Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I figured the folks in Eugene needed something talk about

10,920 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Bluto
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just do this if you really want to make them think we got him

Tree Hugger
AG
The wall I mentioned earlier:

Not sure who this guy is:

FarmerJohn
AG
Sharpshooter said:

Too bad Gameday isn't in Eugene this week.

It would be hilarious to see Aggie Coaching search committee signs at GameDay. Though is James Madison the coach or the school?
Tree Hugger
AG
I wonder if GameDay would be interested in final regular season Ducks/Beavers game? I could make some signage happen
dabo man
AG
It's so stupid that Civil War has to end. Somehow Florida and FSU, Georgia and Ga Tech, Clemson and USCe, and on and on manage to play out of conference every season.

It's like Bevo set the new standard when they refused to play us again after we left for the SEC. Now that's just "what's done" when a rival leaves your conference.
twk
AG
Maroon blazer or GTFO.
Tree Hugger
AG
Another visit today, it may be the last for a while (I'll explain in a minute)

I decided to break out the big guns today in the form of the cuteness of the hound:

We entered the Autzen complex and I managed to finally get the hound to stand still enough for a pic. We are just outside the Duck Store looking towards Autzen. The office/locker room building is on the left, the indoor practice facility is on the right just past the store.

One thing I was not anticipating was that the players and coaches would be moving from one building to another while we were there:

We continued walking towards the stadium and saw the equipment guys (again) just around the corner. It's a bad pic, but apparently it is silver helmets this weekend:

We had to walk back pretty much the same way we came since I drove over this morning (raining, not a shocker there) and parked in the short term spots outside the practice facility. We encountered several more players, a couple even made "WTF?" or "do you see that?" kind of comments to the ones they were walking next to.

An assistant coach/trainer/staffer was laughing and came up to talk since I had to wait to let the players cross between buildings. He thought the idea was hilarious but suggested that I not take pictures of players/staff that also had me and the dog with our maroon gear in the same image (which I hadn't done and wasn't planning to). I decided that would be a good time to depart, it was starting to feel like bad bull since I wasn't planning on actually encountering any players.

I'm glad I didn't have the suggested giant bag of money with me. It would have been hilarious to actually encounter Lanning, but in the end he is there doing his job and it's bad bull to bother someone at work. A chance encounter would be one thing, but not on the way to practice.

Tree Hugger
AG
I decided to check the roster just for the fun of it and it turns out that both of these players are long snappers and the one on the right is a freshman from Dripping Springs, TX

Post removed:
by user
Divining Rod
FSBO. take a pic of Lanning house. put cryptic message like "Details to follow. Private showing by appointment.."

ok thats taking it too far....
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

Autzen is cool - Hayward blows my mind. Who cares that much about track and field?!?!

One of their runners from the 1950's started a little shoe business.
StinkyPinky
AG
94 would never had made it here with those ankles.
ObviousLazyRiverIsObvious
Tree Hugger said:

AGinHI said:

Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

Next time wear a business suite, leave the dog behind. Wear dark sunglasses. Talk on your cell phone. When anyone is close to within earshot, say things like "we ought to be able to have that meeting confidentially..." or "I think the money is there to make it happen" or "We can fly him into Houston and have him back, same day..."

Take it one step further - Go with suit, maroon tie, A&M lapel pin and walk around campus asking directions to the athletic department as you have a meeting with Coach Lanning.
Since the stadium isn't on campus that wouldn't do much good.

One incentive though is that I guarantee there isn't a homeless camp within 100 yards of the TAMU practice facilities. This is just west of the Autzen Complex at Leo Harris/MLK, pretty much right across the street.

Maybe their Ben Bitner lives in that camp.
It Aint Easy Being Brown
This thread got kinda stalky
agwrestler
AG
Tree Hugger said:

I'm walking the hound every morning nearby anyway...

The Autzen complex is pretty much open aside from buildings and facilities since they have a "Duck Store" attached to the building behind me so it is good to walk around and check things out. The hound is a bit of regular since he is used to the walk between the offices and the stadium on the way to the dog park, a couple of the volleyball players even know him by name.

This is actually my third visit this week, but my most obnoxious outfit. Yesterday my hat got a comment of "Texas A&M? Oh hell no!" from one of the equipment guys.

This morning they were practicing outside and cranking crowd noise on the PA, I guess they are expecting a noisy crowd at ASU.

Sadly, the obnoxious outfit did not get any comments today.

You mention volleyball players then include just pic of your high roller getup?A

SO disappointing
jp95
AG
You sir, are the man.
Hungry Ojos
Why are so many of our fans hell bent on embarrassing the rest of us? This is REALLY cringeworthy in my opinion. It's equivalent to wearing obnoxious A&M gear to a tu football game that we aren't even playing in. It's not witty or cute, it's embarrassing. "Look at me, damnit, look at me. Some one, any one!!! OVER HERE!!!' No one in Oregon gives a **** about Texas A&M and certainly not the least bit worried about us affecting their program in any way. We are wholly irrelevant. They are not. What would you think about an Abilene Christian fan stalking our facilities in full ACU gear on a weekday trying desperately to get someone to notice him? Wouldn't you think he was pathetic? Cause that's the same thing you've done here. Good Lord.
StinkyPinky
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

Why are so many of our fans hell bent on embarrassing the rest of us? This is REALLY cringeworthy in my opinion. It's equivalent to wearing obnoxious A&M gear to a tu football game that we aren't even playing in. It's not witty or cute, it's embarrassing. "Look at me, damnit, look at me. Some one, any one!!! OVER HERE!!!' No one in Oregon gives a **** about Texas A&M and certainly not the least bit worried about us affecting their program in any way. We are wholly irrelevant. They are not. What would you think about an Abilene Christian fan stalking our facilities in full ACU gear on a weekday trying desperately to get someone to notice him? Wouldn't you think he was pathetic? Cause that's the same thing you've done here. Good Lord.
Life is getting the better of you huh? No worries, let it out. We're here for you.
The Marksman
The Marksman
AG
Meant to post down thumbs
Amaze72
Go with the dark suit, maroon tie, Aggie ring, ear bud with the clear wire, and a briefcase chained to your wrist. Oh, and use the fake arm thing so you can have your real arm free for the Uzi. Have fun.
sonnysixkiller
AG
Well the folks in Eugene have a good football team
milner79
OP, you should trim up the beard, put on some UTSA gear and come walk around Aggie Park this morning ...

BMX Bandit
Funny stuff!

Keep it up

Don't let the babies thousands of miles away that get embarrassed so easily deter you.
Bluto
AG
Lighten up Francis. It's funny in a good spirited way. He even got a laugh from an assistant coach. Don't take life so seriously.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.