Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

***Buffs at purple baylol***

21,629 Views | 419 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Jim Hogg is angry
MaroonStain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieOO said:

I haven't looked at colorado's schedule and don't really follow pac 12. Does CU play any teams with a pulse on defense?

Utah last game of reg season.
jonb02
AG
TCU wii beat texas
i is smart
AG
Still a long season, but I've always thought a non traditional coach could shake things up in the transfer portal era. Best of luck to Prime and the Buffs.
TexasAggiesWin
S
CuervoAg said:

TCU = Icarus. Flew to close to the sun and now have fallen and drowned.

Absolutely
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
What a sensational game! Coach Deion Sanders led Colorado to a 45-42 upset of 20.5-point favorite No.17 TCU on the road in his coaching debut. Travis Hunter is a sensational two-way player with 11 catches for 119 yards and a crucial interception that prevented TCU from scoring a touchdown. As a result, Colorado beat a top 20 team on the road for the first time since a 28-13 win over then No. 13 Nebraska on 11/29/02.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Big noon Fox dbags can pack up for Boulder next week.
jonb02
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

What a sensational game! Coach Deion Sanders led Colorado to a 45-42 upset of 20.5-point favorite No.17 TCU on the road in his coaching debut. Travis Hunter is a sensational two-way player with 11 catches for 119 yards and a crucial interception that prevented TCU from scoring a touchdown. As a result, Colorado beat a top 20 team on the road for the first time since a 28-13 win over then No. 13 Nebraska on 11/29/02.
Don't forget about Shadeur Sanders hell of a game. Who does the game ball go to?
Iowaggie
AG
TCU had eight players drafted last NFL draft trailing only Alabama, Georgia and Michigan. Unlike those schools, they aren't stacked at all those positions. I would not be surprised to see TCU go about 7-5 in Big 12.

Colorado may crush Nebraska, but I wouldn't count on college kids and read too much into one week's performance.
Aggie2
Demosthenes81 said:

Sooooo

CU wins Pac12 in 2023 and Big12 in 24?
The Utes, Washington, Oregon and USC will put them in their place. Their defense is almost as bad as TCU's.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Lots of people here with a heaping helping of crow to eat.
TexasAggie81
Aggie said:

Wonder if they will think this is a huge win when TCU finishes 5-7

This is not the same TCU team from last year
Not even close , they lost way too much

New coach. New team. Playing a group of 5 opponent … in your soon-to-be new conference … away. And winning. Let Sanders and his team have fun with it.
Danny Vermin
No, they won't.
Sagitariutt Jefferspin
i thought you experts say prime in over his head

lol
Ornithopter
AG
CuervoAg said:

TCU = Icarus. Flew to close to the sun and now have fallen and drowned.

As opposed to just losing?

Nothing wrong with having a great year and then having to rebuild after.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Sagitariutt Jefferspin said:

lol

Now it's time to downplay TCU. So predictable.
94chem
Know Your Enemy said:

Anybody with a brain knew the guy could coach and motivate, and that CU had nowhere to go but up. But they just couldn't get over their hatred of the Cowboys, 49ers, and that Deion sounds, you know, kind of, well, we just can't say the unsaid part.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
greg.w.h
AG
Congrats to Deion and the Buffs. Big 12 ready…
Know Your Enemy
AG
94chem said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Anybody with a brain knew the guy could coach and motivate, and that CU had nowhere to go but up. But they just couldn't get over their hatred of the Cowboys, 49ers, and that Deion sounds, you know, kind of, well, we just can't say the unsaid part.

It's mostly the last part.
StinkyPinky
AG
Aggie said:

You'd almost think you were apart of the team that just lost
94chem
Know Your Enemy said:

lol

Because, you know, CU looked exactly like the same team that Zach Calzada rallied to beat 10-7, amirite?

Seriously, the score of this game, and the current level of TCU, are irrelevant here. The salient observation is that CU looked like an actual P5 football program, and they haven't for years.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I noticed how Colorado broke several other trends too:

1. Colorado was coming off a 1-11 finish with 10 of those losses by 23+ points each.

2. Colorado had 2 100-yard receivers all of last year, but they had 4 today.

3. Colorado snapped a 27-game losing streak in road games against top 20 teams and beat a top 20 team on the road for the first time since a 28-13 win over then No. 13 Nebraska on 11/29/02.

4. Colorado snapped TCU's 12-game regular season winning streak and handed TCU their first regular season loss since a 48-14 loss at Iowa State on 11/26/21.

5. Colorado snapped TCU's 9-game home winning streak and handed TCU their first home loss since a 29-17 loss to West Virginia on 10/23/21.

AggieOO
Know Your Enemy said:

lol

CU is improved. TCU was suspect even before this game. Forgive me if I want to see more of a body of work before crowning them the best team ever. Next week will probably prove less than this week, bc Nebraska sucks balls.
Know Your Enemy
AG
AggieOO said:

Know Your Enemy said:

lol

CU is improved. TCU was suspect even before this game. Forgive me if I want to see more of a body of work before crowning them the best team ever. Next week will probably prove less than this week, bc Nebraska sucks balls.

Who's crowning CU the best team ever? No one here gave them a chance today. So many experts said he'd fall on his face. All he did was go on the road in Game 1 and beat a ranked team that played for the championship last season. Sure they lost players but CU has about 85 new guys on the roster. It's one game but give the man some props.
AggieOO
It's called being facetious. The hype train is rolling though. That broadcast was painful at times.

And plenty of people were giving colorado a chance.
TAMUallen
AG
AggieOO said:

It's called being facetious. The hype train is rolling though. That broadcast was painful at times.

And plenty of people were giving colorado a chance.

They were a 20 point dog... I think thats enough to say nobody gave Colorado a chance
AggieOO
Gotcha. There were exactly zero people who gave colorado a chance because Vegas published a line.

I was hoping colorado would lose, but thought they had a decent chance to win.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
TCU is in their normal down cycle they go through since they moved up to P5.
They will put together a great year every 3rd or 4th year when they can align talent and experience but then they lose a bunch through graduation and they drop off for a year or two while they rebuild.
bigcat22
AG
Coach Prime
Titan83
AG
In their last two games, tcu defense has given up 1,400 yards. That's bad even by big12 standards.
tk for tu juan
Remaining Sept games

Nebraska @ home
Colorado St @ home
Oregon away
USC @ home
PabloSerna
AG
That USC game will be the game of the week if CU takes care of business. CU fans are freaking crazy!
AustinAg2K
CU had some legit players. Deion's kid looks like a pretty good QB. Hunter may end up being a #1 overall pick. They aren't going to go undefeated this year, but if he can get them to a bowl, which today was a huge step towards, their recruiting class is going to be incredible.
45-70Ag
AG
jonb02
AG
Danny Vermin said:

No, they won't.
I'm bookmarking this thread and coming back to it when they do.

Texas did not impress me today.
Jim Hogg is angry
AG
Aggie said:

Colorado had 10 total scholarship players return from last year. There are 86 new players on Colorado's roster. TCU has given up 110 points in their last 2 games. I know it hurts for you to admit, but the Big-12 is incredibly weak.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.