Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Permanent rival

23,322 Views | 158 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Jarrin' Jay
BertramAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Too much money to be made to not play tu every year. When decisions are actually made and they look at the economics it will happen. No way tu and A&M leave that money on the table.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
When the 3/6 eventually goes in it might just be like pods. Aggies, LSU, Miss Miss St.
Tu, ou, Ark. Mizzu
Bama, Aub, Tenn, Vandy.
Ga, Florida, SC kent.

BGAg1997
AG
I thought when we made the hundred year decision to join the SEC we were gonna play the likes of Bama, Auburn, UGA, Tennessee, LSU, and Florida every year. CFBs royalty. Don't need to play Boomer or sips. They are leaches.
OriolePete
LincolnBorglum79 said:

When the 3/6 eventually goes in it might just be like pods. Aggies, LSU, Miss Miss St.
Tu, ou, Ark. Mizzu
Bama, Aub, Tenn, Vandy.
Ga, Florida, SC kent.

ROFL
maver1ck
AG
LincolnBorglum79 said:

Tu, ou, Ark. Mizzu
Bama, Aub, Tenn, Vandy.
Ga, Florida, SC kent.

It's not gonna be like pods. Every team will have 3 different teams they play.
W
AG
BGAg1997 said:

I thought when we made the hundred year decision to join the SEC we were gonna play the likes of Bama, Auburn, UGA, Tennessee, LSU, and Florida every year. CFBs royalty. Don't need to play Boomer or sips. They are leaches.
this is what was so disappointing when Sankey trampled the A&M administration.

it's back to the days of the Big 12.

the future seasons in which A&M plays OU, MU, and t.u. in the same year...and maybe all 3 at home...yuck
NyAggie
AG
W said:

BGAg1997 said:

the future seasons in which A&M plays OU, MU, and t.u. in the same year...and maybe all 3 at home...yuck
it's actually going to be better with the new scheduling because with the current scheduling we have been in the league for 10 years and have still not hosted georgia and played some teams like kentucky and uga only 1 time in 10 years.

with the new scheduling we will be playing all teams at least every other year, hosting all teams at least once every 4 years and visting every team at least once every 4 years.

it will actually feel much more like one conference than it does now.

right now it feels like SEC west is one league and east is another.

rootube
AG
NyAggie said:

W said:

BGAg1997 said:

it's actually going to be better with the new scheduling because with the current scheduling we have been in the league for 10 years and have still not hosted georgia and played some teams like kentucky and uga only 1 time in 10 years.

with the new scheduling we will be playing all teams at least every other year, hosting all teams at least once every 4 years and visting every team at least once every 4 years.

I agree 100%. I also think the 3-6 model is a good one. Why force teams into pods if there are better fits with other opponents? This will make scheduling kind of complicated though.
NyAggie
AG
rootube said:

NyAggie said:

W said:

BGAg1997 said:

I agree 100%. I also think the 3-6 model is a good one. Why force teams into pods if there are better fits with other opponents? This will make scheduling kind of complicated though.

I don't think the scheduling will be that complicated

Once you set it up, you just flip flop from playing one group of 6 to home and away to plsying the other group home and away

Or you can play one group of 6 and then the other then do it again only flipping the home and away

It's similar to how the big12 scheduling was where were played 3 teams home and away then played another 3 teams home and away

rootube
AG
NyAggie said:

rootube said:

NyAggie said:

W said:

BGAg1997 said:

I don't think the scheduling will be that complicated

Once you set it up, you just flip flop from playing one group of 6 to home and away to plsying the other group home and away

Or you can play one group of 6 and then the other then do it again only flipping the home and away

It's similar to how the big12 scheduling was where were played 3 teams home and away then played another 3 teams home and away

If I understand it correctly (could be a stretch) every single team could theoretically have three different permanent rival games. How on earth is this similar to any version of B12 scheduling?
Showstopper
AG
He means that how we scheduled the Big 12 North (relative to us) would be applied to each team's 12 non-rivals. It's not that complicated.
rootube
AG
Showstopper said:

He means that how we scheduled the Big 12 North (relative to us) would be applied to each team's 12 non-rivals. It's not that complicated.

Except that it's literally nothing like the B12. There are no permanent games between every team like a pod or division and there is no other set division to rotate through. I realize it's obviously possible but it will make for some weird shuffling that is not really comparable to anything any conference does today.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Looks like the ACC just rolled out its own 3-5-5 schedule

Thanks and gig'em
YNWA.2013
Potential arrangement for 3-6 scheduling model :

ALABAMA
- Auburn (Iron Bowl)
- Miss St (Battle for Highway 82)
- Tennessee (3rd Saturday In October) [Great Rivalry name btw]

ARKANSAS
- LSU (Golden Boot)
- Mizzou (Battle Line Rivalry)
- Texas A&M (Southwest Classic)

AUBURN
- Alabama (Iron Bowl)
- Georgia (Deep South's Oldest Rivalry)
- Ole Miss

FLORIDA
- Georgia (World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party) [another great name]
- LSU
- t.u.

GEORGIA
- Auburn (Deep South's Oldest Rivalry)
- Florida (World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party)
- Vanderbilt

KENTUCKY
- South Carolina
- Tennessee
- Vanderbilt

LSU
- Arkansas (Golden Boot)
- Florida
- Texas A&M

MIZZOU
- Arkansas (Battle Line Rivalry)
- OU (Tiger-Sooner Peace Pipe)
- South Carolina (Battle for Columbia)

MISS ST
- Alabama
- Ole Miss (Egg Bowl)
- South Carolina

OLE MISS
- Auburn
- Miss St (Egg Bowl)
- OU

OU
- Mizzou (Tiger-Sooner Peace Pipe)
- Ole Miss
- t.u. (Red River Showdown)

SOUTH CAROLINA
- Kentucky
- Mizzou
- Miss St

TEXAS A&M
- Arkansas (Southwest Classic)
- LSU
- t.u. (Lone Star Showdown)

t.u.
- Florida
- OU (Red River Showdown)
- Texas A&M (Lone Star Showdown)

TENNESSEE
- Alabama (3rd Saturday In October)
- Kentucky
- Vanderbilt

VANDERBILT
- Georgia
- Kentucky
- Tennessee

NOTABLE RIVALRIES LOST WITH THIS ARRANGEMENT :
- Auburn v LSU (Tiger Bowl)
- Ole Miss v LSU (Magnolia Bowl)

This is obviously my preference with maroon glasses. But I could see the powers that be sticking us with OU and dropping LSU in order to keep the Magnolia Bowl
-FTA c/o 2013
maver1ck
AG
It actually sounds like A&M would get tu, LSU, and one of the Mississippi schools rather than Arky
NyAggie
AG
rootube said:

Showstopper said:

Except that it's literally nothing like the B12. There are no permanent games between every team like a pod or division and there is no other set division to rotate through. I realize it's obviously possible but it will make for some weird shuffling that is not really comparable to anything any conference does today.

It is, it's just 3 teams you play every year in the sec vs 5 teams you played every year in the big12

Big 12 rotated the other 6 3 and 3, sec will rotate the other 10 5 and 5

Only difference is no divisions so top 2 in the entire conference face off in the title game rather than division winners

So Ftom a scheduling perspective it's essentially the same with "permanent rivals" taking the place of your "division" opponents
carl spacklers hat
YNWA.2013 said:

Potential arrangement for 3-6 scheduling model :

This is obviously my preference with maroon glasses. But I could see the powers that be sticking us with OU and dropping LSU in order to keep the Magnolia Bowl
This would be a missed opportunity, IMO. LSU/A&M is WAY more appealing, to both schools. What's the drive time to BR from College Station, 6 hours or so? There is enough history between the schools that it is already a real rivalry. OU is meh. Let the meth-heads play tu, Arky and Mizzoura every year.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Bryanisbest
AG
We can't not play tu every year. This is the way we will pound them down into long term submission. Can't avoid it. Shouldn't even try to. Thanksgiving every year just like it used to be. I didn't want them in SEC. But now that they are in, gotta play em.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
BertramAg99 said:

Too much money to be made to not play tu every year. When decisions are actually made and they look at the economics it will happen. No way tu and A&M leave that money on the table.

That line of thinking does not make any sense. The football program, Ath. Dept., etc. makes the same amount of $$ when we play USCe or Miss. State or Vandy as we do playing t.u. if the game is sold out. The TV $$ is the same for every conference game. If the stadium is sold out it doesn't matter who the opponent is. The local B/CS community and economy may make a few extra $$ when we play cow, but not the actual football program / Ath. Dept.

Anyway, t.u, will be one of our permanent opponents. I am hoping for a 3-6 model with cow, LSU and Pig. I do not want to play both cow and OU every year at the expense of playing traditional SEC teams.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.