Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

NIL contracts: behavior clauses?

4,900 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BMX Bandit
dunlay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With the current news and rumors... does anyone know if these NIL contracts have clauses about personal conduct and behavior? If they are suspended, but still getting their deal$, where is the punishment?
"Democracy: 2 wolves and 1 sheep deciding one what to have for supper. Liberty: 2 wolves set on supper, and finding 1 well armed sheep."
Jawbreaker
dunlay said:

With the current news and rumors... does anyone know if these NIL contracts have clauses about personal conduct and behavior? If they are suspended, but still getting their deal$, where is the punishment?
More than likely they do.
A company isn't going to want trash repping their brand. It might read very close to the scholly paperwork. I know there are things in their that state, and I am paraphrasing here, 'If you do anything to discredit the university etc'
Companies are now investing into college football players.
Its a good chance for people to learn character and resolve for those looking for the best NIL deal.
It comes down to FAFO. You signed the paperwork. You failed to live up to your end. Its a legal contract.
"O' Son of dust, who can make these bones dance again?"
wangus12
AG
If they didn't already, they will soon.
Jawbreaker
wangus12 said:

If they didn't already, they will soon.
Facts
"O' Son of dust, who can make these bones dance again?"
12thMan9
AG
Has anyone seen any NIL contract?

The biggest ASSumption being made is that EVERYBODY is getting paid. Yet NOBODY can back up these ASSumptions.

Does anyone know what TexAgs pays for their player interviews? It's their money, it's between them & the athlete.

Outside of the now benched Clemson QB, the volleyball twins who transferred from Fresno St. to Miami & the lsu gymnast, who has really cashed in that we know about?
Ronnie '88
BQ78
AG
Quote:

If you do anything to discredit the university etc'
Does losing to App State and SC, count?
evestor1
12thMan9 said:

The biggest ASSumption being made is that EVERYBODY is getting paid. Yet NOBODY can back up these ASSumptions.

Rule 1 on the ASSumption Ronnie!
aglaes
AG
12thMan9 said:

Does anyone know what TexAgs pays for their player interviews? It's their money, it's between them & the athlete.

Outside of the now benched Clemson QB, the volleyball twins who transferred from Fresno St. to Miami & the lsu gymnast, who has really cashed in that we know about?

I think Bryce Young had over $1 mil in NIL deals before he even took his first snap at Bama.
Jimbos Plaque
AG
I know some BMAs and have raised a question sort of like this one evening. From the guys who are in the know - Yes there are clauses for behavior and they are month to month.
12thMan9
AG
aglaes said:

12thMan9 said:

I think Bryce Young had over $1 mil in NIL deals before he even took his first snap at Bama.

With who?
Ronnie '88
12thMan9
AG
evestor1 said:

12thMan9 said:

Rule 1 on the ASSumption Ronnie!

If I knew how to post a gif, it would be nice.
Ronnie '88
Dad
AG
12thMan9 said:

Last year it was on record that they paid 10k per interview to some players. I don't know if that is what everyone gets or if some get more than others.
20ag07
The Athletic is the only ones that has seemingly gotten their hands on one of these contracts.

It's believed to be Niko's $8M deal at Tennessee.
Quote:

As per NCAA rules, the contract explicitly states, "nothing in this Agreement constitutes any form of inducement for (the athlete) to enroll at any school and/or join any athletic team." There is no mention of any specific university, only that he be "enrolled at an NCAA member institution and a member of the football team at such institution," ostensibly to avoid violating the NCAA's pay-for-play rule. The only specific circumstances by which the collective could terminate the contract early is if the player violates a confidentiality clause or a clause about conducting himself with "the utmost character and integrity."

It's a really good article if you care to dive into the depths of all this.

https://theathletic.com/3178558/2022/03/11/five-star-recruit-in-class-of-2023-signs-agreement-with-collective-that-could-pay-him-more-than-8-million/?source=user_shared_article
12thMan9
AG
Key word here is COULD. So, we're back to alleged.
Ronnie '88
20ag07
Quote:

Key word here is COULD. So, we're back to alleged.
How do you figure that?

"Alleged" what?

They didn't get suspended for non behavioral issues.
12thMan9
AG
Response to Bryce Young comment.
Ronnie '88
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
12thMan9 said:

aglaes said:

12thMan9 said:

With who?
"Our quarterback has approached ungodly numbers, and he hasn't even played yet ... If I told you what it is ... it's almost seven figures." - Nick Saban

Young signed with CAA who brokered the deal(s). Bama has a large collective just like everyone else in the P5.
BMX Bandit
Young had already been at Alabama for a year and played before NIL was legal. He was not a starter yet.

Should not be a surprise to anyone, but the quarterback of the most high profile team in the country gets big money.

He is in at least two national commercials now, not just getting money from boosters
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Doesn't surprise or bother me. Other poster seems to need specifics on his deal...
Greencougars
So there can be no playing time or performance stipulations on NIL deals. Most are 1yr deals anyway. Most are tied to time or media posts. They may be able to tie conduct off the field into it. I would if I was able to and were paying a player to be a face of my company. LSU QB retired and he had 4 or 5 NIL deals on the table and was no obligated to pay any of what he earned back, because it's about the individual not performance or playing time.
Agsrback12
Probably need to check with Alabama and Georgia on that one as well. They seem to make things work. Maybe add Tennessee and OSU to that? Clemson?
tokyoag
AG
He isn't doing the Heisman House commercials for free, so I am sure they are paying big.
greg.w.h
AG
The contract isn't with University. There are team rules, athletic department rules, conference rules, NCAA rules, and local law enforcement of state laws and local ordinances. In addition, the federal government has tested the theory that bribes at a federal government supported institution are federal crimes. And any infraction can fall into multiple areas.

Why is OP concerned????? Can't control what someone else's kids do? Damn shame amirite???
black_ice
Yes
EricHill
Don't need them. According to some posters here none of these kids are here for the NIL money. It's all bc of our tradition of championship football and their love for the university
NowhereMan
My neighborhood trailer park just signed an NIL deal with Ye and there is no code of conduct clause, but that's us.
TJKDone
Lets hope Jimbo has the same behavior incentives as the players. He can't turn tough guy and make physical contact with players in this day and age.

Gig'em
DGrimesAg92
I've said this since day one. These kids get a million bucks in their pocket and they don't care. There has to be some type of clause that has repercussions for bad behavior.
BMX Bandit
BLSD said:

I've said this since day one. These kids get a million bucks in their pocket and they don't care. There has to be some type of clause that has repercussions for bad behavior.

You think these guys got a million bucks? Funny stuff
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.