Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

It's not "funny." It's assault

15,209 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by TexasAggiesWin
jace1999
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's partially my point. "Tea Bagging" happens all the time from less mature players. While players may get tangled getting up after a play, doing a half squat and a little shimmy with your junk on someone's head should be a penalty that is looked for by the officials.
13B
AerialsUAS said:

It's a physical, contact sport. It may be dirty but that's part of the game
Maybe...IN PRISON!

Boxing is a physical sport, is it appropriate to run your nads over your opponent's head if you knock him down?
alamogeorge
AG
You are correct. There's lots of times these guys lose their cool and I may feel different if this or any of our games had any meaning but you don't let another man teabag you. Not only that hold you to the ground and lay on top of you. Now it would have been nice that he just mowed him over on the next play but that didn't happen.

#metoo
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
oneeyedag
So if Max goes under center, I mean the tush push.

I'm not saying it's right, especially in today's climate but if you've been in the locker room of either male or female sports it's much worse.

I probably, no I would have done the same as Turner.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Viewer discretion advised.

AG
Sterling82 said:

I don't necessarily go with the sexual assault angle but definitely was unsportsmanlike conduct

15 yard penalty, 10% off Vaseline, and get the f*** back in the closet.
geoag58
AG
Duckhook said:

Michigan must have thought that was a signal to steal.
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
the_batman26
AG
Assault doesn't require contact. This has been common law doctrine for centuries.
Ifishandlie
AG
This thread is awesome! This is entertainment.
Op that stuff goes on

Nothing better than pinching a guy in that soft spot on the inside of the thigh up kinda high. That'll always get them to kick you. Penalty. Winning

BusterAg
AG
Duckhook said:

That was a 45 yard thigh - pinch that pretty much won us the game.
VA_Ag94
AG
4 said:

I don't know about assault, but it's pretty damn gay.

In all the years I played football, the last thing I ever thought about doing to another guy was rubbing my nuts all over his head.
You've obviously never played Halo.
Ifishandlie
AG
Lol!
I drew the line at grabbing balls. That's a little too far up. But yes. 60% of the time that pinch works every time

That really hurts. I mean really hurts. How many of y'all are trying it now … ha
AG
VA_Ag94 said:

4 said:

In all the years I played football, the last thing I ever thought about doing to another guy was rubbing my nuts all over his head.
You've obviously never played Halo.

You're right. I spent my younger years dating women.
AG
the_batman26 said:

Assault doesn't require contact. This has been common law doctrine for centuries.

Seriously? THAT'S what you took from my post? That I was really concerned with the legal definition of assault?

I cry for the future of this country...
the_batman26
AG
You said it didn't look like an assault when its definition is way broader and has been since Norman England. So yes, it can look like assault.
Loren Visser
jace1999 said:

Micah Pettus committed sexual assault before being punched by Shemar Turner, and Shemar should not have to apologize for his reaction.

Sexual assault refers to sexual contact that occurs without explicit consent. One aspect of sexual contact is the intentional touching, either directly or through the clothing, of the of any person with an intent to humiliate any person.

When a player "tea bags" another player who is getting up, it should not be overlooked. It should be unsportsman-like conduct at a minimum. Players do it all the time and it is not funny. It's assault.

Definition: sexual contact from 18 USC 2246(3) | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)
Agreed, no Aggie would ever do anything so low down and dirty!
If the pay's right, and it's legal, I'll do it...Well, if the pay's right, I'll do it.
spherical
AG
13B said:

AerialsUAS said:

Maybe...IN PRISON!

Sick reference
Sterling82
Bryanisbest said:

You don't retaliate when everyone is looking. If you have too, do it when no one is looking.

My father taught me to never hit anyone out of anger unless you're pretty sure you can get away with it.
AG
the_batman26 said:

You said it didn't look like an assault when its definition is way broader and has been since Norman England. So yes, it can look like assault.

If you can read, I said, "I don't know about assault", not, "it didn't look like assault".

Whether or not it was assault wasn't the overriding theme of the post.
the_batman26
AG
No one spends time on the LII from Cornell for fun lol, nor do they dig through the U.S. Code for statutory definitions, especially in Title 18.
Magneto
AG
I stand with Shemar even if it costs us the game. We weren't going to win anyway because Jim. It was the highlight of the game when a man puts another man in his place. Gotta stand for something………
He is Ass My Dude
AerialsUAS said:

What? Where the hell did you play ball, prison?

Lone Stranger
Jerrod-Eddie....Coach; I thought you said "grab his balls instead of get the ball!!!!!!"

Ol Rock
AG
That is the definition of a personal foul. If a ref sees that humiliating act, it should be a 15 yrd personal foul. If it is reoccurring, you should be disqualified from the remainder of competition or ejected.

Officials call it a few times and it stops.
Faustus
jace1999 said:

That's partially my point. "Tea Bagging" happens all the time from less mature players. While players may get tangled getting up after a play, doing a half squat and a little shimmy with your junk on someone's head should be a penalty that is looked for by the officials.
It could be some variation of targeting to the head of the defenseless player on the ground. The refs can review to see if it warrants tossing the player.

This sort of feels like the Porky's scene with BB and the coaches in the principal's office. We can put up "Wanted" posters all over school. "Have you seen this *****? Report immediately to BB. Do not attempt to apprehend this *****, as it is armed and dangerous. It was last seen hanging out on Kyle Field."
WC94
AG
F around and find out. Dude got punched in the nutz. I guarantee he wont do that to Shemar again.
Fins Up!
AG
This is stupid. It's like the OP has never played football before.
Decay
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

This is stupid. It's like the OP has never played football before.

What kind of rubbing your balls on someone's head football did you play
Whaler
AG
Yep, I can't blame Shemar. In a just world, their O-lineman should have gotten an unsportsmanlike penalty for sure.

Even though it's consensual, the whole QB snap "under center" is pretty strange from some perspectives. I mean, one teammate putting his hands up against another teammates junk (with considerable hand pressure to prevent a fumble) to start a play, lol? Kinda weird in a lot of ways, lol.
misterguinness
AG
If Shemar filed a Title IX complaint, he could bury that guy.
2+2=5
Fins Up!
AG
Stuff like this happens when you cannot win on the road. Win these games and this crap goes away.

Systemic culture of losing…
SteveA
AG
Quote:

Micah Pettus committed sexual assault before being punched by Shemar Turner, and Shemar should not have to apologize for his reaction.
I think you see what you wanted to see to justify the immature actions of our football player.
levypantsEOY
This is the funniest post I have read here in a LONG time.
And with 28 blue stars...
Amazing.
Divining Rod
4 said:

funny, i NEVER thiught of it
Divining Rod
_mpaul said:

Luke The Drifter said:

You joined TexAgs almost NINE years ago, and *that* is your first post???
Honestly, that probably means he's the smartest one on this thread.

as long as he didn't read much either
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.