Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Field seating capacity decreasing with new private suites?

8,291 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Herknav
Ag8086
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We might drop below Bama, LSU, UT, and tu with 26 new private suites on the south end of Kyle Field. It will look nice though and our total number of suites is about 145 to 150 among the most of any college stadiums.
greg.w.h
AG
OH NOES!!! We make more money, keep our old records (which was actually during the rebuild) and have potentially more fan engagement???
Complete Idiot
Two words: Fourth Deck

The renderings look great. I think while it's being built they are going to install the Fan Net over the field, stretched between top of East and West Decks, that will allow you to lie face down and watch the game.
The Agly Duckling
Good question. The sips never adjusted their total seating capacity of DKR after they finished their South EZ project, even though they stated before they started the construction that it would diminish the total number of seats available, but that would be a net positive because those more premium seating and standing areas would generate more money.

It's still listed as 100,119. So, both of those things cannot be true.

I hope our Athletic Dept. Administration is more honest and forthright about our new numbers. I'm guessing we'll still be over 100K, though, unlike where sip almost assuredly is.
rootube
AG
Good. Someone's got to come up with the NIL cash and it's not coming from the cheap seats.
12thMan9
AG
rootube said:

Good. Someone's got to come up with the NIL cash and it's not coming from the cheap seats suites.
Ronnie '88
TexAg1987
The Agly Duckling said:

I hope our Athletic Dept. Administration is more honest and forthright about our new numbers.

Don't count on it. They are always finding new places for 'standing room'
monarch
S
They surely didn't handle the new suites in the south endzone conversion issue properly and honestly, so what makes you think they will handle anything honestly?
Peace for Ukraine!
12thMan9
AG
monarch said:

They surely didn't handle the new suites in the south endzone conversion issue properly and honestly, so what makes you think they will handle anything honestly?
How so?
Ronnie '88
SinKiller
12thMan9 said:

monarch said:

How so?
Maybe he had seats taken away like I did...again?
Russell Bradleys Toupee
Russell Bradleys Toupee
bberry72
AG
Rather have more seats than more, more expensive seats.

Bad decision for average fan!.
VatoLocoAggie
AG
All the big boys do this.
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
Sq 17
The Agly Duckling said:

Good question. The sips never adjusted their total seating capacity of DKR after they finished their South EZ project, even though they stated before they started the construction that it would diminish the total number of seats available, but that would be a net positive because those more premium seating and standing areas would generate more money.

I hope our Athletic Dept. Administration is more honest and forthright about our new numbers. I'm guessing we'll still be over 100K, though, unlike where sip almost assuredly is.

If they sell SRO tixpossible "capacity" did not change
WC94
AG
Why would you spend all that money to have ****ty seats?
SinKiller
WC94 said:

I was over the E right at where the suites are, it's actually a pretty good view.
Angry Beaver
AG
WC94 said:

They were the closest seats to the field after anything in the first deck. The view was excellent, which is why no one would give them up during reseating.
Divining Rod
This could be a good thing, seeing as the West stands are just a bunch of rich families on a family outing to eat, drink, watch the jumbo, and sit on their hands.

If we put them all behind glass, imagine the reverb echo coming from the 12th Man across the way as their voice hits that wall.
e=mc2
AG
WC94 said:

A bartender, waitress, and catered food. Not to mention the private restroom. They're sweet!

Capacity won't change. We can fit 108,000 no problem.
The Agly Duckling
Sq 17 said:

The Agly Duckling said:

If they sell SRO tixpossible "capacity" did not change
True, but they announced that the expansion would lower their capacity, so I'm wondering what the true deal is.
aeon-ag
bberry72 said:

Rather have more seats than more, more expensive seats.

Bad decision for average fan!.
BFD!!!
TxAgswin
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Two words: Fourth Deck

The renderings look great. I think while it's being built they are going to install the Fan Net over the field, stretched between top of East and West Decks, that will allow you to lie face down and watch the game.

Tell me somebody has photoshopped this. Curious to see what a 180,000 seat stadium looks like.

Gotta go all the way around. Asymmetrical Kyle is not a good look.
crowman2010
AG
Russell Bradleys Toupee said:

Can't imagine how much heat it would trap...
livinmw
OP, what does seat capacity matter if we get the other benefits?
twk
AG
Someday, we will replace a lot of the bleacher seats with armchair seats, and end up reducing capacity by a bit in the process. The home viewing experience is such that you have to make the live viewing experience better in order to keep people coming in person. I expect all west 3rd deck seats will eventually be armchairs, and probably a good bit of the seats in the south end zone upper decks that are sold as season tickets.
Tejas Ag 10
AG
greg.w.h said:

OH NOES!!! We make more money, keep our old records (which was actually during the rebuild) and have potentially more fan engagement???

I can assure you suites do not lead to more fan engagement
greg.w.h
AG
Tejas Ag 10 said:

greg.w.h said:

I can assure you suites do not lead to more fan engagement
I regularly visited the original L-6 and I didn't witness that.
PGAG
AG
I don't know where, but I'd swear I read/heard that seating capacity would not change.
Bunk Moreland
WC94 said:

The 2nd deck of the SEZ are awesome seats. They've been the best deal at Kyle since the addition/renovation. The Suites will be... Sweet...
monarch
S
On the nose…
Peace for Ukraine!
monarch
S
In my 38 years of owning season tickets, I have had kinda crappy seats, kinda better seats, way better seats and then the best seats we have had which are the ones this suite situation has caused us to lose. We "had" seats behind the goalposts in the second row since the south endzone opened and then lost them. Things happened right in front of us! The noise level at some times was deafening! The intro was right there! And to make matters worse all of us that became friends in this area are now scattered all over the landscape. There is a bad taste in my mouth over this as I think we got screwed.
Peace for Ukraine!
cheeky
AG
You didn't get screwed; you got priced out.
Bunk Moreland
cheeky said:

You didn't get screwed; you got priced out.

Don't know if it's screwed but it also wasn't priced out. The people who got moved out of the SEZ In place of the Suites never were given a shot at getting those Suites. Not that any of them would be able to afford it...
SinKiller
monarch said:

In my 38 years of owning season tickets, I have had kinda crappy seats, kinda better seats, way better seats and then the best seats we have had which are the ones this suite situation has caused us to lose. We "had" seats behind the goalposts in the second row since the south endzone opened and then lost them. Things happened right in front of us! The noise level at some times was deafening! The intro was right there! And to make matters worse all of us that became friends in this area are now scattered all over the landscape. There is a bad taste in my mouth over this as I think we got screwed.
Not quite 38, but not far behind. Nobody had ever sat in the seats I had in the Zone, I had them from day 1. I was moved with no possible way to keep my seats, the seats are still there, just not for me. To be clear, money was not an issue, athletic department supposedly scooped 'em up. I highly doubt that, though. Moved South, guess what, same damn thing. I didn't get screwed like the endowed guys did, just screwed.

For those that hate on the seats, they sure didn't suck in the LSU overtimes game. It was awesome to shut that stupid band up.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.