Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Finebaum does it again

8,770 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ag Tag
Houstonag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Flipping channels and caught a Finebaum discussion with an Alabama redneck alleging some player on the recent recruit list was wealthy by now. He has tried to get information using freedom of information request and he has not been successful. Finebaum showed his love for Saban as follows: "Everything Saban said is true in one perspective." Well, Mr. Finebaum can you be more specific about that "one"? So Saban said every player on that team was bought and paid for.

Mr. Sankey, what are you going to do about that statement on the SEC Network?
AG
Why does anyone watch that guy? He wouldn't know a football from a foot stool.

He's a total f'n nerd.
SBISA Victim
AG
Not to mention other analysts ripping us
HoustonAg2106
AG
SBISA Victim said:

Everyone is ripping us in the media lately
AG
Because we're upsetting the order of things, crashing their little party.

F'em.

That's how you know you're actually becoming a threat to them and doing things right.
Anchorhold
Houstonag said:

Mr. Sankey, what are you going to do about that statement on the SEC Network?

Showstopper
AG
I want to agree with you, but I have no idea what is going on in your story.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Media is designed to create controversy, not to inform you. Life is better when you don't watch or listen to it.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Jlove1770
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

Media is designed to create controversy, not to inform you. Life is better when you don't watch or listen to it.

Life is so much better when you don't watch or listen to it. My problem is that I keep letting them draw me back in. I'm so much happier when I don't pay any attention to the turds of the world.
AgDotCom
Would you listen to a housewife tell you how to rebuild a transmission?

No?

Then why would you listen to a guy who never played football tell you about football?
JBGoode
AG
4 said:

We see visions of grandeur and we are mouthy about it.

The rest of the conference sees a school that ducked a bowl game, had 4 losses, called Saban a narcissist, and won't shut the hell up about tu.

Go figure.
Aggie1188
HoustonAg2106 said:

SBISA Victim said:

Lmao. Who? Brady Quinn's goofy ass? Lol. And since you are the Op of this thread, why don't you call in to Finebaum's show?
SBISA Victim said:

No, they're not. Stop playing the victim.
Aggie1188
JBGoode said:

4 said:

The rest of the conference sees a school that ducked a bowl game, had 4 losses, called Saban a narcissist, and won't shut the hell up about tu.

Go figure.
"ducked bowl game"…Literally 8 games were cancelled for Covid, goofy. Nobody gives af about that. 4 losses, shocker with a 52% passer. And who won't shut up about the Sips? Foh. And where is this mouth grandeur? Point me in the direction of it. You must have a national headline to point to.
Rule#2
AG
JBGoode said:

4 said:

Go figure.

How the **** does this only have 4 stars and is not the POTD, month or even history of Texags?
Rule#2
AG
4 said:

F'em.

That's how you know you're actually becoming a threat to them and doing things right.

Enough to quell all the " Fire Jimbo" threads after this year??
yeshellyes
AG
National media ripping us not just Texas media? We've come a long way!
bv86ag
AG
I would on one hand prefer the national media not to be discussing Texas A&M at all.
But on the other hand...when you have Nick Saban bad-mouthing A&M then the national media will just fall in lock step with him.
And A&M then gets discussed one way or the other.
But rest assured it's not just A&M that Saban is worried about.
His school and others just voted to let in t.u.
And Saban knows now there's no way in hell Bama can compete with t.u. NIL money.
So he makes it look like A&M is public enemy Number 1 because he's not stupid and even he can see what is about to happen.
And it's a last-minute desperation attempt for Saban to try to act like he's preserving college football "the way it used to be".
Which always benefitted Bama. No such thing as "competitive balance" in the old system...which is what he really wants.
So his "competitve balance" argument is bullshyte.
And Jimbo Fisher pointed that out when he said at media days "there will always haves and have-nots in college football.

Supposedly Sankey told both Saban and Fisher that "it's never going to be the way it was" per his interview at SEC media days.
I think that is informing Saban that he'd better get used to NIL and players getting paid..cause there is no going back now.
Especially since you just opened the door and let in the rattlesnake t.u.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Browsed through Finebaum's show podcasts from yesterday and the primary focus yesterday seemed to be ripping on the Tennessee boosters and fan base for Pruitt disaster. What Hour did he slip in this slight on A&M?
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Rule#2 said:

JBGoode said:

4 said:

Go figure.

How the **** does this only have 4 stars and is not the POTD, month or even history of Texags?

Because he's a sip troll that used his wife's credentials to get an Ag Tag.

Every post of his puts the Ags down.
SinKiller
bv86ag said:

I would on one hand prefer the national media not to be discussing Texas A&M at all.
But on the other hand...when you have Nick Saban bad-mouthing A&M then the national media will just fall in lock step with him.
And Saban knows now there's no way in hell Bama can compete with t.u. NIL money.
So he makes it look like A&M is public enemy Number 1 because he's not stupid and even he can see what is about to happen.
And it's a last-minute desperation attempt for Saban to try to act like he's preserving college football "the way it used to be".
Which always benefitted Bama. No such thing as "competitive balance" in the old system...which is what he really wants.
And Jimbo Fisher pointed that out when he said at media days "there will always haves and have-nots in college football.

Supposedly Sankey told both Saban and Fisher that "it's never going to be the way it was" per his interview at SEC media days.
I think that is informing Saban that he'd better get used to NIL and players getting paid..cause there is no going back now.

Why would Saban spend one second worrying about A&M? With the exception of two games, he's kicked the crap out us. Saban will be playing for yet another NC this year, he's not spending a second thinking about the Ags.
levypantsEOY
Emilio Fantastico said:

Because he's a sip troll that used his wife's credentials to get an Ag Tag.

Every post of his puts the Ags down.

And every post of yours is a baseless sip troll accusation.
Death, taxes, and Emilio Fantastico desperate to prove his loyalty by rooting out anyone not wearing their maroon sunglasses.
You're like the Joe McCarthy of the zoo.
dixichkn
AG
I think I wouldn't have nearly the problem I actually have with it if it weren't for the blatant hypocrisy.

A&M…….#1 class coming off a 9-1 season that would likely have been 11-2 or better had we played our regular lineup of games, followed by a 9-3* with a win over effing Alabama at a game that a sh** ton of recruits attended. Many top recruits in that class from the Houston area barely an hour away. Coach who has a NC skin on the wall and has consistently recruited top 10 if not top 5 classes wherever he's been.

Cue the allegations and outright disregard.

Our buddies up the road…….one Sugar Bowl win over a decimated and clearly disinterested Georgia team is the lone bright spot in their last 12 years of existence. Coming off a 5-7 season with a home loss to KANSAS for God's sake in what was supposed to be a springboard, turnaround season from the previous regime, provided by a coach who has exhibited nothing but utter mediocrity when given the chance. Having to unload tickets to their last home game for $2 a pop due to lack of interest.

Not an eyebrow raised in the media. Not one.

I'm not saying everyone should be bowing at our feet. Far from it. Gotta put the W's up when we're supposed to and clearly we haven't been doing that consistently enough. But there have at least been enough moments to give it an ounce of credence and we have compiled a top notch staff. There are at least REASONS.

But the media can't remove their lips from the puke orange dream……..
Pumpkinhead
AG
SinKiller said:

bv86ag said:

Why would Saban spend one second worrying about A&M? With the exception of two games, he's kicked the crap out us. Saban will be playing for yet another NC this year, he's not spending a second thinking about the Ags.
I hope this is true, all the way through the game in October!
TaxLawAg
Don't you love allegations made that are 1) without any evidence at all; and 2) made by people that are complete hypocrites like Saban?
TaxLawAg
SinKiller said:

bv86ag said:

Yeah..that's why he called us out specifically in front of his boosters.

Great take, Grantland Rice.
cevans_40
AG
JBGoode said:

4 said:

Go figure.

You forgot the part about beating Alabama head to head and then beating the whole nation in recruiting. But yeah other than that, you were close.
Citizen Reign
Aggie1188 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

SBISA Victim said:

Lmao. Who? Brady Quinn's goofy ass? Lol. And since you are the Op of this thread, why don't you call in to Finebaum's show?
SBISA Victim said:

No, they're not. Stop playing the victim.

I can't stand the victim card and simultaneously realize the media has, in fact, been ripping A&M.

It is possible to mention the media's take on a team without playing the victim. But yes, a lot of folks on here whine about it.

For example -- Brady Quinn's made several incredibly short-sided, if not moronic comments, about A&M's recruiting this yearas proof last year was paid for. Does he think Jimbo is done at 6 or 7 recruits this year? What a doofus!

Somehow, dumb Quinn failed to mention that A&M has a 92.08 (w/punter) average player rating while sipper has a 91.83 (no punter or kicker). Not that the few .00 points are a big deal ... just saying.

That's not a whining complaint, it is me pointing out how fn dumb Brady Quinn sounds and how stupid he will look when Jimbo brings home a small but highly rated group of recruits. I'd bet it's close to, if not higher than 93.00.

Suck it, Brady Quinn!
By it, I mean Jimbo's Jumbo.

Citizen Reign
JBGoode said:

4 said:

The rest of the conference sees a school that had 4 losses, called Saban a narcissist, and won't shut the hell up about tu.

Go figure.
90% of fanbases in P5 see visions of grandeur and are mouthy about it.

"'ducked a bowl game" - All team's fanbases use any ammo available on all other teams. Why would they not use that one?

"The rest of the conference sees a school that had 4 losses" They also see a program on the rise and are worried.

"Won't shut the hell up about tu." They will all soon learn why. Anyway, most teams seem enamored with horns down these days.
Eike Mlko
SinKiller said:

bv86ag said:

Wrong. He sees the future not the past, unlike tu.
He is Ass My Dude
Quick, name the teams that have beat Saban twice in the last ten years.

Saban worries about every single team on his schedule. That's why A&M is in such rare company.

Meanwhile, sip is losing to Kansas at home and completely wasting every high ranked class they recruit.
Citizen Reign

Quote:

Let me get this straight. You think Saban became the GOAT not spending a second worrying about teams on his schedule? LMAO!

Maybe that's what After Dark did last year and several other years in his career.
Ag Tag
He is Ass My Dude said:

Quick, name the teams that have beat Saban twice in the last ten years.

`Is it Ole Miss?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.