Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Barrie and Finebaum on Jimbo

13,320 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by FriskyGardenGnome
MarylandAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
suppose the big cigars bought Jimbo out, isn't a hug part of the problem that they themselves would go out and hire the next "flavor of the month" coach instead of conducting a legitimate coaching search?

Fran, Sumlin, and Fisher were all "flavor of the month" hires, the loan exemption was Sherman.

If they do fire the guy, they should invest in a young dynamic coach, give him the resources (already there) and get the hell out of the way. Won't happen, if they do they will go for the hail mary hire...again!
aggieflyboy68
AG
Several thoughts: 1. Obviously someone has to be above Fisher in the pecking order (even though that person makes much less than Fisher). That person needs to have the A&M lawyer look at his contract. There is no contract that is "ironclad". Fisher's "boss" needs to have a "how the cow eats cabbage" talk with Fisher; telling him the recording of the conversation will be made available to everybody. 2. If Fisher were an honorable and ethical individual, he would know that he is failing at his job. Five years is enough time to know you are succeeding or failing. An honorable person would either realize his failure and quit or at least give up a great deal of his salary to bring on people to right the ship.

Pipe dreams from a universe far, far away…but one can still dream.
LMCane
achooooo said:

Although we deserve the harsh but honest analysis, Finebaum's bias against us is blatant. He goes beyond objective analysis and seems to enjoy taking cheap shots like the " howdy cowboy" remark and sarcastically congratulating CBS for scheduling their prime time Saturday night game for Alabama to play a "cupcake." I understand the criticism but not the venom. I guess we just have to grin and bear it for now.
Pretty sure that is just Finebaum's schtick against every team

he savages everybody and everyone
TheAccidentalAg
AG
Heisenberg01 said:

Worried what that roster will look like if we continue to play this lackluster with the transfer portal out there.
OKC~Ag
TheAccidentalAg said:

Heisenberg01 said:

Worried what that roster will look like if we continue to play this lackluster with the transfer portal out there.

well, portal opens in December? so there is some time...
AGDAD14
Hey Paul… just keep running your mouth like all the other southern idiots that call in to your show.

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/2017/12/02/paul-finebaum-a-huge-believer-in-jimbo-fisher-at-texas-am/10373942007/
curtbr62
Aggie1188 said:

Both these dumb fcks never played football in their life and you can tell. You'd about never know we beat Alabama last year with a bad QB. Or that we basically or did outgain Arkansas the last 3 quarters. And prior to last year's close losses with our average QB, Jimbo had a very good record. All that needs to be said is he needs a better QB and an elite OC. Everything else goofy and little twerp talk about is just dumb.

So A&M beat Alabama last year. So what? A&M has lost to Bama 8 of the last 10 times and this week will be 9 of the last
11. A&M has lost 9 of the last 11 to LSU and A&M just lost the last 2 to Mississippi State. Throw in a loss to Appalachian Stat and why does A&M think they are anything on the SEC or National stage?
TyperWoods
This fan base is bipolar.

Always extreme, one way or the other.

Finebaum? He says crap to garner attention, like the rest of the media *****s.
Sam and Dean
AG
outsiderlookingin said:

As has probably been discussed here ad nauseam Finebaum is a snake oil salesman. A Tennessee grad whose nose is up Saban's ass. But he knows his fan base and they aren't in Texas. They are old old old SEC like Bama, Georgia, Tennessee and Auburn. The rest are just easy targets.

However in this tape he wasn't out of line. That said it would be fun to see his face Monday morning if the world comes to an end Saturday night and Bama loses the game.

Like last year!! Also like last year I'd tune in just to see him shrug those shoulders and make excuses.
"I am besieged, by a thousand or more of the Mexicans under Santa Anna...I shall never surrender or retreat."
Old Sarge
AG
Finebaum is a Tenn. grad that sucks da knob of Bama. That, in itself, is pathetic. So, now that we have identified PAWL Finebaum as a pathetic person, let's get on with the general look of the pathetic schlub. Paul Finebaum resembles the reservoir tip of a condom full of Nick Saban's load with eyes covered by Crimson glasses and overly large ears. Everything that grabastic choad does is to benefit Bama. At all cost.

Screw him.
Green is the new RED.
Sq 17
There are many things About the SEC that I am not fond of
Finebaum is at or near the top of the list
Drum5343
AG
Some of you need to grow up and give less ****s about what other people think of the football team where you went to school.
Drum5343
AG
I don't know how anyone listens to finebaums show. ****in awful radio. The hicks that call in can barely speak english and say the dumbest ***** And they ramble on and on. I usually listen to about half a call and then change the station.
duffelpud
AG
Men dressing up in suites and ties talking about a game played by boys with a ball - that's what's pathetic.
"What's this button do?"
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
duffelpud said:

Men dressing up in suites and ties talking about a game played by boys with a ball - that's what's pathetic.
This game played by boys with a ball generates billions in annual revenue, but you knew that.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.