Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Here we go...

14,086 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Rex Racer
jriv09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://247sports.com/Article/NCAAs-reported-memo-sent-to-member-schools-puts-Texas-AMs-new-NIL-initiative-in-question-205549588/
HeyAbbott
AG
The NCAA is a joke.
lotoarmy
AG
They do, however, march to the tune of the sips.

Sips are behind this. Trust me, been there and seen it. They have to derail us, just as they are coming in to the SEC! And, yes, they have that kind of power.
Last of the Old Army
TMF
AG
**** 'em. We can keep printing money.
TyperWoods
lotoarmy said:

Sips are behind this. Trust me, been there and seen it. They have to derail us, just as they are coming in to the SEC! And, yes, they have that kind of power.

Yep. Did the NCAA say anything about 50k guaranteed to each sip lineman?
levypantsEOY
Okay so story time-
My sip coworker was at some high dollar NIL fundraiser at Houston Country Club last week. Sark after dark, lots of staff, and their AD Del Conte gave a chat to a bunch of big boosters. There was a Q&A and mingling etc.
Buddy told me the following:
1. The tu NIL "Texas One Fund" has a goal of $15M a year. Apparently they spent months with a team of lawyers coming up with the exact model for it to work best based on NCAA rulings to date- they acknowledge that they were a year late on it and missed the boat last season, though they believe they have it sorted now and the machine is ready to go.
2. To that end, sips have not lost a single player to the transfer portal since NIL. They have seen horror stories (QB who went to Florida expecting a $13M check and got nothing) and want to "do it right." Which brings up…
3. Their dreaded rival the Ags. Per my buddy, the sip AD lambasted the way that the NIL has been handled in College Station. Apparently there are strict rules against co-mingling NIL funds and actual university sponsored programs (12th Man Foundation) and it was a matter of time before the hammer dropped.
4. AD also blasted our treatment of players- apparently last year's record breaking class was a case study in how not to do it- and we are now seeing the repercussions with 13+ players leaving.

Anyway, I was hoping this was all the usual Austin bluster but it appears the NCAA is coming down on the program's NIL deal after all. Maybe the powers that be thought it was better to ask for forgiveness over permission- surely there are a ton of programs in the same boat- but I sure hope it gets sorted out asap.
W
AG
this is why many folks cringed when they read that the TMF was getting directly involved with NIL
amercer
AG
Probably some truth and some BS. We lost guys because we sucked last year and some were in the doghouse. They probably did keep some by throwing money at them, but they didn't have many big time guys to start with.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

2. To that end, sips have not lost a single player to the transfer portal since NIL

Hudson Card didn't leave?
levypantsEOY
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

2. To that end, sips have not lost a single player to the transfer portal since NIL

Hudson Card didn't leave?

I think he meant from last years class.
Charles Hickson Knows
lotoarmy said:

espn will see to that..

But the question still remains...why does tu get a disproportionate percentage of the Permanant University Funds? It ain't right Ags...
Our thoughts on the current controlled EXTRATERRESTRIAL reality disclosure process and related US GOV cover-up? Once the uneasy, contagious giggling subsides, how will our civilization and the mislead sheep adapt to this publicly known reality? Are the good Shepherds withholding the truth in our best interest? Perhaps multiple species are involved?
redleg82
AG
If it's not against Texas State Law, the NCAA can go pound sand. They have no authority over NIL.

Texas gets 2/3 of the PUF, I believe. Also, the PUF has nothing to do with Athletics.

But, Baylor is doing NIL "right" according to their AD. I had to laugh.
Panama Red
AG
I'd be willing to bet every major program is telling its donors:

Quote:

they spent months with a team of lawyers coming up with the exact model for it to work best based on NCAA rulings to date- they acknowledge that they were a year late on it and missed the boat last season, though they believe they have it sorted now and the machine is ready to go.

Panama Red
AG
Quote:

They have no authority over NIL.
Oh yeah?

Tell that to the University of Miami!

(women's basketball program)
Serving Crow
AG
Isn't the Ohio State doing something similar…thought they announced something like that back in December
Decay
AG
The NCAA memo didn't mention us at all. Hack writers are hoping make the connection while ignoring other schools doing it identically. **** 'em.
Showstopper
AG
levypantsEOY said:

Okay so story time-
My sip coworker was at some high dollar NIL fundraiser at Houston Country Club last week...
Pretty detailed summary for a "coworker." You can just say it was you; I mean, we pretty much know already.
True Texan
AG
My thoughts, also. Sip troll
AggieDub04
AG
Texas gets 2/3 of the PUF because before there was oil discovered in the land granted A&M gave up its rights to it. When there was oil discovered the agreement was 1/3 to A&M to keep from going to court (per my poli sci prof).

As for NIL we have enough money to hire a lawyer to take it up the chain to the Supreme Court and the NCAA has no desire to take this fight that far. There are no sips there.
rootube
AG
I remember when the NCAA struck fear into a program with a statement like this. Now I'm thinking good luck with that NCAA you are in over your head.
levypantsEOY
I think the deal is too far gone and too many programs have co-mingled their university non-profits with their NIL funds for the NCAA to do anything about it.
Are they going to come down on every program guilty of some nuance violation? They've been making up the rules as they go along. I agree there has to be some limit to it all- props to Jimbo and team for striking while the iron was hot last year- but cats already out of the bag to punish anyone retroactively.
AG
I think it's hilarious how many people here pounded the table telling us that tu will be in a conference of equals when they get to the SEC and they they would have no more sway over the conference than any other school.

Well guess what? They ain't even here yet.

Just wait.

If we knew what was good for us, we'd get out ahead of this unavoidable catastrophe and move to the Big 10. I'm sure they'd love to have a Texas footprint.

But get it in writing this time.
The Porkchop Express
At least our guys aren't bringing guns to murderers or driving away from the scene after their friends die while street racing.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Leander - Ag
AG
We rich
Al Bula
AG
The ncaa knows the espn and fox electric overlords are about to remove college football from their oversight and create multiple semi-pro leagues. This is just the ncaa getting in some last minute sour grape pot shots.
Loyalty
AG
lotoarmy said:

Same ole sh$&, different day.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Slim chance they're comingling funds. AD budgets are longterm and mostly dedicated. I also trust they're working with serious lawyers and it isn't just a few good Ol' boys sitting around figuring out what they want to do next.

This "news" is all straight out of the standard sip playbook and everyone knew it was coming when they joined the conference. This is why every other school in the SWC hated them, and why every school in the Big XII except OU or Baylor wanted out. And even Baylor felt the burn as soon as they got competitive with sip.
Loyalty
AG
levypantsEOY said:

I think the deal is too far gone and too many programs have co-mingled their university non-profits with their NIL funds for the NCAA to do anything about it.
Are they going to come down on every program guilty of some nuance violation? They've been making up the rules as they go along. I agree there has to be some limit to it all- props to Jimbo and team for striking while the iron was hot last year- but cats already out of the bag to punish anyone retroactively.

So you think they might come after you guys for offering $50k to each OL that signs? Will they look into your QB who was driving a burnt orange super car (what brand was it?) before he ever stepped foot on your campus?

Nah.
80sGeorge
AG

TXAGBQ76
AG
The 12th Man Foundation is a standalone organization that is not part of the University, they get no money from the University, they are 501 (C) (3). The 12th Man+ has supposedly been vetted with the SEC and NCAA and other legal traps before announcing.
Win At Life
AG
NCAA Division I Committe on Infractions:

NCAA Infractions Committee

Vice President of Hearing Operations: Derrick Crawford; Alabama
University of Texas: Jody Conradt
University of Oklahoma: Jason Leaonard
Azeew
The NCAA abdicated when they chose to do nothing to guardrail NIL.They abdicated because they lost court decisions which eroded their authority. Now, 12MF and every similarly constructed organization, will threaten legal action. NCAA won't risk that.
Win At Life
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

The 12th Man Foundation is a standalone organization that is not part of the University, they get no money from the University, they are 501 (C) (3). The 12th Man+ has supposedly been vetted with the SEC and NCAA and other legal traps before announcing.

That is all correct, but it appears they are flagging it as part of an "entity acting on behalf" of the university, which is in the NIL rules. More NCAA grey area to dick over the one's they want to and ignore their favorites. More of the same NCAA BS.
TXAGBQ76
AG
I hear ya! I read an article right after this announcement saying there were maybe five schools that were set up this way and "legal"- meaning a separate organization managing scholarships. I recall they were us, Arkansas, Clemson- can't rennet the other two,
Bill Superman
AG
Y'all wanted sip.

Y'all got sip.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.