Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I figured the folks in Eugene needed something talk about

10,905 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Bluto
Tree Hugger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm walking the hound every morning nearby anyway...

The Autzen complex is pretty much open aside from buildings and facilities since they have a "Duck Store" attached to the building behind me so it is good to walk around and check things out. The hound is a bit of regular since he is used to the walk between the offices and the stadium on the way to the dog park, a couple of the volleyball players even know him by name.

This is actually my third visit this week, but my most obnoxious outfit. Yesterday my hat got a comment of "Texas A&M? Oh hell no!" from one of the equipment guys.

This morning they were practicing outside and cranking crowd noise on the PA, I guess they are expecting a noisy crowd at ASU.

Sadly, the obnoxious outfit did not get any comments today.
LatinAggie1997
rootube
AG
Should tape a sign to you blazer that reads "coaching search committee".
Sharpshooter
AG
If Lanning is remotely interested, I hope your stunt does not turn him off.
dabo man
AG
I'd be interested to see how your outfit would go over in nearby Corvallis?
Moral High Horse
Please carry this around as well.

Flashdiaz
AG
walk around with these bags:

Fatboy Thaddeus
Clutch one of these (but put in Lanning's pic & name, first) too:
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Next time wear a business suit, leave the dog behind. Wear dark sunglasses. Talk on your cell phone. When anyone is close to within earshot, say things like "we ought to be able to have that meeting confidentially..." or "I think the money is there to make it happen" or "We can fly him into Houston and have him back, same day..."

heavily intoxtricated
This thread has legit potential. OP, keep it up, and please take some people in this thread up on their suggestions. I personally like the huge bag of cash idea.
Moral High Horse
Has any checked out the duck forums for a spotting of this guy?
The Marksman
AG
Dude I love it!
Eso si, Que es
Moral High Horse said:

Has any checked out the duck forums for a spotting of this guy?
Do Eugene have a board?
Tree Hugger
AG
Until today, I've been wearing urban camouflage, but I shall increase the effort. I like the bag of money and dark glasses/phone conversation ideas.

I'll see what I can do for tomorrow, I need to see if I can figure out their travel schedule. My son works at the Eugene airport, the possibilities are endless.
dabo man
AG
I interviewed with the U of O back in Sept 2000 at the Casanova Center. Pretty sure it's in this same parking lot (Autzen Stadium).
ClearlyJustSomeAg
AG
That's a cool looking practice facility and this is some grade A Duck trolling.
Tree Hugger
AG
ClearlyJustSomeAg said:

That's a cool looking practice facility and this is some grade A Duck trolling.

I'll get a pic tomorrow, but they have a pretty cool metal wall that is an image from a game. You have to look at it from the right angle to see the image, but each hole in the metal is in the shape of a flying duck.
Tree Hugger
AG
dabo man said:

I'd be interested to see how your outfit would go over in nearby Corvallis?
Corvallis is just far enough away that I won't do the same unless I have business up there. Being less than half a mile from Autzen is the only reason I am doing this anyway.
AGinHI
AG
Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

Next time wear a business suite, leave the dog behind. Wear dark sunglasses. Talk on your cell phone. When anyone is close to within earshot, say things like "we ought to be able to have that meeting confidentially..." or "I think the money is there to make it happen" or "We can fly him into Houston and have him back, same day..."

Take it one step further - Go with suit, maroon tie, A&M lapel pin and walk around campus asking directions to the athletic department as you have a meeting with Coach Lanning.
Sharpshooter
AG
Too bad Gameday isn't in Eugene this week.
Tree Hugger
AG
AGinHI said:

Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

Next time wear a business suite, leave the dog behind. Wear dark sunglasses. Talk on your cell phone. When anyone is close to within earshot, say things like "we ought to be able to have that meeting confidentially..." or "I think the money is there to make it happen" or "We can fly him into Houston and have him back, same day..."

Take it one step further - Go with suit, maroon tie, A&M lapel pin and walk around campus asking directions to the athletic department as you have a meeting with Coach Lanning.
Since the stadium isn't on campus that wouldn't do much good.

One incentive though is that I guarantee there isn't a homeless camp within 100 yards of the TAMU practice facilities. This is just west of the Autzen Complex at Leo Harris/MLK, pretty much right across the street.

Know Your Enemy
AG
rootube said:

Should tape a sign to you blazer that reads "coaching search committee".

****ing brilliant.
i is smart
AG
Tree Hugger said:

AGinHI said:

Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

Since the stadium isn't on campus that wouldn't do much good.

One incentive though is that I guarantee there isn't a homeless camp within 100 yards of the TAMU practice facilities. This is just west of the Autzen Complex at Leo Harris/MLK, pretty much right across the street.

Do not challenge some of our current student body to start encouraging homeless people to set-up on campus.
dabo man
AG
Used to be students who lived in the MSC during any given semester.
Tree Hugger
AG
Its the legal weed and "decriminalized" heroin and fentanyl that feed the homeless camps around here.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Dress up like a homeless person and take a dump at the front door.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Find Lannings house and put a used Christmas tree in the front yard
https://i.postimg.cc/rpHKr9JQ/IMG-0770.jpg
92_Ag
AG
Tree Hugger said:

Until today, I've been wearing urban camouflage, but I shall increase the effort. I like the bag of money and dark glasses/phone conversation ideas.

I'll see what I can do for tomorrow, I need to see if I can figure out their travel schedule. My son works at the Eugene airport, the possibilities are endless.
Be sure to get one of those old beige giant brick Motorola phones or maybe a satellite phone with the giant antenna…

Kudos to you on some light hearted good spirited trolling! Too funny.
TxAg76
AG
Thank you Coach Beard!
Say hi to Ted for me
Tree Hugger
AG
Nm
StinkyPinky
AG
Gold! So proud of you!
WestGalvestonAggie
TxAg76 said:

Thank you Coach Beard!
Say hi to Ted for me
I thought the EXACT same thing.
DecadePlan
AG
Tree Hugger said:

Okay. Some quality trolling. Lol.
RangerRick9211
AG
Tree Hugger said:

Its the legal weed and "decriminalized" heroin and fentanyl that feed the homeless camps around here.
You leave my pot of out this, fellow OR bro.

We're slowly turning this place into the next CO with all the Aggies here. See a car every now and then and a couple flags around my hood in PDX.

Autzen is cool - Hayward blows my mind. Who cares that much about track and field?!?!
Win At Life
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

Tree Hugger said:

You leave my pot of out this, fellow OR bro.

We're slowly turning this place into the next CO with all the Aggies here. See a car every now and then and a couple flags around my hood in PDX.

Autzen is cool - Hayward blows my mind. Who cares that much about track and field?!?!

My Aggie son lives in Corvallis
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.