Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Did King Hit A Bird on Saturday

9,494 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by dcg4403
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The trajectory of the ball is definitely changed.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
Tobias Funke
AG
He 100% hit a bird. My seats were directly in line of that pass, and it went from an on-target seam to just dropping out of nowhere. So bizarre.
aalan94
AG
If he did, our field goal kicker must have hit the Graf Zeppelin, as bad as his try was.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
aalan94 said:

If he did, our field goal kicker must have hit the Graf Zeppelin, as bad as his try was.
Our kicker hit a planetoid.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
VatoLocoAggie
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

aalan94 said:

Our kicker hit a planetoid.

Our kicker hit a pterodactyl.
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
Tramp96
dr_boogs said:

I kid I kid of course, harvesting and consuming legal game either in or out of season by an unlawful means (in this case a football strike) is not permitted and is a ticketable offense.....

How do you know it is unlawful? What if King has a valid hunting license? Does the law say you can't kill a dove with a football?

I mean, it is in-season, and if King does have a license, I don't see the issue with throwing that dove on the grill afterwards.
Shoefly!
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

During the game, King threw a pass that appeared to actually hit a bird in the first half. An App St. player picked up the bird and carried it off. It would have been a big first down.

I don't know about King and the bird, but the kicker kicked a pig instead of the pigskin on the play to tie!
JPK89
AG
Can the bird play LB?
Ag_EE_88
AG
JPK89 said:

Can the bird play LB?
Not any more
aglaes
AG
I remember that roar from the crowd and I could not figure out what they were reacting to. I guess it was the App St player picking up the bird.

Never new that happened and I was at the game.

It does look like Evan may have caught that if no bird. Didn't really matter though as Haynes got the first down with the run on the next play and Achane scored the TD - ironically our only scoring drive of the day.
Kozmozag
We are so screwed.
cupofjoe04
AG
Tramp96 said:

dr_boogs said:

I kid I kid of course, harvesting and consuming legal game either in or out of season by an unlawful means (in this case a football strike) is not permitted and is a ticketable offense.....

How do you know it is unlawful? What if King has a valid hunting license? Does the law say you can't kill a dove with a football?

I mean, it is in-season, and if King does have a license, I don't see the issue with throwing that dove on the grill afterwards.

Texas (and all other states) clearly define legal means of take (i.e. what you can use to legally kill game animals).

For migratory birds, it specifically states: " Shotguns, lawful archery equipment, falconry, dogs, artificial decoys, and manual or mouth-operated bird calls are legal."

Also, all the popcorn in the stand could violate baiting laws as well….

King will not start Saturday, as he will be sitting in jail for multiple hunting violations.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdoor-annual/hunting/migratory-game-bird-regulations/methods

TxAg76
AG
I'm betting several were flipped In King's general direction also
eATMup-Reveille
Perhaps they should have given King the bird...likely not the only one sent his way that day.
eATMup-Reveille
TxAg76 said:

I'm betting several were flipped In King's general direction also

OF COURSE I was late on my post...I suppose like Jimbo getting the play in most of the time.
Paul Dirac
That cost us the game. Unfair!
Meximan
Just another in a long list of reasons why that game was just totally bizarre.
Azariah
AG
It was a bat, not a bird. App State player got the biggest ovation of the game for getting it off the field safely.
Paul Dirac
Azariah said:

It was a bat, not a bird. App State player got the biggest ovation of the game for getting it off the field safely.

So King is Batman!
JohnClark929
Divining Rod said:

In other news, several worms were decapitated by our kicker....
OrygunAg
AG
You can see it fluttering off there as the ball gets to the reciever
The Agly Duckling
Geriatric Punk said:

AgWhoop2015 said:

Not only did he hit the bird

The App St player picked it up and handed it off to one of their coaches

So now teams are training birds to be a 12th defender? We never had a chance.
Texas A&M. Home of the 12th Bird.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Can he hit the Pimp Stick next?
Nosmo
AG
Played video at 1/4 speed. Started and stopped action.

The bird is barely off the ground about the 32 moving from the west to east ahead of the players as the ball is approaching.

It disappears in front of Stewart very low to the ground and then reappears very low to the ground behind Stewart but continuing to in the same pattern toward the east side of the field.

I never saw the ball or the shadows come close to colliding.

Wife had seen bird earlier flying very low and mentioned the grackle incident.

From what I think I saw, the bird was closer to getting stepped on than hit by the ball.

CameInLikeAWreckingBall
This is the best thread in a while!!! LOL
milner79

aglaes
AG
Paul Dirac said:

That cost us the game. Unfair!
WE scored on that drive - our only scoring drive. Maybe the bird was good luck.
wanderer
King cant hit a WR what makes you think he can hit a bird??
dcg4403
AG
It all makes sense now! No worries guys, we will be just fine this season after all.

If our struggling QB can hit a bird in midair, we can still absolutely win a Natty. Odds are probably better actually.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.