Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Field Tribute to Coach Leach

8,412 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Quantum Entanglement
atmtws
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good bull.

. . .
Dr.Rumack
Bregxit
BANA89
AG
Smart move, get it out there so people don't come up with so many absurd homages for someone who never coached here. Now I am a big fan of him as a coach, a pirate out the stands of Kyle field, helmet stickers and etc. on our behalf is over the top.
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
hunter2012
AG
Raiderjay
Good Bull Ags, much appreciated....
[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
bert harbinson
AG
Simple, earnest, appropriate.
tandy miller
AG
The pirate flag
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Is it as interesting as the comments section on the Texas Tech football tweet?

tandy miller
AG
Why does tech owe him $$?
Eike Mlko
BANA89 said:

Smart move, get it out there so people don't come up with so many absurd homages for someone who never coached here. Now I am a big fan of him as a coach, a pirate out the stands of Kyle field, helmet stickers and etc. on our behalf is over the top.

Actually he did coach here genius. On the east side of the field. Grow up dude
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Cliff notes - there was some debate in the administration about the cost of his contract. Then they fired him for cause over the Craig James' son discipline incident. He sued the school but the state ruled that he couldn't sue a state institution over monetary damages.

Honestly, Tech is in a no win situation. They're going to catch flack if they do or don't recognize Leach.
Krazykat
shiftyandquick
Tech should not celebrate him, given that they screwed his family over and didn't pay him.
eATMup-Reveille
That is so incredibly cool os A&M's part!
BANA89
AG
Texagtrojan said:

BANA89 said:

Actually he did coach here genius. On the east side of the field. Grow up dude

Wow. You are so smart.
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
atmtws
AG
I bet you're a blast at parties.
usmcbrooks
atmtws said:

I bet you're a blast at parties.

Certainly seems like it.
usmcbrooks
BenTheGoodAg said:

Maybe they aren't all tards at Tech.
rootube
AG
BenTheGoodAg said:

Cliff notes - there was some debate in the administration about the cost of his contract. Then they fired him for cause over the Craig James' son discipline incident. He sued the school but the state ruled that he couldn't sue a state institution over monetary damages.

Honestly, Tech is in a no win situation. They're going to catch flack if they do or don't recognize Leach.

Well they were in a no win situation when they fired him and stopped winning so this should be familiar territory.
Aggie Apotheosis
shiftyandquick said:

Tech should not celebrate him, given that they screwed his family over and didn't pay him.

I totally agree. He was the best coach they ever had and they screwed him over!

maroonthrunthru
Mike Leach won more games at Kyle Field than Hank Foldberg…
20ag07
Quote:

It's crazy now to think how big of a deal this was.

The story was that they used the Adam James thing to avoid an $800K bonus. And his total 5 year contract was $12M over 5 years.

Leach went on to make $20+M at his next stops.

And Tech paid $4M to fire Kingsbury and $7M to fire Wells.

But that $800K to Leach was the straw that broke the camel's back. What a different time.
itsyourboypookie
BenTheGoodAg said:

I'm not crying, you're crying
Bag
AG
atmtws said:

Good bull.

A nice gesture that would have been even better without the the self aggrandizing comments about Kyle Field, that part literally adds nothing and distracts from the message almost entirely.

We are better than that
A is A
AG
Bag said:

atmtws said:

Good bull.

A nice gesture that would have been even better without the the self aggrandizing comments about Kyle Field, that part literally adds nothing and distracts from the message almost entirely.

We are better than that
Yeah, a little "he look at us... oh, and best wishes to the family"
ABATTBQ11
AG
Bag said:

atmtws said:

Good bull.

We are better than that

Don't you know how Twitter works?
Aggie
AG
Aggie
AG
A is A said:

Bag said:

atmtws said:

Good bull.

We are better than that

This

But it's the social media world we live in.. A&M saw an opportunity for a little attention and took it. Put the image up fine, leave it at that. Don't need to advertise it.

It's like the people that do a good deed and feel the need to blast it all over social media

It still happens weather it's posted on your social media or not.

TXTransplant
A is A said:

Bag said:

atmtws said:

Good bull.

We are better than that

State grad/fan here. The quote about Kyle Field made it a true tribute, IMO. Anyone can offer impersonal condolences. When you share a personal story about an impact someone personally left on you, that's when you truly honor them.

All these stories and quotes about Coach Leach are amazing and show what an incredible mark he left on so many different people and institutions. He was one of a kind and a true class act that will never be forgotten thanks to anecdotes like this.

Maybe TAMU was doing a little self-promotion with that post, but I think it was a great way to share another small part of his legacy.
nu awlins ag
AG
TXTransplant said:

A is A said:

Bag said:

atmtws said:

Good bull.

We are better than that

State grad/fan here. The quote about Kyle Field made it a true tribute, IMO. Anyone can offer impersonal condolences. When you share a personal story about an impact someone personally left on you, that's when you truly honor them.

All these stories and quotes about Coach Leach are amazing and show what an incredible mark he left on so many different people and institutions. He was one of a kind and a true class act that will never be forgotten thanks to anecdotes like this.

Maybe TAMU was doing a little self-promotion with that post, but I think it was a great way to share another small part of his legacy.

Bingo. If he said it, he felt it. Nothing wrong with that. As you said, it marked the man he was.
alamogeorge
AG
Bag said:

atmtws said:

Good bull.

We are better than that
I disagree. It said "We feel the same way about you, Coach, as you did about us."

People today think it's cool to try to find fault in every good gesture.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
Bag
AG
alamogeorge said:

Bag said:

atmtws said:

Good bull.

We are better than that
I disagree. It said "We feel the same way about you, Coach, as you did about us."

People today think it's cool to try to find fault in every good gesture.
except that it didn't actually say that lol, if that is what you meant then you might want to include that in the message because its not easily inferred, words matter.

and I wasn't trying to be cool, just thought it was a little sanctimonious
Raider15
Class act, Ags!

Mike did say that about Kyle so I think that's absolutely appropriate (and true, but I'll deny that). He liked (and stoked) our non-rivalry

The financial situation is more both more and less complicated than I see here. Less in the sense that it was just the male egos thing. Raise your hand if yours hasn't bitten you a time or two.

In my "Olld Geezer" age group there is strong support for taking the withheld bonus and adding enough to endow a scholarship in his name if Sharon agrees. It would be as close to an admission of guilt as is possible at this stage. "I screwed up" is something only us little people can say these days.

But, thanks for this- I miss you guys, I really do- it was a fun part of my life- all of my life

Gig-em!
Wreck-em!

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.