Story Poster
Texas A&M Football Recruiting

Recruiting Country: The latest recruiting news surrounding the Maroon & White

November 16, 2022

TexAgs' recruiting analyst Ryan Brauninger joined TexAgs Radio this morning for another edition of Recruiting Country, highlighting the latest news and notes from the recruiting trail as A&M's season winds down.

Key notes from Recruiting Country

• It is about what you expect. There's nothing that changed in the last week that will sound different than last week's Recruiting Country. You had kids take visits elsewhere. I'll have notes on Johnny Bowens‍. I've been on the boards about Bravion Rogers‍. He visited Texas. The Texas defensive back's coach watched him play, but his family was in the stands wearing A&M stuff. He tweeted that he is locked in. It's good to see that, and I can see him being here this weekend or next.

• David Hicks‍ has been in contact with A&M. An Oregon writer said that it is Oregon or Oklahoma, and A&M was a placeholder. I don't believe that. Anthony Hill‍ not committing to Texas this week was good for A&M's chances. Getting Hill and Hicks on campus is hugely important. I don't think the Oregon visit did much for Daymion Sanford‍.

• We still have not seen many offers go out. Marquis Roby Jr‍ will be visiting this weekend. It's hard to imagine that you are going to fill up a bunch of spots with high school names. You're going to leave five to six spots for the portal.

• There are other recruiting guys at schools name-dropping guys that their programs want when those players don't want to go in the portal. I have relationships with greater Houston area players that say they are unhappy where they are at. I will never drop those names. Jason Howell and I have heard of names that will be in the portal that has interest at A&M. Until they are in the portal, I won't speak about them.

• It's clear that the strategy is not to make new offers and go down their board. You haven't seen the sixth, seventh and eighth wide receiver and running back offers. I'm going to put out notes later today. Texas A&M is still in it with some names that are surprising. It's going to take all their ducks in a row on the field.

• There is a ton of stuff being thrown at A&M right now, on and off the field. Can they circle the wagons and close this class, and then how do they attack the portal? The outlook on this class is completely different. Our job this year has been easier and much harder than in the past.
Discussion from...

Recruiting Country: The latest recruiting news surrounding the Maroon & White

5,739 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Wrecking Crew 21
Corn Pop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Matsui
newbie11
Fire Durkin
Get a real OC
Make jimbo take a back seat
Then maybe we can salvage recruiting

Honestly how can the D get worse if we fire durkin today? We're not going to a bowl. We can't stop anyone anyway. Durkin won't make a difference in how we finish out the season.
AerialsUAS
AG
…..nothing about DJ Lagway?
dannyv
AG
sTx_21 said:

He spoke specifically about Lagway.
AerialsUAS
AG
Cool thanks- I'll have to check out todays episode
Aggie1188
dannyv said:

sTx_21 said:

Committing somewhere before we hire an OC. That's not good.
Aggie1188
Quote:

You're going to leave five to six spots for the portal.
More like 10+ at this rate.

Quote:

It's going to take all their ducks in a row on the field.
So we need to beat the absolute worst team in college football this week and then what, I wonder..

Quote:

Jason Howell and I have heard of names that will be in the portal that has interest at A&M.
I bet they'd like to know who their coordinator at A&M would be first since allowed only one free transfer.

Quote:

The outlook on this class is completely different.
We've predictably gone from an imagined Top 5 class to Top 20 at best. Maybe our average can stay in the Top 10-15 since is so high right now still even after losing our biggest need at LB, again.
dannyv
AG
Aggie1188 said:

dannyv said:

sTx_21 said:

Committing somewhere before we hire an OC. That's not good.

I just wish I was as confident as some that we will hire an OC…
Wrecking Crew 21
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.