Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Chris Marshal Gone

19,286 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AgDotCom
HoustonAg2106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there any source confirming this by the way?
TokinAg
AG
It's official per 247 transfer portal.
AgEng06
AG
Once we get Riley and then JoJo Earle, all your WR woes will be forgotten.
Next Year is the Year
AG
Great athlete who had a lot of potential but it sounds like he needed to go. We should be ok with Stewart, Moose, and Brown. At the same time, it sucks striking out on two 5* receivers between him and Demas but that's no fault of anyone but themselves
rgag12
AG
Next Year is the Year said:

Great athlete who had a lot of potential but it sounds like he needed to go. We should be ok with Stewart, Moose, and Brown. At the same time, it sucks striking out on two 5* receivers between him and Demas but that's no fault of anyone but themselves

1 in 3 is pretty much the hit rate on all high level recruits. Look at Bama and all the five star and 4 star receivers they signed and busted with since Waddle, Jeudy, and Smith.

Just because you are a high star kid doesn't mean you're automatically going to pan out, that's why your whole class needs to be studs if you want an extremely elite team.
98WFSCAG
AG
I'm still interested in the Anthony Lucas answer.
TokinAg
AG
Lots of people seem to forget that only 1 in 3 five star recruits ends up making it to the NFL. We're seeing first hand what happens to the other 2/3rds.
Divining Rod
truly one of those "better-team-without-them" situations, as talented as they were.

But I AM concerned about what kind of head coach we have and whether his program is capable of progress.

LOTS of questions to be answered by Mr. Fisher.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Technically, your are incorrect. It's actually on the INSP network all day long. It has been in syndication for decades.
rsf0626
This is our first big loss right? This guy was super talented. Would have loved to see what he could have done here
Bogey1996
I would be looking at Adam Hopkins since he opened up his recruitment and/or a guy in the portal.
S.A. Aggie
AG
You get a noxious plant in the garden you have to tear it out or else it spreads throughout takes control over the whole garden.
PeekingDuck
AG
I heard Lucas is putting in the effort.
vander54
S
98WFSCAG said:

It would be a surprise if he left
World's worst proofreader
proc
AG
Can we just recruit John Paul Richardson back to the good guys?
AG
Haricougar said:

4 said:

Marshal Dillon?

You age yourself. That show hasn't been on in 50 years

I was wondering if anyone would catch that reference.

KCup17
AG
proc said:

Can we just recruit John Paul Richardson back to the good guys?

With all the turnover at Okie Lite who is to say we can't pull him away?
Rule#2
AG
AgEng06 said:

I'm serious about JoJo Earle
Galborathelion
rondis23 said:

Bill Superman said:

12Power said:

We need more than 2 WR Bill. You think Price and Preston will suffice as the depth??
We haven't had 2 elite WR's at the same time in…ever.

We have plenty to back them up. I'd imagine we add more as well. Stay tuned.

That Ryan Swope guy was pretty damn good. He didn't drop a lot of balls and made a ton of huge catches. Easy to overlook him with Mike Evans on the same field, but Swope was special.

Swope was in a lot of ways better than Mike in 2012, and he absolutely would have had a successful career in the NFL if his career wasn't cut short. Definitely would class him as an elite receiver for college football and was a big reason Johnny had the season he did. Looking back it's incredible the amount of offensive talent Sumlin inherited on year 1.
lagoag
southwestag said:

If he's from the streets I'm from river oaks lol - spoiled more than anything

The culture of youth athletics hurt him - the staff was warned but went on and recruited him anyway
Please explain this last part. I don't remember anything like this ever mentioned during his recruitment.
98WFSCAG
AG
vander54 said:

98WFSCAG said:

It would be a surprise if he left

Good. At least one learned his lesson. I like Lucas alot. Really liked Marshall's playmaking ability and sad he sees it the way he does. He will learn, we all do, but too late for the Ags.
AG
Not everyone learns, sadly.
joefix93
AG
5-star talent does not necessarily translate to 5-star character. Unfortunately, kids with this kind of talent can get a LOT of "free passes" in the interest of production on the field as they're moving up through the middle/high school ranks. Some figure it out before they self-destruct their opportunity...some don't...and the ones that don't either figure it out too late or blame others for their (self-created) problems.

Hope the kid uses his next opportunity to apply his talents and get his head on straight.
Bill Superman
AG
vander54 said:

He's expected back
is he expected back or is there just a slim chance he could come back?

I've heard he was removed from the team, but also that he could come back…
vander54
S
Bill Superman said:

vander54 said:

He's expected back

I heard he is expected back. He's done everything that was asked of him.
World's worst proofreader
aggies1960
What if A&M had a weed major. These guys love 2 things, ball & weed. When they are not playing ball they can smoke weed and get credit. Win-win
Bill Superman
AG
vander54 said:

Bill Superman said:

vander54 said:

He's expected back

I heard he is expected back. He's done everything that was asked of him.
After this announcement it would almost be like getting another 5* WR commit. Let's make it happen.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Just to clear up WHO Vander said is expected back and the back and forth with Superman regarding that - this was referring to Anthony Lucas - right?

With regard to WR depth - I believe that, even without Marshall (who I really hate to lose as he had HUGE upside and will be an outstanding CFB WR and likely NFL high draft pick - if he can mature and straighten out) - Ags should still be in good shape with Moose, Evan, Noah, and Yulkeith as interchangeable pieces to go with TE Jake Johnson and TE Donovan Green.

Conner will have a bunch of reliable targets next year.
Not_Sure
AG
So Lucas and Yulkeith not leaving, and Ainias is coming back??!!
StinkyPinky
AG
Rule#2 said:

AgEng06 said:

I'm serious about JoJo Earle
Has high upside, but has shown to be injury prone on top of a slight frame (170 lbs?) Worth taking a look at though, I agree.
The Zookeeper
AG
Not_Sure said:

So Lucas and Yulkeith not leaving, and Ainias is coming back??!!
UN checks out
12thMan9
AG
Who said Brown was back?
Ronnie '88
HighwaySix
AG
redjalapeno-87
First, I would like to thank the University of Texas A&M and coach Jimbo for his opportunity. I also would like to thank all of the 12th man fans who have supported him throughout his recruitment process and Freshman year.

However, after countless hours of discussion this year on TexAgs, I feel like the best thing to do is to respect his suspension and porthole entry, and wish Chris well as he takes his talents to someplace else that will have him.

Gyles Marrett
A lot of the entitlement is caused by some of the high school programs. I know of one from several years ago that was allowed to get away with anything and everything in his program. Cussed out coaches. Threw his helmet at teammates and coaches in practice, skipped practices, etc. He went to a big time program and by year two after two previous suspensions was off the team, out of the program, and in jail. A lot of that behavior and path could have been altered possibly with a high school coach that held him accountable instead of giving in bc he had talent.

Not saying that was the case with Marshall but these top athletes develop their entitlement from many causes.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.