Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Was That Really Petrino's Offense We Saw ??

3,787 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by 92Ag95
Bassinagfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It looked awfully familiar…..
Formerly Known as Powerstroke Ag
JohnLA762
AG
Defense lost this game, that is all!
BudFox7
Only time it didn't look like Jimbo's offense was when we went down 2 scores
dlsarmi2
AG
Today showed Jimbo still heavily influences play calls (just look at the results).
murphyag
AG
Bassinagfan said:

It looked awfully familiar…..

I thought the same thing. I feel like he had more input in the game plan this week.
VikingNik
AG
It looked like they took turns on alternating drives.
HoopsAg
Jumbo just can't let it go…
Agit8r
AG
I guess Petrino didn't notice the blitz all night. The rest of the stadium and everyone else watching did.
Magpie
dlsarmi2 said:

Today showed Jimbo still heavily influences play calls (just look at the results).
Except that we scored 11 points more than our season average last year! I would say that it was NOT Jimbo's offense. Looked pretty Petrino-esque to me!
one safe place
Well, say what you want about Jimbo but it only took two weeks to corrupt Petrino and get him on the same pages as Jimbo is on
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Our offense scored 33 points, which is the most we've scored in a road game since a 35-14 win at Missouri on 10/16/2021. Unfortunately, our defense allowed 41 points, and our special teams allowed a 98-yard kickoff return for another 7 points. The 48 points we surrendered is the most we've allowed since a 52-24 blowout loss at Alabama on 10/3/2020.
FTAG 2000
AG
If you score 33 on the road in a top 25 game you should win.

Today was -urkin's loss
AggieMD95
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Today was -urkin's loss

Exactly
agracer
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Our offense scored 33 points, which is the most we've scored in a road game since a 35-14 win at Missouri on 10/16/2021. Unfortunately, our defense allowed 41 points, and our special teams allowed a 98-yard kickoff return for another 7 points. The 48 points we surrendered is the most we've allowed since a 52-24 blowout loss at Alabama on 10/3/2020.
And the powers that be gave Jimbo a raise for that season.
Aggie1188
FTAG 2000 said:

Today was -urkin's loss
Thank god for the couple short fields from a muffed punt and blocked punt. Our last TD was kind of into their prevent defense. Offense sucked today. Running game was decent until we'd run right into their blitzes and stopped being aggressive passing downfield that we had been excited about after last week. We played conservatively.
PatAg
AG
It doesnt matter who is calling the plays if Jimbo is one of the primary voices in creating the scheme in the offseason. Which based on these games, seems like a lot of simliiarities
Nino Brown
This loss was not 100 percent on the D. After Amari's TD to go up 17-7, everything on offense looked panicked and unorganized with no adjustments at the line of scrimmage. Can't pick up blitz because we're constantly snapping the ball with under 5 on play clock.

We were able to still put up 33 due to athletes making plays here and there. The play calling was terrible mid 2nd quarter for rest of the game.
92Ag95
AG
Jimbo: "Hey Bobby, how about I call this one for old times sake?"

Bobby: "Ehhh, I don't know Jimbo, I mean you kind of hired me for....."[interrupted by Jimbo]

Jimbo: "It's settled then...after we win I'll give the fans a big 'I told you so' when I reveal that I actually called it."

Bobby: "I don't know Jimb..." [interrupted by Jimbo again]

Jimbo: "Good thing we practiced until we couldn't get it wrong instead of just until we got it right."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.