Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Why is the top rated 2023 RB in Texas

14,775 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by HowdyTexasAggies
Houstonag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I saw his film and he is very good, Power, balance with separation speed. We need him.
Sparkie
AG
HowdyTexasAggies said:

Anyone questioning Reuben's ability has clearly not seen him in person. He's as good as Achane, maybe better due to size.
love the enthusiasm. but comparing a player who never played a down of college-football to achane is asinine.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Sparkie said:

HowdyTexasAggies said:

Anyone questioning Reuben's ability has clearly not seen him in person. He's as good as Achane, maybe better due to size.
love the enthusiasm. but comparing a player who never played a down of college-football to achane is asinine.

Or what's asinine is people mouthing off that have no clue. I have seen both in person at field level.
Dad
AG
HowdyTexasAggies said:

Sparkie said:

HowdyTexasAggies said:

Or what's asinine is people mouthing off that have no clue. I have seen both in person at field level.

I hope you are right because Achane was one of the best in the country, IMO. He spent two years not getting the ball enough and one year behind the worst oline in the conference and still came out of it with a solid career here.
fightingfarmer09
HowdyTexasAggies said:

Watch him every home game.

Explosive and exciting to watch. Feasts on weaker opponents that are outmatched up front. El Campo's division is pretty weak. Boosts his stats there.

Underwhelms when faced with solid defenses. His stats against Cuero look good on paper, but was completely contained the entire game. Doesn't help he was literally 100% of the offensive focus, so defenses just key up in him.

He could be an exciting player, and we will probably see him catching more passes at the next level. Put him in a well rounded offense that allows him to do more in open space. I worry about his commitment when not the star and sole focus.

I would not be surprised seeing him in transfer portal if not playing immediately.
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
Lots of genius in this post. Love how he went from great to average and to great again within ten posts. Also, love how he's better than Baxter with less production against weaker competition mostly because he's closer. True genius because out of state players are never any good, right?

Can't wait to see how this turns out though I think I already know because I'm old enough to remember when Reggie McNeal was better than Vince.
Old Sarge
AG
Bill Superman said:

What's amazing to me is how he goes from the consensus #1 RB to #2 after he commits to us, with you know who now at #1… the sip RB commit.

It's laughable.
Rivals is a recruiting service, however it is still a media outlet. People chastised me on other threads for thinking out loud, and pointing out the media has had a bent against us since, well back into the 70's, and plays favorites to $ip. Not just $ip, but when we hired Jackie Sherill breaking the $1MM dollar mark they howled from the rafters we were going to ruin college football and should "know our place".

But Rivals.......it's almost like Twitter really. Going to paint a reality different than what people know, changing stars based instantly on commit status, trying to sway public perception. It is here, before your eyes.

Did anyone catch the auto-feeds on some of the news web sites yesterday? The other college football teams being discussed were legit articles. The only one that was "off" had the lead in pic of KYLE in the background and a cutout of Jimbo with a cartoonish speaking bubble "Why is EVERYONE LEAVING ME?" and a cutout of Marshall with a speaking bubble "I'M OUTTA HERE!". If you clicked on the article it spoke of Marshall bailing out on Jimbo and the Aggies, and only down in the article was a slight mention of suspensions, but nothing specific. No other school is getting near that kind of ridicule. Again, it's there, the bias, easy to see.

The bias is real.
"Green" is the new RED.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful said:

Lots of genius in this post. Love how he went from great to average man to great again within ten posts. Also, love how he's better than Baxter with less production against weaker competition mostly because he's closer. True genius because out of state players are never any good, right?

Can't wait to see how this turns out though I think I already know because I'm old enough to remember when Reggie McNeal was better than Vince.

In HS, Reggie was hands down better than Vince. Thats not debatable.
Rule#2
AG
It's not debatable? Wasn't Vince the first 1.0 recruit of all time? How does that happen?
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Rule#2 said:

It's not debatable? Wasn't Vince the first 1.0 recruit of all time? How does that happen?
It happens on the field of play and results, not some arbitrary recruiting ranking.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.