Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Tim Brando must be the latest Public Enemy #1 around here

9,101 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 20ag07
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Whoops. Wrong thread
rootube
AG
I get that people are skeptical about A&M but don't get the "sucking the fun out of it" part. Is it more fun to pick Arkansas?
Shoefly!
AG
Anchorhold said:

Is he hoarding electrolytes? We should have a new supplier anyway.

He's hoarding air, that's for sure!
HoustonAg2021
We underperform more often than not and love to finish unranked when we start out ranked. He's just repeating a popular narrative that is accurate until we change it. We could've last season and didn't. Wanna get respect? Win at least ten wins like we should and meet expectations for once. Til we arrive which SHOULD be this season, the "Texas 8&4" jokes and media jokes will continue.
annie88
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Tim Brando Names 1 Highly 'Overrated' College Football Team

Quote:

"Texas A&M is without question overrated. I just think A&M is sucking all the joy out of who is really is third," Brando said in an interview.

Sucking all the joy out?
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
TexasAggiesWin
S
cvenag03
AG
We beat Bama in Tuscaloosa but lose to a worse Ole Miss team @ home?
SinKiller
Bottlehead90 said:

Wasn't it Brando who made similar stupid comments before the holiday bowl with byu?

Maybe this is a good sign.

No, that was BYU's coach, LaVell Edwards, that talked the crap. I think Detmer wishes his coach would have kept his mouth shut. Maybe Brando said something, but the ass-whooping was for the coach's comments.
AGDAD14
SHU W
APP W (harder than you think)
MIA L (gut feel with our youth)
ARK L (series goes in streaks)
@MSU W (Jimbo refuses to lose)
@ALA L (blow out, our youth learns the hard way)
@SCA L (the streak ends)
MIS W (terrible team)
FLA W (big win)
@AUB W (close game on the road)
UMA W
LSU W (just win baby!)

8-4, 5-3 conf (finish strong, youth matures for '23 & '24)

BTHO tu forever!!!
HoustonAg2106
AG
AGDAD14 said:

SHU W
APP W (harder than you think)
MIA L (gut feel with our youth)
ARK L (series goes in streaks)
@MSU W (Jimbo refuses to lose)
@ALA L (blow out, our youth learns the hard way)
@SCA L (the streak ends)
MIS W (terrible team)
FLA W (big win)
@AUB W (close game on the road)
UMA W
LSU W (just win baby!)

8-4, 5-3 conf (finish string, youth matures for '23 & '24)

BTHO tu forever!!!

Bobby Petrin0
Timmy is just talking to himself all day, nobody listens to this guy.
"it's easy when you have all the advantages"

- Jimbo Fisher
AGDAD14
I agree… just shut up and win!!!

BTHO tu forever!!!
20ag07
Quote:

All these announcers and podcast idiots know that if you just bad-mouth A&M you'll get all kinds of attention.
It's their favorite hobby.
Just ignore them and don't feed the trolls and they'll eventually move on out of disinterest.
This is the ultimate victim complex.

Most media WANTS to see us get over the hump. They EXPECT us to get over the hump. Time and time again, they are flabbergasted why we can't do it. They keep predicting it has to happen. Just has to. "But until I see it, nah. Been playing this game 20+ years."

That take ain't wrong.
Eike Mlko
HoustonAg2106 said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

Aaron4885 said:

Texas 8 & 4 has become the new "Clemsoning" prior to Clemson getting on the run they have been on the last 5-6 years. So as others have said to drop that joke we have to prove it on the field.

Except in 2020 we finished #4 and IMHO were the 2nd best team in the country, but regardless we finished #4, not 8-4.

No one gives us credit for that season because of covid and even if they did that's one good season since 2012, and then that season was the only good season since the 90's.

With our resources we are one of the most underperforming teams in the country, these are just facts. It's time to change that and I firmly believe we will....but it's time to shut up and win!

You mean the season where we only played sec teams…..
20ag07
Quote:

No one gives us credit bc we turned around and lost to 4 SEC teams the next yearplaying an easier schedule.

While blaming 20yo QBs.

Like stacking the QB room wasn't a job that should have been done.
Aggie
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

I hate to break it to you guys, but until we start proving guys like him wrong they are going to keep saying it and unfortunately have a leg to stand on when they do. There is a reason the whole "Texas 8 and 4" joke has caught on, it's not that far from the truth (at least as of right now).

This… besides 2012 and the 2020 Covid season when has Texas A&M ever overachieved or lived up to preseason hype??
1998 maybe
Then people get all upset when a media guy calls it like it is .. oh ad he picked us to lose a bowl game 35 years ago so yeah… he obviously has it out for us lol
SinKiller
Texagtrojan said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

Aaron4885 said:

Texas 8 & 4 has become the new "Clemsoning" prior to Clemson getting on the run they have been on the last 5-6 years. So as others have said to drop that joke we have to prove it on the field.

Except in 2020 we finished #4 and IMHO were the 2nd best team in the country, but regardless we finished #4, not 8-4.

No one gives us credit for that season because of covid and even if they did that's one good season since 2012, and then that season was the only good season since the 90's.

With our resources we are one of the most underperforming teams in the country, these are just facts. It's time to change that and I firmly believe we will....but it's time to shut up and win!

It was an asterisk year, there's no way around that. Bama could have hung a hundy on us. The record will always be there, and the OB, but to act like that was a normal year is ridiculous.
Z Team
AG
tu is hoping to go 8-4 this year. That's called overrated. Ags would have won 2 more games last year if we weren't decimated by injuries.
We should have been a 10 win team last year that needs to take another step forward. 10 or 11 wins this year should be the expectation. That puts you right in the midst of the top 5 teams.
Windy City Ag
AG
We were very mediocre in stretches last year.

We barely beat a bad Colorado team and then lost to a bad MSU team. We couldn't score a TD against Auburn.

We then choke against a collapsing, short-handed LSU squad.

No defending that.
Frok
AG
If I was an expert I would predict 8-4. Safest bet in college football.
I am always wrong
MaroonStain said:

Aggie Dad Sip said:

SHU W
APP W
MIA W
ARK W
MSU L
ALA W
SCA W
MIS L
FLA W
AUB W
UMA W
LSU W

10-2

If we lose to both Miss schools, things are going to burn....A LOT of things...

I will personally burn many things if that happens.
Ugly
AG
20ag07 said:

Quote:

No one gives us credit bc we turned around and lost to 4 SEC teams the next yearplaying an easier schedule.

While blaming 20yo QBs.

Stacking the QB room happened, but you usually don't have three QBs with major-to-season-ending injuries by game 6.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Ugly said:

20ag07 said:

Quote:

While blaming 20yo QBs.

Stacking the QB room happened, but you usually don't have three QBs with major-to-season-ending injuries by game 6.

We only had one quarterback go down last season? The third string was a walk on and never played
20ag07
He's pretending like we lost to Arkansas and Miss St bc Stowers wasn't available.

We didn't…and this is why we don't get respect from podcasters until we win consistently.
HoustonAg2021
20ag07 said:

Quote:

All these announcers and podcast idiots know that if you just bad-mouth A&M you'll get all kinds of attention.
Just ignore them and don't feed the trolls and they'll eventually move on out of disinterest.
This is the ultimate victim complex.

Most media WANTS to see us get over the hump. They EXPECT us to get over the hump. Time and time again, they are flabbergasted why we can't do it. They keep predicting it has to happen. Just has to. "But until I see it, nah. Been playing this game 20+ years."

That take ain't wrong.

Correct. we love to underperform and finish unranked. Until we stack good seasons it'll be the narrative. Could've stacked last season to build off the 9-1 orange bowl win and we didn't. we went back to our usual 8-4 underperforming and the media jumped on it
He is Ass My Dude
Texagsubscriber said:

Here is the full video if you care.

Dude needs to go to the dentist. Don't watch while your eating.
AG
Dead on.

People get all offended and act as if there isn't over 80 years of historical precedent for these opinions.

bv86ag
AG
Why do people care what these podcasters say?
Just let Jimbo Fisher prove them wrong and disregard.
It's not a "victim complex" to just let these idiots run their mouths and ignore them.
All most Aggies care about is what happens on the field...not what some talking head has to say.
And i personally think Jimbo is on the way to changing the narrative anyways.

gigemags-99
AG
HoustonAg2106
AG
gigemags-99 said:

20ag07
Quote:

Why do people care what these podcasters say?
Just let Jimbo Fisher prove them wrong and disregard.
It's not a "victim complex" to just let these idiots run their mouths and ignore them.
All most Aggies care about is what happens on the field...not what some talking head has to say.
You posted multiple times on the thread, so it seems like you definitely do care.

It is a "victim complex" because you're saying, in your own words:
Quote:

Just another commentator trying to rile up Aggies to get more clicks.
It worked...somebody posted it here and everyone takes the bait.
Where has anybody lied?

"Most Aggies care about what they see on the field"…where have we seen it on the field?

Arguing that something is gonna happen, might, maybe , probably, sometime, THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED, ain't an arguable move. UNTIL IT HAPPENS.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.