Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A&M team statistics through 10/3/22

4,348 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by callitacomeback2
Decay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just endured a rewatch of the game at lunch. I am actually more optimistic.

Johnson has poise and moxy
We were right there even after the first half of playing awful
We were in position to take over that game a few times
We let them off the hook repeatedly

I think I feel better about our chances now. Let Bama overlook us and make some plays and we know we're absolutely talented enough to withstand the pressure.

The question is are we disciplined enough to take the next step. As long as it's not our only loss of the year, I'd take 0-2 against MSU every time if we were 2-0 against Bama.
Decay
AG
The Banned said:

phatty26 said:

halfastros81 said:

You are the eternal optimist . The defense has not been bad. The offense is beyond pathetic and I see nothing to make me feel it's close to major improvement . What is it you see that makes you think otherwise?

The "young" excuse has been around forever. Doesn't fly imo.
Just to be clear I'm not overjoyed with our performance either I'm mad as hell but trying to temper my negativity which is hard if you are an aggie. It just comes naturally, but when step back and look at what we are you see how young we are and how much talent we have. I'd rather be here in year 5 than where we were in year 5 with sumlin. We are competing with freshman and sophmores.

A few tweaks and maybe hit the portal this time and get a few pieces and an OC and OL coach.

The question no one can seem to answer is: why are we so young? How are Arkansas and MSU holding on to their talent? Why are our guys bailing out early to go undrafted? Why do we only have 8 guys starting that have been here 3 years or more? Did we just whiff on those classes? We're they not developed? It flat out makes no sense.

I agree that our team is young, and that's hurting. And as Anais said, they aren't fully bought in. But we are we relying on this many young guys in the first place? UGA and Bama sure aren't.

Some of that is a byproduct of our recruiting rise. Most positions have a talented youngster and a less talented veteran. You're making a tradeoff there.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Decay said:

I think I feel better about our chances now. Let Bama overlook us and make some plays and we know we're absolutely talented enough to withstand the pressure.

The question is are we disciplined enough to take the next step. As long as it's not our only loss of the year, I'd take 0-2 against MSU every time if we were 2-0 against Bama.

With King starting Saturday the only ? is how many INTs will be throw and how many of them are of the "Pick 6" variety....
OKC~Ag
These stats are abomination.

Both are really bad... kind of double whammy

It's gonna be long off season unless something miraculous happens next half of the season
Decay
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

Decay said:

With King starting Saturday the only ? is how many INTs will be throw and how many of them are of the "Pick 6" variety....
Oh yeah Turnover King sucks. Start Connor and don't look back.
oysterbayAG
AG
If they are 50 to 60 yard bombs that are intercepted we should be able to prevent the " 6 Pixes "
Onionman
aglaes said:

agracer said:

A&M Scoring Offense is #108 at 21.8/game

A&M Scoring Defense is #22 at 16.6/game

The defensive numbers may not look great, but keeping the other team off the board is really the most important stat.
Defensive stats would look even better if the offense could hold the ball and at least even out the TOP.
Well, 2 sides to that coin. If our offense was like UNC and scored very often then the defense would have to be out there for even more series and would look even worse IMO.

Yes, the offense is beyond pathetic but I am so tired of that being an excuse for the defense. This defense is too talented to let teams march up and down the field on them and rarely produce 3 and outs or punts.

Additionally, the defense often lets up long scoring drives even when they are fully rested. A&M drove down to near the goal line and fumbles (it was like a great punt). The D promptly lets Miss St drive 95 yards for the TD.
Onionman
Decay said:

I think there are some fallacies in your thinking...

1) Miss St is not that good. They will be middle of the pack team this year.
2) We got blown out by multiple scores

It's going to be an extremely long year if things don't get fixed offensively AND defensively. It's laughable that some people are even counting wins from teams like South Carolina. I think even that game is pick'em right now unless we improve.
DM44
Ranking team stats come from ncaa.com.
There are 131 teams ranked.

These are the stats for Alabama as of 10/3/22.

Offense:
Total Offense - 5
Passing yds - 32
Passing Efficiency - 23
Rushing yds - 8
Time of Possession - 80
First Downs - 72
Scoring Offense - 4

Defense:
Yds per game allowed - 1
Rushing Yds allowed - 2
Passing Yds allowed - 3
Tackles for Loss - 19
Sacks - 18 (tie)
Allowed points scored - 1

Teams played:
Utah State
Sips
UL Monroe
Vanderbilt
Arkansas
Artorias
AG
aglaes said:

agracer said:

A&M Scoring Offense is #108 at 21.8/game

A&M Scoring Defense is #22 at 16.6/game

The defensive numbers may not look great, but keeping the other team off the board is really the most important stat.
Defensive stats would look even better if the offense could hold the ball and at least even out the TOP.
Or if the Defense could manage to get a stop on 3rd or 4th down and get off the field...
halfastros81
AG
We'll beat Scar and UMass. Maybe Auburn. Beyond that I don't see anything to be optimistic about.
TRADUCTOR
To turn those numbers around, we need 2 pimp sticks.
one safe place
Decay said:

In your rewatch, did we run a three man front on defense?
callitacomeback2
If the offense could ever do anything at all the defense would be looking wayyyyyyyy better. Only reason Miss State put up as much as it did was 4 offensive turnovers and a blocked field goal for a TD. Besides that game the most the D has given up is 21 points.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.