Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Would you support ND to SEC? (No inside info, just speculation)

4,174 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by The Chicken Ranch
IrishAg2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As a Domer and an Aggie (a graduate of both), I see the writing on the wall here. USC and UCLA to the B1G will force ND to join a conference. While the B1G makes sense both regionally and preserving the USC rivalry, the historic black-balling of the Irish by the B1G (due to anti-Catholic and anti-immigrant bigotry) makes me say - screw them I'd rather see the Irish in the SEC.

Would y'all be open to the Irish joining the SEC?

William_C_G
AG
Yes, but this will never happen.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
I wouldn't really care. If the SEC adds schools though I'd much rather it be schools that piss off the rest of the SEC after they all stabbed A&M in the back. Florida State, Miami, Clemson, Louisville and Georgia Tech for example.
HoustonAg2021
No.
Sq 17
Can we throw out USCe or possibly both the MS schools
Timberwolf
AG
Really bad cultural and geographic fit there. Much more aligned with B10. I say no.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
ND wants no part of the competition in the SEC.
Ag Tag
Sq 17 said:

How do you expel charter members of the SEC, Ole Miss and Mississippi State, and on what grounds?
oldcrow91
AG
Sq 17 said:

I hope we play USCe every year!
LostInTheSchloss
AG
With all due respect, f*** no!
Ag Tag
I cut and pasted this from ESPN: Notre Dame currently has a deal with the ACC stating that, should the school join a conference full-time, it must be the ACC.
kbarj
AG
It would be an interesting move for my family. My oldest son and his wife went to ND. My wife and I went A&M, and his in-laws are Auburn grads. It would add a little more spice to the season.
Bill '77
Bob Knights Paper Hands
No. **** ND. I'd love to see us add V Tech, Clemson, UNC.
Turf96
No way we have enough bad calls coming our way with TU joining. Don't need another team given status with little to no proof. Recent playoff proves why I say. No way ND beat A&M that year but politics says ND needed favor. We need to settle football on field not in governing offices
ABATTBQ11
AG
**** Notre Dame
Jimbo4win
AG
Why does it force ND to join a conference? It seems like they can just keep moving right along as they were. No big deal..
Sponge
AG
Yes. ND in a garbage conference means they can more easily go undefeated and get in to the playoffs. Move them to the sec and they will get their ass kicked every other weekend.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Yes because Notre Dame will have to play 9 SEC games, and that will mean 3 or more losses. They can no longer go 12-0 or 11-1.
HECUBUS
AG
The SEC has gone full dumpster fire. Who cares? There is nothing worse and no recovery from bailing out ESiPN.
SEC Champs
AG
IrishAg2011 said:

As a Domer and an Aggie (a graduate of both), I see the writing on the wall here. USC and UCLA to the B1G will force ND to join a conference. While the B1G makes sense both regionally and preserving the USC rivalry, the historic black-balling of the Irish by the B1G (due to anti-Catholic and anti-immigrant bigotry) makes me say - screw them I'd rather see the Irish in the SEC.

Would y'all be open to the Irish joining the SEC?

Ironically, the Southern Bible Belt conference may be the only one to take a catholic school at this point. I didn't think the Big 10 could get any more woke than what we saw in 2020, but it's about to move even further left. You might as well name the emerging two super-conferences the Yanks and the Rebs.

That being said, Cincinnati and Notre Dame would be a good pick-up for the ACC. In fact, I think it's the only move they have left to keep on par with the big TV contracts for the SEC and Big Ten.
West Point Aggie
AG
**** northern Indiana catholic…
Let’s Go Brandon!
No.

Note: I don't support Texas to the SEC either.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Ag Tag said:

I cut and pasted this from ESPN: Notre Dame currently has a deal with the ACC stating that, should the school join a conference full-time, it must be the ACC.
Or else what?
Gump 02
AG
Sq 17 said:

Not the Miss schools - they have won the last 2 CWS. USCe, yes.
BMX Bandit
South Carolina won it back to back just a decade ago

Also, college baseball has ZERO impact on conference realignment
LMCane
Emilio Fantastico said:

ND wants no part of the competition in the SEC.
100%

that is why they are trying to stay in the ACC

but eventually money talks and hopefully ND will go to Big Ten. which historically they have played for a century
Bison
AG
gotsand said:

Ag Tag said:

Or else what?
Or else they have to pay exit fees, just like one would if one left a conference prior to the expiration of secondary and tertiary broadcast rights.

Wait...

Yep, they gone. The exit fees probably will be significantly less than the increased revenue from joining the B1G. And ND is more aligned now to the [gleichschaltung] worldview of the B1G faculty than they were back in the days when (Methodist) Northwestern and (Baptist) UChicago vetoed their application.

The only issue then would be, if this is what goes down, does the B1G add yet another school (UNC: AAU, football getting stronger, MBB blueblood, but potentially joined at hip to NCState), or does it boot someone? If the latter, my money would actually be on Nebraska. Poor TV audience, no recent football excellence, invisible in other major sport, and "last in, first out."
AggieOO
West Point Aggie said:

**** northern Indiana catholic…
you put it much more nicely than i would have.
BMX Bandit
But the grant of rights is not for football. Notre Dame can play football where ever it wants and not pay anything
Bobcat-Ag
Yes, but only if they play Brian Kelly and LSU every year.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
Yes ND Clemson and Fl state
TAMUallen
AG
Never
agnerd
AG
Sq 17 said:

Now you're thinking like a t-sip. Can't kick them out, but you can take the best teams and form a "new" conference. I've been saying from the beginning that t.u. will at least try it in the future.
Ags77
AG
Notre Dame ... yes. If more expansion is coming, Notre Dame is the top prize.
Jimbo4win
AG
Ags77 said:

Notre Dame ... yes. If more expansion is coming, Notre Dame is the top prize.

This. Notre Dame, Clemson, Duke and UNC would be huge for football, basketball, and academics. Florida St and Miami would thug up the place..which is sad because Miami is an excellent school.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.