Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

LSU has air cooled helmets this year

7,977 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by aggiebrad94
usmcbrooks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
45-70Ag said:

How soft are we as a people when football players need air cooled helmets to play
I wonder if this will help cut down on concussions.
Cojack
It's just like using the fan on a CPU….need to keep their processors cool so they run faster
SQ83
AG
Three semesters in Hart J-ramp for me. No AC. We put a box fan in one window, blowing in, and a second one in the other window, blowing out. Left them on 24/7.

Best sleep I ever had.
Rough! Tough! Real stuff!
PatAg
AG
45-70Ag said:

How soft are we as a people when football players need air cooled helmets to play

Bet you posted this in an air conditioned house
BoxingAg84
All-time rant.

Space-Tech
Ask our Defensive Coordinator about heat strokes.
Mike Elkos Burner
I would've sacrificed my left testicle for an AC helmet during my high school days in East Texas.
monarch
S
Tells you about the priorities in the state of Louisiana...School system sucks, but the Tigahs get AC helmets.
Peace for Ukraine!
deadbq03
AG
evestor1 said:

Dumb question - how does only LSU have this?
It looks like it was developed there. They're calling it TigerAire.

https://tigeraire.com

Looks like they also offer them for hard hats. The term "air-conditioning" is a huge stretch, IMO. Pretty sure these are just fans. Still cool, though.
aggiebrad94
AG
usmcbrooks said:

45-70Ag said:

I wonder if this will help cut down on concussions.

Doubt it. Concussions are about movement of the brain inside the skull, not temperature.
halfastros81
AG
We'll see how this works out. There must be a downside such as more weight above the neck. How
Much more, I dunno? What if it doesn't hold up
To the beating ? Does that make for worse air flow? I think it's a good idea to test it and maybe they already have but to make a wholesale switch without extensive testing seems like it could have some unintended consequences. Can they be pulled out and refitted without the ac quickly is another question I have . They clearly called them air
Conditioners rather than air fans in the article I read which indicates refrigeration to me but maybe they are playing fast and loose with the wording.
Creech143
Or when they started padding the leather ones.
Creech143
I'm no Einstein but PV=nrT. Things expand as they heat up
aggiebrad94
AG
Creech143 said:

I'm no Einstein but PV=nrT. Things expand as they heat up
I think we both can agree with your first sentence. Now help me make the leap to how the brain expands and how that contributes to concussions.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.