Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

How y'all feeling about the "Mass Exodus" now?

16,092 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Artorias
Pepe SiIvia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PalefaceRanchAg said:

Blinnaggie2002 said:

This is one of those threads that didn't age properly lol. The OP is a fool for posting it so early knowing there was a lot of time left for more transfers. Oh well typical of our fans, always trying to be "positive." No accountability because hey we shouldn't criticize the coaches or players because it will hurt their feelings bc they read
these message boards lol.

what does negativity, *****ing and moaning get people? I'll never understand. Be you tho. and btw, the post has aged just fine. but there you go, your kind are looking backwards while the rest of us are moving forward.
Yeah this program has definitely been moving forward since 1939 LMAO
HoustonAg2106
AG
PyriteAg said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Dr RC said:

Lol at those who think losing all these guys isn't a big problem going forward.

As of now we need to replace 41 scholarship players for next year. That's nearly half the roster. All those depth losses are going to be huge if we have lots of injury issues next year.

LSU had to play the portal game last year and they won the West. I don't like it either, but if Jimbo actually takes advantage of the portal it might work out for us.

That's a big "if", considering how his portal game has always been bad.

I agree but that's where we're at now unfortunately
cevans_40
AG
PyriteAg said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Dr RC said:

As of now we need to replace 41 scholarship players for next year. That's nearly half the roster. All those depth losses are going to be huge if we have lots of injury issues next year.

LSU had to play the portal game last year and they won the West. I don't like it either, but if Jimbo actually takes advantage of the portal it might work out for us.

Right. All those years of the portal
PyriteAg
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

PyriteAg said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Dr RC said:

I agree but that's where we're at now unfortunately

Yeah. Hopefully he adapts considering what is going on right now.
ahpetty33
AG
To answer the question Olin and David posed on the radio today, without the 5 freshmen who have entered the portal, our 2022 class would have been about 8th. Great for A&M's standard compared to the history of the program, but a far cry from the elite haul that got everyone so hyped. And to answer the next question they posed, no, getting Tony Mitchell and Anthony hill does not negate these transfers. Those guys would anchor the 2023 class, which will need to stand on its own.
Bill Superman
AG
ahpetty33 said:

To answer the question Olin and David posed on the radio today, without the 5 freshmen who have entered the portal, our 2022 class would have been about 8th. Great for A&M's standard compared to the history of the program, but a far cry from the elite haul that got everyone so hyped. And to answer the next question they posed, no, getting Tony Mitchell and Anthony hill does not negate these transfers. Those guys would anchor the 2023 class, which will need to stand on its own.
Does this take into consideration what the other 7 programs in front of us have lost from their classes as well?
HoustonAg2106
AG
Bill Superman said:

ahpetty33 said:

Does this take into consideration what the other 7 programs in front of us have lost from their classes as well?

Probably not, but the point remains the same…our 2022 class from an overall points perspective was historically elite class…now not so much
TAM85
So what is your point. We are returning 5/6 or 7/8 (depending which service's eval you want to follow) of the five stars that signed last year.

This year's class includes the best OG, APB and SDE in the country. It might also include the best ILB. If your point is it hurts depth, okay I get that. But the starters are more important.
Meximan
CasualObserver44 said:

newbie11 said:

45-70Ag said:

From that list, only white is a loss with his tackle totals. Chase isn't imo because he's unable to get separation against good dbs and his hands can be suspect regardless of his numbers. The rest areyoungunproven players who were highly recruited as all our players are.
King and Stowers were going to be backups, and so can find opportunities elsewhere.

I'm sad about losing Yulkeith and Chris Marshall, but Marshall was unavoidable. Lane was a fine player, but he's a 5th year senior that can find an opportunity somewhere else where he's higher on the depth chart.

Smith is 3rd string TE.

I'm sad about Adeleye, but we have plenty of depth at DL.

Agree that White Jr is a loss, but if we get a quality starter from the portal we're fine. This is another 5th year senior like Lane that has a degree and can find an opportunity somewhere else.

Denver Harris was unavoidable. I'd have like to have kept Myles Jones, but it seems we have plenty of options there with our young guys.

White and Lane hurt the most, Lane because he was a locker room leader and that matters. He always carried himself exceedingly well. Someone will have to step up, but it sounds like there's quite a few leaders still on the team; Weigman may well fill that role.

Not having the extra QB will also hurt and makes getting another QB a priority; Bost could do it but you def do not want a walk on QB to be in that role. Other than that, a lot of raw talent left but not a lot of production.
Aggieair
CasualObserver44 said:

newbie11 said:

45-70Ag said:

From that list, only white is a loss with his tackle totals. Chase isn't imo because he's unable to get separation against good dbs and his hands can be suspect regardless of his numbers. The rest areyoungunproven players who were highly recruited as all our players are.
King and Stowers were going to be backups, and so can find opportunities elsewhere.

I'm sad about losing Yulkeith and Chris Marshall, but Marshall was unavoidable. Lane was a fine player, but he's a 5th year senior that can find an opportunity somewhere else where he's higher on the depth chart.

Smith is 3rd string TE.

I'm sad about Adeleye, but we have plenty of depth at DL.

Agree that White Jr is a loss, but if we get a quality starter from the portal we're fine. This is another 5th year senior like Lane that has a degree and can find an opportunity somewhere else.

Denver Harris was unavoidable. I'd have like to have kept Myles Jones, but it seems we have plenty of options there with our young guys.

I am still waiting for someone to explain how he has any eligibility left. Good for him for still having some, but he was in the 2017 recruiting class...
AWP 97
AG
Covid year, medical RS year, and normal RS year because of injury.
83Aggie
AG
ahpetty33 said:

It was elite when he closed on the class. That's it. He, like Mack Brown can recruit. Evaluation and development are the keys now. There is a core group who stayed and now it's up to Jimbo and the new OC to take advantage of the remaining talent.
60Cal
AG
It is bad to lose any elite player, for any reason...ever. Unfortunately, we are losing several elite players for several reasons. If not one, how many things needs to change?
(not chashing checks on our recent "commitments')
Captain Awesome
The problem isn't just losing current contributors. It's the future too.
Marshall, Killebrew, White, Bouie, Harris, Adeleye, Lee, Myles Jones...
All of these guys would have been impact players in the next year or 2 in my opinion. Some already are.
I know some had problems off the field. But to pretend that it doesn't matter because they weren't starters contributing to the box score directly is just ignorant.
TexasAggie_97
AG
Captain Awesome said:

The problem isn't just losing current contributors. It's the future too.
Marshall, Killebrew, White, Bouie, Harris, Adeleye, Lee, Myles Jones...
All of these guys would have been impact players in the next year or 2 in my opinion. Some already are.
I know some had problems off the field. But to pretend that it doesn't matter because they weren't starters contributing to the box score directly is just ignorant.

Honestly, I find myself caring less and less these days. If the powers that be are ok with letting this happen and by all accounts, they appear to be then I am not going to lose any sleep over it.
Gyles Marrett
Actually think this will end up being a good thing moving forward. There's a 0% chance all of these guys find the greener pastures they think they will. Not all of them realize if you weren't good enough to start here the chances of finding another SEC or power 5 program they can walk in and start right away is very slim. Many are going to have to take a major step down they haven't realized yet...Or they'll believe a lie and end up as a depth guy like they were here at another program....and there will be some of these guys who enter the portal that return.

Needs to be reminded although Leon O'neal never actually entered the portal, he announced he was then decided to return, he turned into one of my favorites the last several years. A lot of mature wise words in his interviews his last few years. A lot of these guys lack the maturity factor.
Franklin Comes Alive!
This thread has played out really well

Too many Jimbo miracles to count!
ME85
AG
Pepe SiIvia said:

PalefaceRanchAg said:

Blinnaggie2002 said:

This is one of those threads that didn't age properly lol. The OP is a fool for posting it so early knowing there was a lot of time left for more transfers. Oh well typical of our fans, always trying to be "positive." No accountability because hey we shouldn't criticize the coaches or players because it will hurt their feelings bc they read

what does negativity, *****ing and moaning get people? I'll never understand. Be you tho. and btw, the post has aged just fine. but there you go, your kind are looking backwards while the rest of us are moving forward.

Ahh did you quote the wrong post or are you simply challenged at comprehension? who said the program has definitely moved forward? you must be great in politics as well as dwelling in the past.
Artorias
AG
PalefaceRanchAg said:

Pepe SiIvia said:

PalefaceRanchAg said:

Blinnaggie2002 said:

Ahh did you quote the wrong post or are you simply challenged at comprehension? who said the program has definitely moved forward? you must be great in politics as well as dwelling in the past.
The past.... like this year? 5-7?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.