Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

*** Official Texas A&M Aggies vs. Trash Cats from Louisiana ***

181,419 Views | 2798 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Jawbreaker
Ginormus Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They should be looking for new conferences to align with with the Pac 12 dissolving and the SDF being a **** show. Hopefully they can pull the SEC, but unlikely.
WestGalvestonAggie
StinkyPinky said:

Muy said:

eternaloblivion said:

Y'all think we win this game with Wiggy?

No. We gave up 32 points in the 2h.

2nd half was bad. Not going to do ERob any favors

You don't pay someone 75+ million dollars to go away to hire an ERob anyway. 2nd half did them the favor of not even needing to consider it at all now.
Barnacle
AG
mrfun83 said:

This team is highly recruited at some areas, and woefully deficient in three critical ones.

It's funny that this is the exact way Sumlin recruited. Just different positions of strength. Bad DB recruiting for both however.
whatthehey78
AG
Besides ERob, I'm not sure ANY member of the staff should be retained by the new hire.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
Agit8r
AG
Our secondary=short & slow.
bdp514am
does it really matter who the coach is or who the QB if Zuhn is playing LT?
94chem
41 rushes for 96 yards. RC Slocum's dullest day ever would have done more than that. Kudos for Petrino for putting a good product on the field in spite of that DIII offensive line.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
btglow87
AG
94chem said:

41 rushes for 96 yards. RC Slocum's dullest day ever would have done more than that. Kudos for Petrino for putting a good product on the field in spite of that DIII offensive line.
Yup Bobby did all he could do working around Steve. He did a great job today.
Barnacle
AG
dtk9119 said:

W said:

1994 team just lifted their champagne glasses in a toast

bottoms up

Just goes to show the absolute ineptitude of this program for close to 3 decades now

That was the last really solid team. Of course, RC could never beat teams with equal or greater talent.
oneeyedag
eternaloblivion said:

Noble Men said:

I never want to see Durkin again.
Durkin will not be hired by another program.
One of the stupidest hires this program ever made.
And that is a bold statement.

It is a statement of stubbornness for Jimbo and the fact he kept running 3 man fronts out these last 3 gamea is the absolute definition of incredible stupidity

Thought our defense was one of our bright spots

They were the bright spot. The problem is most people here have such low football IQ to differentiate a good defense from an average to a poor DeRuyter or Snyder defense......[those same low IQers are quickly googling who I'm referring too] cause they just don't know how bad the defenses actually could be.
W
AG
Barnacle said:

mrfun83 said:

This team is highly recruited at some areas, and woefully deficient in three critical ones.

It's funny that this is the exact way Sumlin recruited. Just different positions of strength. Bad DB recruiting for both however.
yes, this has been the problem

unequal distribution of the elite talent

great in some position groups -- weak in others

and the weak spots get exploited game after game
dtkprowler
AG
I'll raise you a Gary _arnell
Barnacle
AG
fla_agfan said:

I knew we were gonna lose... but then the 1st half gave me hope...

It's my fault. I keep allowing myself to get sucked in.

Same **** every season... "wait till next year"

I've been waiting since the late 80s

Aggie Football = Charlie Brown kicking Lucy's football.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Does anyone have a replay of that defensive holding?
W
AG
Joes said:

W said:

R.C.'s 1994 win in Baton Rouge continues to age well

the Ags will try again in 2025

Winning 18-13 against a 4-7 LSU team in 1994 is not exactly something to champion, but yeah, it was a win.
but it's still the last victory --- until further notice

aggiesundevil4
AG
I think the shift to nuns on this thread cost us the game….
oneeyedag
RIP Torbush....wow!
Barnacle
AG
Noble Men said:

It is a statement of stubbornness for Jimbo and the fact he kept running 3 man fronts out these last 3 gamea is the absolute definition of incredible stupidity

And the fact that he and Dimbo lied to all the DL recruits and told them we were sticking with a 4 man front. I won't blame any of them for leaving and am surprised they stayed this long.
Agit8r
AG
oneeyedag said:

eternaloblivion said:

Noble Men said:

They were the bright spot. The problem is most people here have such low football IQ to differentiate a good defense from an average to a poor DeRuyter or Snyder defense......[those same low IQers are quickly googling who I'm referring too] cause they just don't know how bad the defenses actually could be.
The only (and glaring) issues I see with our defense is outside containment and weak secondary play....imho. Having played d-end in HS, containment was THE #1 fundamental stressed for that position.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
It was disheartening to watch us blow a 24-14 lead with 11:04 left in the 3rd quarter to lose 42-30 to LSU on the road and drop to 7-5 (4-4 SEC). As a result, we have lost 10 consecutive road games, including 7 against SEC West teams. I noticed several other trends.

1. A loss prevented us from posting our 4th winning SEC record in 12 years in the conference and dropped us to 4th in the SEC West.

2. Since joining the SEC in 2012, we are 0-6 in Baton Rouge, and 5 of those losses were by 12+ points each.

3. We have not won a road game since a 35-14 win at Missouri on 10/16/2021. This is the 2nd straight year we did not win a single road game.

4. We have not beaten an SEC west team on the road since a 31-20 win at Auburn on 12/05/2020.

5. This is the 3rd road game we scored 30+ points, but we lost all 3 of those road games, 2 of them by 12+ points.

6. This is the 9th time we scored 30+ points, and we have fallen to 6-3 in those games.
htxag09
AG
And I thought our refs were bad…..
EnviroAg96
AG
The missed field goal then INT was the obvious turning point. Outscored 21-6 after that, could have easily been 28-6. 12:51 left in the game, throw a pick, and then we get outscored by FREAKING 21-6.
94chem
From a football fan perspective, one cool thing today was that the 2 best defensive players on the field were linebackers. Don't see that much in today's game.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
94chem
Durkin rushes 3 and still allows single coverage outside against their best receiver. SMH times infinity.
94chem,
sharpdressedman
The miserably bad second half proved the coaching staff is fecklessly ignorant. Aggies everywhere could predict the loss after the missed FG in the third quarter. SOS. Keep ER and sweep the rest of the coaches out the door.

Gunny456
AG
Disagree. He beat many with equal or greater talent.
whatthehey78
AG
Agit8r said:

Our secondary=short & slow.
+ incapable of tackling
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
DGrimesAg92
AggieArchitect04 said:

Refs shouldn't decide games.

And prostitution should be legal.
Houstonag
AG
We played sloppy in 4th quarter. Receivers did not run good routes. Defense should have contained the LSU QB much better.
Logos Stick
oneeyedag said:

eternaloblivion said:

Noble Men said:

What would Elko have done with that talent?

Durkin needs to go.
AggieGirl-00
Not sure what game you watched When the QB stayed in the picket Zuhn kept the QB from getting sacked!
Angry Beaver
AG
We need a new coach. This one sucks.
the_batman26
AG
Interim is in his job title for a reason.
Jawbreaker
aggiesundevil4 said:

I think the shift to nuns on this thread cost us the game….
Blame the people who "Didn't like that trash"

*shrug*

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.