Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Can someone explain why we are a 4 point under dog?

7,262 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by #Mke
TyperWoods
How long do you want to ignore this user?
maroongoon95 said:

Texas A&M:
1. Mostly 4 and 5 star players
2. 100,000 seat stadium (loudest crowd noise)
3. Top 10 recruiting classes the past 4 years
4. The top football facilities in the nation.
5. Top 5 coach in the nation?

Mississippi State
1. Mostly 2 and 3 stars players
2. Rinky dink stadium with cow bells
3. Averaging the top 40 recruiting classes the past 4 years.
4. Sub par football facilities for an SEC school
5. A journey man coach at from bareley above average programs.

Can someone explain the logic, signed, BAS master

Tell me you haven't watched our games without telling me you haven't watched our games.
TyperWoods
HECUBUS said:

Showed up completely unprepared last time. I thought that was why Elko was let go. Showed up completely unprepared for hillbilly inbred U this year. Elko wasn't the problem. Jimbo doesn't seem like the type to fail that badly twice, but that's what's the oddsmakers believe. Not surprising at all.

R u serious? Elko left for a HC job. SMH
ABATTBQ11
AG
HECUBUS said:

Showed up completely unprepared last time. I thought that was why Elko was let go. Showed up completely unprepared for hillbilly inbred U this year. Elko wasn't the problem. Jimbo doesn't seem like the type to fail that badly twice, but that's what's the oddsmakers believe. Not surprising at all.

I remember my first beer
AgBandsman
AG
BLSD said:

Have you "NOT" watched our anemic offense at work?

Leach has, they watch tapes. They'll put 8 or 9 in the box and dare us to throw it, we won't. Jimbo will try to "outwit" a guy with 5 plays, won't work….because, they watch tapes.

Defensively, we'll continue to run a 3 man front and they'll expose our LB's and run through us until we load the box, then they'll start throwing it down field, because they watch tapes.

We need this team to finish 6-6 or 7-5, so the pressure can be put on Jimbo to hire an OC. If not, Jimbo will believe what he's doing is working. That happens and we turn into another FSU, but with more money.

Never lose sight, this coaching staff got out coached by Appalachian State.

MSU 31
TAMU 13

Wait, by your logic, winning isn't the end goal. Hiring an OC is the end goal. If Jimbo wins out, then you lose and dont get your OC.

I really feel bad for you.
Paul Dirac
I'd bet Anias Smith is 2 points
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
I've heard it said that home team always gets 7 points. So really Vegas is saying that we slightly better.

Farmers6
I think it's 3 points.
DGrimesAg92
AgBandsman said:

BLSD said:

Have you "NOT" watched our anemic offense at work?

Leach has, they watch tapes. They'll put 8 or 9 in the box and dare us to throw it, we won't. Jimbo will try to "outwit" a guy with 5 plays, won't work….because, they watch tapes.

Defensively, we'll continue to run a 3 man front and they'll expose our LB's and run through us until we load the box, then they'll start throwing it down field, because they watch tapes.

We need this team to finish 6-6 or 7-5, so the pressure can be put on Jimbo to hire an OC. If not, Jimbo will believe what he's doing is working. That happens and we turn into another FSU, but with more money.

Never lose sight, this coaching staff got out coached by Appalachian State.

MSU 31
TAMU 13

Wait, by your logic, winning isn't the end goal. Hiring an OC is the end goal. If Jimbo wins out, then you lose and dont get your OC.

I really feel bad for you.

He's not winning out, so i feel pretty good about it.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
For several reasons, we are 4-point underdogs.

1. The baseline spread for home field advantage is 2.5 points, and this is our first true road game outside of Texas this season.
https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/home-field-advantage-college-football-betting-2021

2. Mississippi State has returned 80% of their production from last season. The Bulldogs have a veteran quarterback in Will Rogers and lost only three big playmakers to the NFL last season.

https://www.si.com/college/mississippistate/football/sec-2022-returning-production-percentages-by-team-mississippi-state-tennessee#:~:text=MSU%20leads%20all%20SEC%20teams,of%20its%20production%20from%202021.

3. We have not scored more than 17 offensive points in our last 3 games, and 2 of them were at Kyle Field.

4. We lost our last two road games at Ole Miss and LSU. Our last road win was a 35-14 rout at Missouri on 10/16/21, and our last road win over an SEC West team was a 31-20 win at Auburn pm 12/5/20.
romanagg11
Here's the deal breaker. If the A&M offense cannot stay on the field and score, then the defense will be tired due to the no huddle quick offensive scheme of Miss St.

A&M offense: convert all 3rd downs and no turnovers and we win the game.
W
AG
Mississippi State lost to LSU by 15 points.

the Bulldogs have some issues too
TheCougarHunter
AG
romanagg11 said:

Here's the deal breaker. If the A&M offense cannot stay on the field and score, then the defense will be tired due to the no huddle quick offensive scheme of Miss St.

A&M offense: convert all 3rd downs and no turnovers and we win the game.

You're really going out on a limb there.
QB1
AG
Sure goon, break out a nice excel sheet on those same recruits then vs now, how many are still with each pgm. Go to bed troll
Phoenix1
Vegas had us a 2 point favorites last week so clearly they have no idea what they're doing.
SolidRockAg
Mike leach
Nino Brown
Why? This is why.

Beat40
Entourageag07 said:

Our offense is dead last in plays per game and next to last in top. That's in the entire country. Our defense is ranked the 100s in sacks per game, rushing defense, and takeaways per game.

We have been outgained and outcoached in every one of our fbs games this year, even at home.

But hey, at least we are only playing a top offense in our first true road game of the season.

Some of those things are a function of the piss-poor offense and are counting stats.

The numbers you posted are not good by any stretch, but the defense is 8th in the nation in scoring defense.

Sure, that will be put to the test tomorrow.
Beat40
Agsrback12 said:

If we can play a 4 man front defense, and run the ball, then stick with the run we will destroy them. It's that simple

If we can't run the ball and we play a 3 man front, Leach will do what he does once or twice a year snd pull another upset.
To be honest, I hope we run a 3-man front tomorrow and win by 20. I'm that tired of hearing about a 3-man front vs a 4-man front.
Rectitude
AG
TAMUallen said:

It's not that hard.

Leach has an offense oriented team. We have a good defense.

Our offense is not scoring points. Therefore Mississippi state is favored at home
This
dixichkn
AG
Coryhub said:

Pirate offensive mad genius with history of record setting offenses vs self proclaimed QB whisperer history of bad offense
If you can link the interview where Jimbo called himself a QB whisperer, please. I'd like to see that.
Divining Rod
i wish you wouldnt feed this troll maroon goon 95 who always has the same schtick….. tear down a&m in subtle ways. what a loser.
Bag
AG
maroongoon95 said:

Texas A&M:
1. Mostly 4 and 5 star players
2. 100,000 seat stadium (loudest crowd noise)
3. Top 10 recruiting classes the past 4 years
4. The top football facilities in the nation.
5. Top 5 coach in the nation?

Mississippi State
1. Mostly 2 and 3 stars players
2. Rinky dink stadium with cow bells
3. Averaging the top 40 recruiting classes the past 4 years.
4. Sub par football facilities for an SEC school
5. A journey man coach at from bareley above average programs.

Can someone explain the logic, signed, BAS master

The answer is 42
Moe 92
AG
spherical said:

They have a more consistent shade of maroon

HEX 500000 !!!!!!!
pressitup
The line opened at 2.5. So basically it says both teams to be equal.
The market has moved it to 4. About 67% of the handle is on the cowbells.
Investors also realize that the Ags have bama on deck.
Situational play for many.
Hopefully, the Ags prevail.
Stone44
AG
Too many trolls on this thread.
TXAG 05
AG
Miss st can score tds. We can't. That's why they are favored.
Pro2Percent
AG

Quote:

Tell me you haven't watched our games without telling me you haven't watched our games.

Our explosive offense and Haynes' speed will win the game for us.
Gig This Ags!
Cojack
Maybe because we cannot score more than 2 offensive touchdowns in the last 5 games
Aggie_Journalist
AG
The sacred chickens were consulted the night before the game and predicated defeat.
Thanks and gig'em
Jawbreaker
Pigeon88 said:

1. We have been playing poorly.

Facts

2. 2nd week on the road.

Fact

3. Anias Smith is gone.

Replacements will set up / wash

4. Mike Leach always beats A&M

Not true

5. We have a top 5 coach in salary only.

Not true. Top Coaches have rings. Jimbo has one.

6. Our base D has a 3-man front.

So we can continue to rotate players, and wear down a Oline and drop more into the cross coverage path. Do you football?

7. MSU has had our number recently.

They might live rent free in your head?

8. We have a VERY low scoring offense.

We still win games at the end of the day.

9. MSU has home field advantage.

Smaller than Kyle, does not count.

10. We are a perpetually young team.

Facts.

That's my top 10. Let me know if you need more

I don't.
We don't
The Porkchop Express
maroongoon95 said:

What's truly baffling is our past 4 years recruits vs. Theirs? Our coaching staff vs. Theirs? It just doesn't make sense. Can some explain those variables?
Their coach knows how to get the most of his players. Ours doesn't.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
AGHouston11
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

Leach has a history of kicking a&m in the nuts.

Was just thinking this when I opened this thread !
CajunAg86
Perhaps the most disappointing is op's point #3. What good does yeast after year of top 10 recruiting classes do if you don't retain and develop them - if we had, we wouldn't be "young" again this year.

Can't believe I'm saying this but starting to sound similar to the sips.
aggiedad7
maroongoon95 said:

IT IS HARD......WE HAVE THE BEST PLAYERS , THEY DO NOT! IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.....HOW ARE WE UNDERDOGS?
Because people watch us play. Last week was a pure gift. Lost to App St. and Miami is trash. This D is very good, but this O is bad and Smith is out for the year. I'm not sure what you do with this team betting wise?
Smittyfubar
AG
Now that the game is on, do you understand why we are a 4 pt dog?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.