Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

BYU Fan Back To Say Thanks!

4,138 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by cr0wbar
BYUcoug
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hello again Aggies,

A few weeks back I hoped on here to ask advice before traveling from Utah to attend my first A&M game this past weekend versus Bama. I'm returning to say thank you!

Thank you to the girl at Aggieland Outfitters where we picked up the A&M Bama gameday shirt for unexpectedly complimenting us on our BYU hats as we walked through the door.

Thank you to the guy we talked to in line at Dixie Chicken who asked if I was the BYU fan who had posted on here. It was great to chat in line before we ordered. The burger was delicious and a great atmosphere. My buddy and I thoroughly enjoyed sitting back by the rattlesnake, eating, and watching all of you cheer on OU to beat the Longhorns.

As we made our way to the stadium, I was really impressed how efficient 108,000+ people made their way into the stadium and to their seats. Same thing for exiting afterwards too.

I ended up scoring some great seats from Mike1973 on this board. I was also super surprised season ticket holders can still get paper tickets! I really miss my BYU season tickets being paper as it makes for a good keepsake. These seats were in section 33 about 25 rows up and they were perfect!

Thank you to the older gentleman I sat by. He was super friendly right from the start and we had great conversation throughout the game.

Thank you to the 12th man! WOW! I definitely consider Lavell Edwards Stadium a hidden gem in the west of 64,000 sober Mormons yelling to make a great and underrated atmosphere but this was definitely the loudest football game I've ever been to! Also, the most unified fanbase I've ever seen and it didn't let up from start to finish! Very impressive and something I will never forget. I will tell everyone about the time I witnessed the A&M crowd bring Bama to NINE false starts! It was simply poetic to be a part of that. Kyle Field with its new layout almost feels like a basketball arena where the noise just gets trapped in. Love it!!

Your band at halftime... beautiful!

As for the actual games, I'm not even an A&M fan, though I'll definitely pull for you after this, but man even I was frustrated by the lack of a secondary coverage and some really poor choices and clock management down the stretch. The inability to score with three minutes left from the two was mind boggling! I so so wish to have seen A&M down only two with that crowd and three times outs.

This is getting long but I really just want to express how much this experience meant to me to see first hand some state of Texas, SEC, big-time CBS, football.

The few small areas I think BYU has you beat on is our mascot, Cosmo, who dances and pulls off stunts like no other, a Cougar Tail, which is an 18 inch maple bar served at games, and the 3rd to 4th quarter transition which at BYU includes Polynesian fire dancers (link below). I welcome you all to come check these out with me in Provo someday and later on when my young boys are older, I will DEFINITELY be coming back to a game at Kyle Field!! Good luck the rest of the season!

P.S. To the guy who yelled at me BYU sucks. Just go check the series record.
WC94
AG
TLDR
Al Bula
AG
lol you're right, you got us beat. that sure is an awesome diabetes dong.

AgTrip
Great....now whiners here unhappy with the game day atmosphere are going to want Polynesian fire jugglers!!!
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
glad you had a great time hopefully next time you visit we will get the W.

hope you can appreciate my handle/ name
eiggA2002
AG
Whoop! Glad you guys had a blast and glad you enjoyed the burger! Good chatting with y'all!
alamogeorge
AG
We were louder when we were sober and didn't have a DJ.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
fulshearAg96
AG
Thanks for the nice review. Don't take this the wrong way but you can keep Cosmos!
RightWingConspirator
AG
Glad you had a great experience, Cougar fan. I've been to games at LE field. It is a great atmosphere, but nothing really compares to Kyle Field for football.

My daughter is a sophomore up at BYU. We get up there quite often. Great school and a beautiful setting.
"But it is easier to purchase products that denote superiority than to be actually superior in economic achievement." - Thomas J. Stanley
BYUcoug
While not as iconic as some, I will die on the hill that Cosmo is THE most entertaining mascot in all of college sports! His stunts and dance moves over the past 10 years have really elevated him to a new level and his 1.7 million+ social media following and viral YouTube videos back up his growing popularity.
The Agly Duckling
Glad you had a good time! Sorry about the jerk who yelled at you . . . every fan bases has its jackwagons.

Blessings to you and your friends and family.
Bill Superman
AG
I wish we could root y'all on to beat sip for us all on a yearly basis, but since we'll be stuck with them we'll have to do it for y'all.
Alpha Man
Did you like the yell leaders? If so, please feel free to take them to Utah. I think they'd fit in well in Utah.
BYUcoug
It was done it jest and fun. I smiled at him and he smiled at me as we both walked our separate ways. No love lost and very mild compared to others things that have been said to me when attending BYU away games.

I really have been on cloud nine about the whole experience telling everyone I know how much fun I had and how LOUD the stadium was! Hope to come back someday.
Craigy
We consider Reveille a representation of the university and the the highest ranking member of the Corps. We aren't trying to out social media cosmos. We will try to dislocate the ball from Detmer's grandson or his kid the next time the Mormon's come to Kyle
Al Bula
AG
Bold move. Come to another team's message board and argue relevancy by positing pastries and social media presence mean anything.

What a weird thing.
Blitz88
AG
David Happymountain said:

Bold move. Come to another team's message board and argue relevancy by positing pastries and social media presence mean anything.

What a weird thing.
This interpretation is the product of strained and tortured reasoning. His post was highly complementary and only slightly mentioned a few items where he found BYU to be superior.
REMARCH11
AG
Glad you came to experience Kyle Field.
If you happen to make the trip to DK, it will be a very different experience……..I hope y'all beat them by 100!!
God,....I really hate the sips!
Matsui
AG
thanks for coming back and giving us a review!
Divining Rod
polynesian fire dancers!!! not sure we could ever compete with THAT! or WANT to!
Carmine Scarpacio
Did you get lost between the parking lot and the stadium and have some kindly Ag help you find it?
12thMan9
AG
Divining Rod said:

polynesian fire dancers!!! not sure we could ever compete with THAT! or WANT to!
If they can play DB......
Ronnie '88
UTExan
Ask Cougar Fan about Dirty Soda for a good time
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
cr0wbar
AG
Glad you had a good time, thanks for the outside view. I try to take someone new to Kyle with me once a season, and most people are blown away. Albeit, living in Houston it's still fun to see it through someone else's eyes. Don't mind these yahoos in here, the free board brings out some cringe folks.

My uncle has a place in Ogden / Eden area north of SLC. Best powder I've ever skied on!

#Gigs
It's all in good fun.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.