Story Poster
Texas A&M Football Recruiting

Recruiting Country: The latest recruiting news surrounding the Maroon & White

May 24, 2023

TexAgs' recruiting analyst Ryan Brauninger joined TexAgs Radio on Wednesday morning for another edition of Recruiting Country, highlighting the latest news and notes from the recruiting trail surrounding Texas A&M.

Key notes from Recruiting Country

• Florida is making a big push for Dealyn Evans‍ into the summer. He has been committed to Texas A&M for a while now. A&M recruited him ahead of the national recruiting circuit. He has blown up on the recruiting tape and has had outstanding performances at camps. A&M has built up a good relationship with him and the family. Florida is trying to get him to flip. In this day and age, you can't take anything with a grain of salt. He changed his profile picture to him in a Florida uniform. We have heard nothing that he would flip. As of right now, he's locked in, but Florida is pushing really hard. He knows when he changes his picture, it will rile up the Florida fanbase. I don't get think sense from him that he will keep doing this. It will take work for A&M to hold onto him.

• Terrence Kiel Jr‍ is committed to A&M for baseball. He called me yesterday, and I talked to him about A&M’s football offer. I was watching the baseball game, and the leadoff hitter was Jace LaViolette. Terrence was watching too. Jace hits the homer, and I got to hear him respond to that. The MLB Draft will weigh heavily on his decision. The football offer was a big deal. The picture on his Twitter post announcing the offer was his dad. 

• Terrence is one of the better athletes in the state of Georgia. He is getting MLB Draft heat a year ahead of his draft year. I think he would start on the offensive side at receiver. He can play on either side. The scholarship has to go to football. Unless he plays baseball and waits two years to play football. With Conner Weigman, you handed him the reigns of an SEC football program, so it's difficult to play both. There is a way to do it. Terrence is a great football player, but he has the potential to be Georgia’s Player of the Year in baseball. Getting the kid to campus is huge for the baseball program. He's a Jace LaViolette type of prospect. Jim Schlossnagle wants to stack those kinds of players and supplement them with the transfer portal. The football offer help that. He was hearing things from Power 5 programs to back off of the A&M baseball commitment. Football went and saw him in person. It wasn't some willy-nilly offer. They evaluated him.

• Linebacker Lonnie Rice has a background with Tyreek Chappell and Naquil Bertrand. The rest of the 2023 class, I think, moves in in four days. D.J. Durkin has taken a real interest in Rice. He is another depth guy to position a need. It is up to the kid. How many snaps are available? That will play a role in his decision. It's not like A&M has left these problems unsolved. They have added bodies where they needed them. Josh DeBerry is not just a body but could contribute in a big way. Kudos to the coaching staff. 
Discussion from...

Recruiting Country: The latest recruiting news surrounding the Maroon & White

6,673 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by ccatag
Aggie1188
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Florida U is not even good, and they haven't been good in years. Weird anyone from this state is choosing there. The Florida kids don't even respect their program.
AggieJoker90
AG
"In this day and age, you can't take anything with a grain of salt."

That is the most confusing thing that I have ever read............until three lines later....

"I don't get think sense from him that he will keep doing this."
90ags
UF has been making a push for Tx kids....they have 2 already on their 2024 class and the QB Lagway is a 5 star Tx kid whom we wanted at A&M. Lagway wants to bring more Tx kids with him to UF and drive that class.

While we were early onto D. Evans, many programs are now interested in him (esp. UF). We shall see.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
Bogey1996
It would be nice if we could poach Lagway off the UF roster instead of them stealing one of ours. Really don't like going 2 classes in a row without a top 100 level QB.
Thirsty Third
AG
Nothing personal but you need an editor for these posts, RB.
Highway 6 runs both ways...
ccatag
AG
AggieJoker90 said:

"In this day and age, you can't take anything with a grain of salt."

That is the most confusing thing that I have ever read............until three lines later....

"I don't get think sense from him that he will keep doing this."

Sounds like something you'd hear Yogi Berra say.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.