Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Barrie and Finebaum on Jimbo

13,319 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by FriskyGardenGnome
Artorias
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brutal but true

swellvermin
AG
Lmao! This hits all the heads!!
Loco84
AG
Can't disagree with anything they said. The truth may hurt but needs to be spoken.
TylerAg98
AG
Nothing but truth being spoken on this one.
fieldtrailer
AG
Did I hear Paul say he talked to top A&M brass and they said 90 million buyout, no problem? Or is that what I wanted to hear?
#Mke
AG
We make it so easy to make fun of Texas A&M.
Damascene
AG
Damn that's a brutal segment but I can't objectively disagree with a single thing they said.
Psycho Bunny
At least we can put a decal on the back of "our" car/truck that says I helped.
riverrataggie
AG
fieldtrailer said:

Did I hear Paul say he talked to top A&M brass and they said 90 million buyout, no problem? Or is that what I wanted to hear?

Maybe we can reclassify jumbo's contract to a student loan?
sharpdressedman
The hate for JF and the "Howdy Cowboy" Aggie fans is blatant and disgusting.
sail33or
AG
Oh, and uck all of us for saying the same exact thing year after year for DECADES and expecting to be like the big boys. We are the very definition of idiots.
Krazykat
AG
Awesome! We're the primetime game on CBS this week. That's just great.
Pepe SiIvia
AG
riverrataggie said:

fieldtrailer said:

Maybe we can reclassify jumbo's contract to a student loan?
Or maybe the big money oil guys can use the money they love to brag about and flaunt to fund their stupid contract negotiations.
achooooo
Although we deserve the harsh but honest analysis, Finebaum's bias against us is blatant. He goes beyond objective analysis and seems to enjoy taking cheap shots like the " howdy cowboy" remark and sarcastically congratulating CBS for scheduling their prime time Saturday night game for Alabama to play a "cupcake." I understand the criticism but not the venom. I guess we just have to grin and bear it for now.
greg.w.h
AG
achooooo said:

Although we deserve the harsh but honest analysis, Finebaum's bias against us is blatant. He goes beyond objective analysis and seems to enjoy taking cheap shots like the " howdy cowboy" remark and sarcastically congratulating CBS for scheduling their prime time Saturday night game for Alabama to play a "cupcake." I understand the criticism but not the venom. I guess we just have to grin and bear it for now.
Both of them are utter idiots. Which doesn't fix our program. Suggesting Banks has clout is idiotic.
Ian Neff
AG
I don't care how much "sense" Paul makes to any of you.

It's his glee in our misery that makes him intolerable.
My Name Is Judge
Lol

I forgot about us punking out of the wake forest game

I remember the pumpers in here trying convince everyone the cop out was legit

Jesus what a albatross Jimbo has created… for no ****ing reason other than to be stubborn… total dip****
outsiderlookingin
As has probably been discussed here ad nauseam Finebaum is a snake oil salesman. A Tennessee grad whose nose is up Saban's ass. But he knows his fan base and they aren't in Texas. They are old old old SEC like Bama, Georgia, Tennessee and Auburn. The rest are just easy targets.

However in this tape he wasn't out of line. That said it would be fun to see his face Monday morning if the world comes to an end Saturday night and Bama loses the game.
TyperWoods
Who and WGAS?
VatoLocoAggie
The world is laughing at us
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
stbabs
AG
Fisher fed Finebaum's bias with his childish and overly emotional response to Saban's recruiting comments.
Shudda taken the high road and shaken it off.
Come Saturday Saban will pound Jimbo as hard as he can. 77-0 may become our second worst azz beating.
Finebaum's comments reflect bias for sure but Fisher, the administration, the BMA alumni who threw $$ at a mediocre coach and a grossly underperforming football team have given him more than a little grist for the bias mill.
BigHead 04
AG
What he says about our pathetic coach is true. But he is still an insufferable twunt
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aggie1188
Both these dumb fcks never played football in their life and you can tell. You'd about never know we beat Alabama last year with a bad QB. Or that we basically or did outgain Arkansas the last 3 quarters. And prior to last year's close losses with our average QB, Jimbo had a very good record. All that needs to be said is he needs a better QB and an elite OC. Everything else goofy and little twerp talk about is just dumb.
UTExan
achooooo said:

Yes, but I recall Jackie Sherrill's words when A&M was down briefly during his tenure and the Southwest Conference was beating up on them:
"They better enjoy it now because it's gonna come back on them." (Words to that effect)

I don't hear Jimbo or the staff with that kind of talk now.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Kozmozag
Well there is always next year.
Ags4DaWin
Aggie1188 said:

Both these dumb fcks never played football in their life and you can tell. You'd about never know we beat Alabama last year with a bad QB. Or that we basically or did outgain Arkansas the last 3 quarters. And prior to last year's close losses with our average QB, Jimbo had a very good record. All that needs to be said is he needs a better QB and an elite OC. Everything else goofy and little twerp talk about is just dumb.

Yeah...cause getting lucky last year means squat. You act like beating bama=a Natty and earned Jimbo a cushion. If there is a QB talent problem then that is on Jimbo. He has had 4 years to find a good QB and has yet to deliver a decent qb at that position and yet he is supposedly an offensive guru and QB Whisperer....he is obviously either not putting forth the effort he has in the past or he is not getting the job done. Either way is unacceptable at his pay level.

People have beat Bama. Hell we did with JFF. If your metric for a good coach is occasionally winning a game against an elite opponent (jimbo is currently 1/4) then ur mindset is a big part of the problem.
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
fieldtrailer said:

PA24
AG
A_Gang_Ag_06 said:

fieldtrailer said:

Probably what he wants. Retire with $90,000,000 plus the millions he has made over the last few years.

We could have picked up the pirate.
Heisenberg01
AG
Sonny Dykes with this talent would kill it. Lots of options that could be brought in that would dominate with this talent (even Leach which I don't think we would ever do).

Just don't see A&M cutting a $70-80 million check to make it happen. Once again a terrible job negotiating by our athletic department.

Worried what that roster will look like if we continue to play this lackluster with the transfer portal out there.
fieldtrailer
AG
He is claiming the president of the university was in on the conversation. This isn't about Paul taking shots at Fisher. This is about the university giving him ammo to shoot. He's either lieing or A&M brass just threw Fisher under the bus. Which I don't think they should. Why discuss anything with Finebaum? Big mistake if true.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
The Administration is beyond idiotic. They extended Franchione's contract with a raise after getting to the Cotton Bowl in his second season. Then they did the same with Sumlin after his first season. Then they did the same with Fisher. Never learned their lesson. Definition of insanity.
This is what needs to be posted everywhere in front of how bad the team is because this is the root of the problem.
Loyalty
AG
My Name Is Judge said:

Lol

I forgot about us punking out of the wake forest game

I remember the pumpers in here trying convince everyone the cop out was legit

Jesus what a albatross Jimbo has created… for no ****ing reason other than to be stubborn… total dip****

I love Jesus.
Joe Schilliaci 48
I am not sure what is worse. Our play bringing Joel Klatt and Ben Baby back to being quotable or the pot bangers who would rather win a recruiting "championship" than a SEC championship.
W
AG
VatoLocoAggie said:

The world is laughing at us
just wait until A&M pays Jimbo $70 MM or $80 MM to go away

and this is supposed to be an academic institution
ElephantRider
AG
As much as I want Jimbo gone...if we pay him that much money to leave, we will forever be the laughing stock of college football.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.