Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Not a word from Jimbo

13,805 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Shoefly!
mos03c
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tamu05ag said:

He recently went back to Tallahassee to speak at some quarterback club.

He didn't speak. He was at the event because his son received an award.
zephyr88
AG
itsyourboypookie said:

I talk to him. He's enjoying deer season. Doesn't seem mad at all.
He's a shameless thief. Why would he be mad? He's laughing his ass off.
Sharpshooter
AG
Can we leave the man alone? The contract was our fault, not his. He won the lottery.
infinity ag
lancechmp said:

It just seems kinda strange to me that not one word has been heard from Jimbo since the firing. I'm talking about some sort of interview or something like that. If I had that kind of payoff I would gladly never say another word but that doesn't seem to be Jimbo's MO. IMO

Dumb take.
Let him go, let it go. Jimbo is no longer our coach. Stop complaining.
He probably also has some non-disparaging clause to his $$$. It makes good sense for him to shut up.
infinity ag
zephyr88 said:

itsyourboypookie said:

He's a shameless thief. Why would he be mad? He's laughing his ass off.

why is he a thief? The Univ signed the contract.
If they signed a contract for you, you would take it as well. So you are a thief too?
Albatross Necklace
Speaking up isn't worthwhile if it violates your $76M NDA
rootube
AG
Actual Talking Thermos said:

rootube said:

We're you expecting a press conference from his luxury deer blind? Coaches who get fired don't hold press conferences.
I feel like Coach O did at LSU for whatever reason, but generally why would you? As a general rule if someone gets fired and calls a press conference about it, it's to set the stage for a legal/PR/whatever battle against the former employer.

I'm pretty sure coach O got fired and continued to coach the team through the bowl game so he had a reason to have a press conference since he was still the coach.
ATL Aggie
AG
greg.w.h said:

Johnny Boyziel 2 said:

Haven't heard a word from Mike Sherman since he got fired, now that I think about it.
False. He was allowed a press conference by $Bill where he defended his tenure.
Actually, I recall him giving a great press conference. It was almost inspirational where he thanked a lot of people and went on to list a lot of things that he learned as A&M's coach and gave a lot of good advice for the team and program to move forward.

Does anyone else remember it that way?
TJaggie14
AG
I remember the press conference. Looking back it was weird to have a fired coach do a farewell press conference. With that said he was a class act. Shame he couldn't win enough, and that his teams kept blowing leads.

TxAg8908
TJaggie14 said:

I remember the press conference. Looking back it was weird to have a fired coach do a farewell press conference. With that said he was a class act. Shame he couldn't win enough, and that his teams kept blowing leads.

Anyone know where the full conference is?
KyleAsInKyleField
AG
itsyourboypookie said:

Is he keeping the property he had near cstat?
dixichkn
AG
KyleAsInKyleField said:

itsyourboypookie said:

Hope so. Would be nice to at least have some of that $76M pumping up the local economy
monarch
S
He's been seen in metro Houston.
Peace for Ukraine!
infinity ag
KyleAsInKyleField said:

itsyourboypookie said:

I am watching that house and it is not on sale as yet.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
KyleAsInKyleField said:

Hipster, how far is that from College Station?
Gyles Marrett
infinity ag said:

KyleAsInKyleField said:

itsyourboypookie said:

Why sell it? If you don't need the money (which we know he doesn't) real estate like that is only going to go up.
infinity ag
Gyles Marrett said:

infinity ag said:

KyleAsInKyleField said:

itsyourboypookie said:

Why sell it? If you don't need the money (which we know he doesn't) real estate like that is only going to go up.

You make a good point.
However, College Station isn't a place people go to unless it's to do with A&M and I don't think Jimbo will ever set food in Coll Stn ever again so it may be more of a hassle for him to maintain the home. It may be a better idea to sell it and invest the money elsewhere.
infinity ag
Joe Schillaci 48 said:

KyleAsInKyleField said:

Hipster, how far is that from College Station?

About 7 miles away from Kyle.
A fugly house, but expensive one.
one safe place
OrygunAg said:

itsyourboypookie said:

What would he be mad about? Things didn't work out and he got a massive severance.
Yeah, he got the same thing he would have gotten had he stayed. Only now, he doesn't even have to go through the motions of working.
javajaws
AG
infinity ag said:

Gyles Marrett said:

infinity ag said:

KyleAsInKyleField said:

itsyourboypookie said:

You make a good point.
However, College Station isn't a place people go to unless it's to do with A&M and I don't think Jimbo will ever set food in Coll Stn ever again so it may be more of a hassle for him to maintain the home. It may be a better idea to sell it and invest the money elsewhere.
He should donate some of that money for the Kyle Field lazy river.
alexandertheok
He was given 6 years, every resource imaginable, and an early retirement. I doubt he really cares at this point.
TexasAggie81
I don't need to hear that man (fraud) speak for the rest of my days. It may take a long time to mentally remove the words "[w]e just need to executive better" from my head.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
I wouldn't expect to hear from Jimbo.

However, if he had any dignity and self-respect he would approach the AD with a much lower negotiated settlement. I understand the contract is what the contract is but he should feel shame and embarrassment collecting all that $$. Maybe he has and it is not being reported and never will be due to a NDA.

From the A&M side all those responsible for the contract raise and extension (and no, Bjork is not one of them) should be tarred & feathered and publicly ridiculed.
BTHOB-98
I did find this video of him.

Jarrin' Jay
AG
Mike Sherman was and is a great man, a great leader of young men, and yes a great FB coach. He was not a good college FB HC overall as he approached the game from an NFL standpoint, wasn't a tireless recruiter, and he put too much on his QB. 2011 could have easily been a 9+ or 10+ win season with Tannehill throwing less in 2nd half of games, but that is not how you play NFL pro-style football. And it wasn't conditioning or meltdowns, in 2010 we were a strong 2nd half team.

Still, he brought the program back from the depths of the Fran debacle, rebuilt the roster, loaded the starting 22 with elite level talent and future NFL players, he did a great job in talent evaluation, recruiting and development (see Swope, Ryan) though could never quite get enough depth especially on defense.

Debatable if he should have been let go, but what is not debatable is how poorly that was handled and how disrespectful it was to Mike and his family. Absolutely shameful how that happened. Once that decision was made it should have been made clear to the decision makers not one f'ing word to anyone outside that group until the AD had a chance to talk to him. But no, some BMAs had to stroke themselves and their ego and let it slip that we were going to fire Sherman and hire the next guy who was going to win the NC, etc. It was/is a poor reflection on all those involved and made our program look like a JV clown show.

2thFixinAg
if you got paid 77 million to shut up and leave would you do it?

I would.

(just in case anyone is offering. )
Hoss
AG
If my company gave me a $77M severance package I'd ride off into the sunset and enjoy the good life.
Bryanisbest
AG
You guys can't have it both ways. Jimbo was not both a dumb coach and a malicious scam artist. He was a good man that did not get it done as HC.
BadAggie
AG
Wasn't Orgeron quoted about being fired something like 'I get paid $15 million to leave? Which door do you want me to walk out through?'
TexasAggiesWin
S
I'm curious, for the people who want Jimbo to say something..... what would you want Jimbo to talk about?
45-70Ag
AG
What exactly do you want him to say?
Come Out Roll
AG
TxAg8908 said:

Haven't ever heard from Sumlin

Well, to be brutally honest, you only get 1 phone call per day at county……
one safe place
He is counting his money. When he gets up to around 65 million, he gets flustered, loses count, and has to start over. That's a lot of $100 bills.
VatoLocoAggie
AG
I have two questions.

Whatever happened to the Aggie Pimp Stick?
Whatever happened to the undated National Championship Texas A&M plaque?

These would be two great items to auction for fundraising for a worthy cause.
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
Indianrider
AG
Nobody asked squirrel
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.