Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jimbo: You still have time for relevancy faster than Harbaugh

2,443 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by spherical
GinMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just remember Harbaugh's record was 2-4 in year 6 and they could win it all this year!

Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
I'm curious how many are with you here.

I really think he'd have won this week against Florida had he had a normal number of starters playing. I think we will beat Auburn and UMass, and with a bowl game on the line and, hopefully, a full roster, what if we pull off an upset against LSU? I know our record sucks, but we were a play from beating Alabama on the road, and LSU needed OT at home. It could happen.

If it does, and let's say we also win a bowl game... how many people who have turned against Jimbo would inch back toward him?
eATMup-Reveille
Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

I really think he'd have won this week against Florida had he had a normal number of starters playing. I think we will beat Auburn and UMass, and with a bowl game on the line and, hopefully, a full roster, what if we pull off an upset against LSU? I know our record sucks, but we were a play from beating Alabama on the road, and LSU needed OT at home. It could happen.

If it does, and let's say we also win a bowl game... how many people who have turned against Jimbo would inch back toward him?

Honestly, I think people would only have a slight change in opinion if we absolutely blew out the remaining teams. That would require a total change in play by both the offense and defense. Even that, however would only provide a little bit of evidence that we've started to turn a corner if we had a blowout victory over LSU, not caused by unforced mistakes by LSU.

That said, no changes to the coaching staff would not be met with much expectations going into the 2023 season.
AgLaw02
AG
It's one bad year, in a year where we are unusually young and injury prone. I can kind of overlook a bad year, based on how Jimbo has done and how well he has recruited for the future.

However, that all changes if he can't hold the roster together. If too many of the wrong players leave and our recruiting tanks it could become unsalvageable.
Beezy2389
AG
Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

Alabama is two plays away from being a 4-loss team this year.
Agsrback12
I promise it's different if it looked like this:

2018: 10-2
2019: 10-2
2020: 9-1 (check)
2021: 10-2
2022: 4-8

But that's not what we are dealing with AT ALL
Bison
AG
Harbaugh also agreed to restructure his contract lower....

Call me skeptical that we could manage such persuasion.

BJM1781
AG
Harbaugh has also won 10+ games in half of his 8 seasons at the helm. Jumbo has one 9 win season under his ever growing belt. Apples and oranges.
Bobaloo
This year has been a cluster. Jimbo is the boss and deserves all the criticism. About the best we can hope for is to win two more games. When it comes to coaching, I try and look at the big picture. DKRoyal went 6-4, 7-4 and 6-4 in years 9-11 at Texas. This was when Texas could sign almost an unlimited number of players. He had to change something, and he did with the wishbone offense. Jimbo is paid to figure sh#t out. I hope he does. The ball is squarely in his court.
ABATTBQ11
AG
2-4 during the covid season doesn't mean ****, especially in the big 10 where the season started in mid October and no one was even sure it would happen. Those games were basically random scrimmages.
WolfCall
AG

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/michigan/index.html
Jim Harbaugh Michigan Wolverines record by year under Harbaugh

2015 10 - 3
2016 10 - 3
2017 8 - 5
2018 10 - 3
2019 9 - 4
2020 2 - 4 COVID
2021 12 - 2
2022 9 - 0
JP_Losman
AG
Smart football analysts such as Tom Luginbill have been saying look at A&M come 2023, not 2022.

Last summer he was dismissing A&M as a contender in 2022.

Logical trajectory of all the freshmen playing and getting experience this year + Weigman development
means that 2023 call for is still valid.

After the APP State game Jimbo decided to go all in on class of 2021 and 2022.
AgfromHOU
AG
BJM1781 said:

Harbaugh has also won 10+ games in half of his 8 seasons at the helm. Jumbo has one 9 win season under his ever growing belt. Apples and oranges.

Well, he has two 9 win seasons, but true
spherical
AG
Agsrback12 said:

I promise it's different if it looked like this:

2018: 10-2
2019: 10-2
2020: 9-1 (check)
2021: 10-2
2022: 4-8

But that's not what we are dealing with AT ALL

I know that sounds logical… but not with this fanbase.

It would be post after post of comparisons to coaches in year 2.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.