Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If you could flip one loss

9,892 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by dixichkn
LostInTheSchloss
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What singular game would you change the result from a loss to a win? Only rule is that the game must have ended within a single possession (ex: can't flip Bama '20)

My choice would be LSU 2012.
Teacher_Ag
AG
The one in the mid 90's when Zach Thomas ran back an interception against us at Jones.
AGBU94
AG
If I could flip the Greg hill cotton bowl fumble (fsu) that would change that game to a win. I believe that would be win would propel us forward. and nip the bas in the bud.
MaroonStain
AG
LostInTheSchloss said:

What singular game would you change the result from a loss to a win? Only rule is that the game must have ended within a single possession (ex: can't flip Bama '20)

There is only one answer to this question and I starred it.
Ol Jock 99
AG
LSU 12 in modern history for sure.

I've wondered what would have happened if we had beaten the sips in Austin in 98. It was a dog fight of a game. That is also the game Williams broke the rushing record, locked up the heisman, and ushered in the sips run that resulted in two MNC games and one trophy.
TxAg76
AG
Florida St in the Cotton Bowl
TxAg76
AG
or Tulsa, whatever year that was
Bob Knights Paper Hands
LSU 2012 is my pick as well.

I'd love to say ND 1992, but that one wasn't close. ND 1993 wouldn't have brought us an MNC, but probably given us a top-2 or 3 finish.
GoldenGun00
AG
LSU 2012 is the best choice, but Florida 2012 also would have given a shot at the championship, too.

Going way back, Texas 1940 might have been enough for back-to-back national championships, too.
NattyOrBust
AG
tu 2011. BS penalty extended their final drive. Just terrible.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Either of Florida or LSU in 2012, 92 Cotton Bowl against FSU, Notre Dame 94 Cotton Bowl, 2011 tu
#FJB
_mpaul
AG
TxAg76 said:

Both were the '91 season.
NyAggie
AG
_mpaul said:

TxAg76 said:

Both were the '91 season.

Tulsa 1991 is my pick

We win that one we have an undefeated regular season and match up with undefeated Miami in the cotton bowl instead of FSU

Had we won that, we are at least split national champs with Washington
bwmammoth
AG
2012 LSU or Florida. OR

2020 Bama
NathanChristie
AG
93-94 Cotton Bowl. The trick play at the end where had the ball not go over Leeland's head he would've scored for the win over the domers.
EliteZags
AG
NattyOrBust said:

LOL of all the meaningful games that could have propelled a program defining season finish you want one to put us 1 game over .500, this is what justifies the mockery of Aggies' obsession with Texas
Jimbo4win
AG
NattyOrBust said:

Username does not check out
NoHo Hank
AG
LostInTheSchloss said:

LSU 2012 is the only choice. Get rid of the Mike Evans penalty and we win that game. We win that and we are playing notre dame for the mnc. We would have smoked them like.... Well every SEC team that plays them in a meaningful game. Total no brainer.
aggiehawg
AG
NoHo Hank said:

LostInTheSchloss said:

LSU 2012 is the only choice. Get rid of the Mike Evans penalty and we win that game. We win that and we are playing notre dame for the mnc. We would have smoked them like.... Well every SEC team that plays them in a meaningful game. Total no brainer.
Agree but we would have to get past Georgia in the CCG first. I think Manziel could have done it but not sure Bertolet would come through in a pinch if needed.

Not to be a Debbie Downer but I rewatched some 2012 game highlights last night. He cost us.
Craigy
Florida 2012 . We didn't know good we were. Our idiot HC burned all THREE timeouts trying to ICE the best kicker in the country at the end of the first half. Of course he made the kick. We had around a minute left. Of course time ran out at the Florida 25 yard line to end the half.
Jimbo4win
AG
CraigSU84 said:

Florida 2012 . We didn't know good we were. Our idiot HC burned all THREE timeouts trying to ICE the best kicker in the country at the end of the first half. Of course he made the kick. We had around a minute left. Of course time ran out at the Florida 25 yard line to end the half.

Yes, and he missed the first kick! But Sumlin called a timeout first..brutal!!0
The Dog Lord
AG
LSU 2012 is more important than Florida 2012. It was last game of regular season so the last impression for rankings. They can forgive first game loss with new QB, coach, etc. a lot easier than final week loss.
DGrimesAg92
LSU or Florida 2012…..either of those and we win it all. Closest we've ever been.
Aggieair
The Dog Lord said:

LSU 2012 is more important than Florida 2012. It was last game of regular season so the last impression for rankings. They can forgive first game loss with new QB, coach, etc. a lot easier than final week loss.
LSU 2012 was not the last game of the season. We didn't start playing LSU during rivalry week until 2014. We played Mizzou last during 2012-2013.

But yes, the LSU game was more important as it was a mid-season game.

2012 LSU is the obvious answer. The question is more interesting if you make it about each year though.

2021 - LSU. We got jobbed.
2020 - N/A
2019 - Georgia. We got jobbed.
2018 - Clemson. Tough break on that fumble.
2017 - Wake Forest. Any other game would've resulted in Sumlin staying.
2016 - Mississippi State. Trevor Knight doesn't get injured.
2015 - Louisville is the only option. Everything else was greater than 1 score.
2014 - LSU. We got jobbed.
2013 - Mizzou. This is tough, but that was our last game, and they were ranked 5. Definitely would've helped in the end of season rankings and bowl selection.
2012 - LSU obviously
2011 - Sip, assuming we still move on from Sherman.
2010 - Oklahoma St. Arkansas would be tempting, but beating Okie Lite puts us in the final Big 12 championship game.
The Dog Lord
AG
Didn't remember playing Mizzu in 2012. Actually don't remember playing them since 2011, and I only remember that one since I was there!
Aggieair
I remember watching all of it, because that was the last game that could effect Johnny's Heisman candidacy. We beat down Mizzou easily as we were the hottest team in the country at that point, but everyone's heart stopped when Johnny tweaked his knee. We all breathed a sigh of relief when he came back in later with a brace on and scored.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
The Dog Lord said:

Didn't remember playing Mizzu in 2012. Actually don't remember playing them since 2011, and I only remember that one since I was there!
We literally played Mizzou in 2021.
#FJB
My Name Is Judge
2013 auburn

Yea I'm sure there's other losses like 2012 that would've produced greater wholistic season outcomes…

But for whatever reason, 2013 auburn pisses me off the most
caleblyn
2012 LSU. IN FACT, change one play…the doink offb Evans' chest that was intercepted and returned 30ish yards. Catch that pass and he runs in for a TD. LSU scored a td about 4 plays later. That is a 14 point swing.
rootube
AG
AGBU94 said:

If I could flip the Greg hill cotton bowl fumble (fsu) that would change that game to a win. I believe that would be win would propel us forward. and nip the bas in the bud.

I think about that game a lot. Unfortunately a win would only have accelerated the investigations.
Lake08
In 12, we were the best team in the country
ApachePilot
AG
2012 LSU.
1975 Arkansas
1998 tu

I'd take any of those
The Dog Lord
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

The Dog Lord said:

We literally played Mizzou in 2021.

And yet I still remember nothing…
maroongoon95
AG
1940 sip game. We were heavy favorites. We win that game We 99% chance win 2nd natty in row, and no curse forever on. That particular game started all the WTF losses, and began the curse.
W
AG
I've always thought the 6-point loss to Colorado at Kyle in 2000...was the beginning of the end of the R.C. era.

that was a terrible loss.

A&M would have been 8-1 going into the November showdown vs. #1 OU
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.