Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Where has your Aggie Ring been noticed around the world?

5,796 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sq 12 Ag
Texmid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Duckhook said:

I was in Scotland on a golf trip. There's a famous bar/restaurant/hotel in St Andrews called The Dunvegan. At the time it was owned by an Aggie and his Scottish wife. My group and I were sitting in the bar drinking beer. I had my right hand wrapped around my pint glass, with my Ring on of course. A lady walked by the table and stopped and said (in her charming Scottish accent) "Oh, you're an Aggie!" I said " I sure am". She said "my husband's an Aggie too", and I knew right away who she was.

She said she would have her husband come out and visit with us, which he did. But before he came out, what comes on the bar's sound system but The Spirit of Aggieland followed by the War Hymn. A great memory, all because of my Aggie Ring.
Did your username check out at the Old Course?
Rob-96
AG
Maroon Flash said:

Presque Isle is an impressive place to have your Aggie ring noticed! Been there a few times and might as well be in Siberia!

Haha. This!

I got a buddy that has a sweet cabin there. Snowmobiling is unexplainable there!
You can have many different jobs and still be lazy - Homer Jay Simpson
Duckhook
AG
Texmid said:

Duckhook said:

I was in Scotland on a golf trip. There's a famous bar/restaurant/hotel in St Andrews called The Dunvegan. At the time it was owned by an Aggie and his Scottish wife. My group and I were sitting in the bar drinking beer. I had my right hand wrapped around my pint glass, with my Ring on of course. A lady walked by the table and stopped and said (in her charming Scottish accent) "Oh, you're an Aggie!" I said " I sure am". She said "my husband's an Aggie too", and I knew right away who she was.

She said she would have her husband come out and visit with us, which he did. But before he came out, what comes on the bar's sound system but The Spirit of Aggieland followed by the War Hymn. A great memory, all because of my Aggie Ring.
Did your username check out at the Old Course?

LOL. That's a username I picked at the dawn of the World Wide Web that I use on a lot of accounts. Was an issue then, not now.
Fleen
Bayeux, France, outside a little bar/cafe where we were to meet the tour van for a Normandy Beach tour in 2001. As we are walking up I see a group of about 10 young dudes in the distance, short haircuts, arguing about who is going on which tour. I remarked "Looks like a bunch of Corps kids arguing about who was riding in the truck bed to Northgate." It was in fact, a group of Corp Freshman.

The owner later recognized my Aggie Ring and was very excited, we then introduced him to the group outside. He hurried upstairs to grab his father who was living there during the Liberation and proceeded to translate many stories about their beloved Liberators...

Very cool.
mike073
AG
Standing in line to check in for the Battleship Texas tour last week. Guy was selling pieces of armor from the ship. Aggie ring. Talked about how sitting on the West side you look over and don't see anyone born before the turn of the century. Proudly stated he qualified for that honor! Graduating this coming weekend.
Gig 'em Aggies!

rootube
AG
I'm a bar in Acunia called Ma Crosby's.
bwmammoth
AG
Bar on Saba Rock BVIs in 2017, also met Troy Aikman there same day.
Kozmozag
Akershus Fortress
HowdyGetRowdy409
EliteZags said:

• strip club in Montreal
  • massage parlor in Bangkok
  • brothel in Guadalajara
  • Vandersexx Amsterdam
  • group love cabin HolyShip
  • group love cabin Groove Cruise
  • group love tent Burning Man

melt the gold right off.
terata
AG
Germany, the Netherlands, Honduras, Saipan, Guam, et.al.
DGrimesAg92
Quantum Entanglement said:

Jackson Hole, Wyoming at a professor conference

I bet that got rowdy.....
DGrimesAg92
rootube said:

I'm a bar in Acunia called Ma Crosby's.

Ugh...If you're gonna quote Darrell Statler, get it right.

"In a bar in Acuña called Ma Crosby's"

Urban Country Boy
AG
Doha, Qatar.
Urban Country Boy
AG
Just to expand and follow up on Doha, which I came across an Aggie....Gig'em. I walked into a shipping container turned into an oil field steakhouse in Sakhalin Island Russia, Aggie flag on the wall. A couple dictator run countries in Africa. Aggies there also. We are everywhere and we are one.
TopoTacos
AG
Ran into a elderly Aggie couple in Normandy, France. Threw up the gig 'em with a "bonjour" and a "howdy!".
C2 Ag 93
Jerusalem
London
Moscow
KCup17
AG
At The Masters by a Citadel Grad.
cavjock88
AG
North Sentinel Island.
Ag Tag
cavjock88 said:

North Sentinel Island.
LOL!
lotoarmy
AG
Not my Aggie ring, but my Aggie cap, on Iwo Jima, in March. This was on a World War II Museum trip called Victory In The Pacific. We went there on the one day of the year that Americans are allowed to go.

When I was about to go up the ramp, at the end of the day, for the charter flight, I saw this Marine jogging across the tarmac, toward the plane. He looked like he was hurrying to get on the plane. He came directly to me and, with Mt. Suribachi in the background, whipped out and said "Howdy I'm ….., Class of '..!" (Sorry. I was shocked and now can't remember the details.)

Turns out I was the Marine General in charge of the Marines there to help us that day and 7,000 more in the Pacific.

Unfortunately, we had less than a minute to visit because our plane was already running late.
Last of the Old Army
Sq 12 Ag
AG
Basel, Switzerland
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.