said:

Don't dump on the players the actions of the coaches.

These guys are paid professionals. Perform or get out, it's how the real world works.
You sure about that? 2021 says hello.

TxAg76
AG
The Marksman said:

Can't believe that some of yall are at the point where you're pretending that the greatest recruiting class ever is no good

If they weren't developed, meaning they're pretty close to the same player they were right out of high school….then they're definitely behind the curve
ABATTBQ11
AG
W said:

(from 2018 to 2020)

9-4 season was pretty good except two WTF losses to Auburn and MSU. I credit sumlin more than jimbo for this season the way I credit Sherman for 2012.

2019 we didn't beat an SEC team with a winning record and had 4 cupcakes

2020 our schedule had the 3 worst teams in the East plus Florida

And once sumlin's leftovers were all gone and the team was completely jimbo's, we got 5-7 and 7-5. I think his early success had more to do with having less influence with sumlin's leftovers because his own guys couldn't do nearly as well.
ABATTBQ11
AG
The Marksman said:

Can't believe that some of yall are at the point where you're pretending that the greatest recruiting class ever is no good

They might have been good players, but how many are panning out and how are we better off as a program because of them?
Sparkie
AG
W said:

(from 2018 to 2020)
Sumlin hovered around 8 wins a season. So, 9-4 isn't that big of deal.

The 9-1 was a fluke of covid. Mond had tons of playing experience. Teams lost most if not all of the preseason practices due to covid. This gave Jimbo a huge advantage having an experienced quarterback.
BadAggie
AG
Lol Jimbo recruiting every 5 star there is and not having the coaches to....coach.

That's where your Aggie Bucks went folks.

Aggie
AG
Muy said:

fav13andac1)c said:

Because of Jimbo. Talent is there.

They don't bear ANY responsibility for their record?

Nope , to most on this board it's ALL the coaches, none on the players… you know the ones who actually play the games.

Wurk
AG
Terrible OP. If you gave Mark Stoops our talent he wins 10+. There's a reason we fired our coach people
Wurk
AG
Muy said:

fav13andac1)c said:

Sour grapes resorting to calling a lot of future NFL talent overrated because they are leaving. Some of you need to touch grass today
90ags
UM in his ear....still time.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
It is tough to lose the guys this year that stuck around for their first two... (while many of the ones listed as "gone" were problematic their fish year - or at least our prior coaching regime had no plan how to handle them).

But, using the "glass is half full" point of view (or - at 8 still here out of 15 - just above half full) - in ANY other recruiting class you would be thrilled to have a top 8 like those listed here that remain!!!
Double Diamond
12/12 ain't great. But good chance things would've been worse if the talent wasn't good.
Divining Rod
somewhere along the line under Fisher we became t.u.
usmcbrooks
HoustonAggie37713 said:

The shocking part is Nolen being in the portal and Stewart not being in. I'd have bet the house on the opposite.
The day ain't over yet.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Well, if their poor performance thus far was due to poor development and coaching by the staff, why are they all leaving after the school makes a change to remedy that issue?
Muy
AG
Wurk said:

Muy said:

fav13andac1)c said:

Sour grapes resorting to calling a lot of future NFL talent overrated because they are leaving. Some of you need to touch grass today

I am. Took the younger Aggie son to the DePaul game last night and playing golf today.

Why do I care is guys averaging 6-6 play in the NFL someday?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.