Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Emotional detachment is the way

1,900 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by gwoodtamu
unimboti nkum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Soso nikinombiki maaki dii.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Did this long ago
halfastros81
AG
I wish I knew how.
ChemEAg08
AG
halfastros81 said:

I wish I knew how.

Bro did you not even Fran years?
Nitro Power
AG
halfastros81 said:

I wish I knew how.

I promise there is way more important things in life than college football. If A&M wins or loses it shouldn't change you life at all.
shalackin
AG
BAS has been and always will be in control! Learn it and understand it.
halfastros81
AG
Not even then. It 's probably some kind of documented mental illness.
halfastros81
AG
I dunno that it changes my life in the bigger picture but it changes my mood for sure. I'm not
Pretending that it's rational, just saying what it is.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Nitro Power said:

halfastros81 said:

I wish I knew how.

I promise there is way more important things in life than college football. If A&M wins or loses it shouldn't change you life at all.

First hug your kids post if the day.

I mean who am I kidding, I've been emotionally uninvested in Jimbo football for the past three years. He just needs to go. This didn't work.
MEENag
AG
I think I am there. It's taken a few years, and it goes in and out a bit, but overall I don't care nearly as much as I used to.
Sea Speed
AG
100% this. Letting a bunch of coddled children you will never meet playing a game you have absolutely no affect over rule your emotions is pretty sad, tbh. Its a game played by other people who now have only the most basic association with an institution you hold dear. Let it go and just watch it for what it is, pure entertainment.
Nitro Power
AG
halfastros81 said:

I dunno that it changes my life in the bigger picture but it changes my mood for sure. I'm not
Pretending that it's rational, just saying what it is.

But why would it change you mood?
Nitro Power
AG
Sea Speed said:

100% this. Letting a bunch of coddled children you will never meet playing a game you have absolutely no affect over rule your emotions is pretty sad, tbh. Its a game played by other people who now have only the most basic association with an institution you hold dear. Let it go and just watch it for what it is, pure entertainment.

And A&M is a far cry from what we knew in many respects
dabo man
AG
I did this after the loss at USL in 1996. I realized as I was yelling on the post game show (I called in) that I needed some space from the program.
Duckhook
AG
Nitro Power said:

halfastros81 said:

I wish I knew how.

This cannot possibly be true.
SoTxAg
AG
Can focus on south zone dove hunting now.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I stopped caring after UCLA and I haven't stressed about Aggie football since.
Seanzy2012
AG
Teach us.
Sea Speed
AG
Nitro Power said:

Sea Speed said:

And A&M is a far cry from what we knew in many respects

College football as a whole is different. It is pro football light and I have no real interest in that. There will always be some kids who have wanted to play for school X for their whole lives and to them it means more, and that is absolutely awesome those guys get to to live their dream, but by amd large these are just semi pro games now at the level TAMU is supposed to be operating. Meh.
curry97
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Did this long ago

Did this during the Sherman years.
halfastros81
AG
Because what I want to see happen so badly doesn't happen. I know it's all out of my control but I still want to see it . I'm pretty sure I'm far from alone. I'll be back to normal in a few hours but will not feel quite as much energy or joy until tomorrow. The first loss of the "fall" is generally the worst.

I know ya'lls advice is good advice. I just never have been able to follow thru with the detachment

Clearly there are many more important things in one's
Life and I haven't missed out on those significantly
Because of my interest in Aggie football . It's
Not that bad but still does change mood and I'll
Likely be right back to
Watching next week and every week thereafter unless of course something I find a better use of time presents itself which is more likely
Now.
AGinHI
AG
Sid Farkas
AG
Stros vs Pads is starting momentarily
98WFSCAG
AG
After last year it's def happening today.
gwoodtamu
AG
I stopped caring after the UCLA disaster a few years ago. When I nearly busted my TV I stopped watching regularly and just haven't been emotionally invested since. At some point you have to realize when your program just sucks, and will always suck.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.