Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Coach Fisher press conference NOW

15,249 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by annie88
FriskyGardenGnome
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

schmellba99 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Didn't Jimbo speak out in opposition to NIL?
I think so.

And Saban was against the transfer portal. Except he uses the hell out of it now.
And NIL..didn't he brag about how much his Qb is paid?
And, he railed against the no-huddle offense before hiring a guy to implement it for him.
burdt
AG
Jimbo directly insinuating that saban's program is dirty and folks that want to know should dig into his past is... pretty... Wow.

But can anyone believe that the bama dynasty has been going on as long as it has without any recruiting f__kery going on behind the scenes?
gtaggie_08
AG
SEC Press Conference Ratings:
1a. Petrino neck brace/road rash presser
1b. Jimbo calling out Saban

2. Every other press conference. Nothing is even close to these two
ABATTBQ87
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

schmellba99 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Didn't Jimbo speak out in opposition to NIL?
I think so.

And Saban was against the transfer portal. Except he uses the hell out of it now.
And NIL..didn't he brag about how much his Qb is paid?
"Our QB has already approached ungodly numbers, and he hasn't even played yet," Saban said, per Chris Hummer of 247Sports. "If I told you what it is … it's almost 7-figures.

"And it's like, the guy hasn't even played yet. But that's because of our brand."

Alabama QB Bryce Young making 'ungodly' income from NIL deals
LMCane
cecil77 said:

If Saban has the chance-

he is going to be scoring a touchdown with 15 seconds left in the game and then going for two against the Aggies. No matter what the score is.
PhatMack19
AG

Spotted Ag
AG
gtaggie_08 said:

Umm, let me remind you of this.

Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
MarylandAG
So that ***** Saban makes those comments than tries to call Jimbo, an tell him exactly what? What a *****!!!
usmcbrooks
up-n-aTm said:

Woah- Jimbo went scorched earth. Damn......
cecil77
AG
LMCane said:

cecil77 said:

If Saban has the chance-

he is going to be scoring a touchdown with 15 seconds left in the game and then going for two against the Aggies. No matter what the score is.

That's Saban.

We're the ones filled with resolve.
Deputy Travis Junior
Aggie12B
AG
Only thing that Jimbo said that I don't agree with is when he said (at the 15:20 mark) the government needs to get involved.

Nothing good would come out of that
The government only does 2 things:
1) F*** things up
2) get rich at taxpayer's expense
Whirligigs
Oh I expect all sorts of crap to come down on us now.
WestTexAg12
AG
Aggie12B said:

Only thing that Jimbo said that I don't agree with is when he said (at the 15:20 mark) the government needs to get involved.

Nothing good would come out of that

Maybe he meant the governing body of the NCAA…

Idk, just trying to make it sound good in my head because you're right. Our government could screw up a wet dream.
EllisCoAg
AG
we are at DEFCON 1, gentlemen, get to your battle stations.
InsomniAg
AG
The transcript is just going to be sentence fragments in all caps. He is so pissed.
StinkyPinky
AG
Well, there goes my productive work day. I guess there's tomorrow…
TXAGBQ76
AG
The government is already working involved- from Congress to the Supreme Court (go re-watch the hearings from a year or two ago). NIL exists because Congress and the Supreme Court said players should get paid.

Seven state governments have enacted laws that allow this.

The government needs to make some rules that govern this and keeps the playing field even. Lord knows the NCAA doesn't have the stomach/balls to go it.
BMX Bandit
He meant the federal government, and they will get involved. The big conferences want them to.
HSEAG13
BMX Bandit said:

He meant the federal government, and they will get involved. The big conferences want them to.

But if I were a college athlete right now, get paid sir, while you can make the most of it.
BMX Bandit
The Supreme Court has said nothing about NIL. That case specifically did not deal with NIL.

NIL came to a head last year Because Florida passed a law saying it's teams could not be in the NCAA if it did not allow NIL. California was the first to pass a law, but Florida had the earliest date of enactment.
Bonfire97
AG
I don't blame Jimbo a bit for anything he said. Saban threw the first punch here. He could have complained about all the NIL stuff without calling A&M out. Good for Jimbo for hitting back.
TXAGBQ76
AG
My point is state and federal government is already deep in the issue of paying players. It's too late to say I don't want them involved.
Citizen Reign
Deputy Travis Junior said:

USCw is line 1
Buckeye is on line 2
OU is on line 3
Oregon is on line 4
etc.....

What is the difference between under-the-table money and a taller stack of under-the-table money?
StinkyPinky
AG
I'd kill to hear Saban's voicemails to Jimbo. And you know there are more than one with drastically changing tones
Agsgirl
ABATTBQ87 said:

Jimbo is PISSED!!!
Beats the Sumlin blank death stare and the accompanying smirk. I hated that look...
Houstonag
AG
Alabama has done things under the table for many years. Even with Bryant the alumnus would do all kind of things. They do not like TAMU for if all sports are taken into consideration we stand up very well in the SEC. Alabama wanted the sips in the SEC so it would hurt TAMU recruiting. That is why Sankey confided in Alabama when the sips approached.

Jimbo wants a level playing field and it is not in other sports like track and baseball. Arkansas and Vanderbilt provide more scholarships due to their institution programs.
jokershady
AG
Meanwhile the tsips with all their unethical shenanigans waiting to join the SEC watching this today are all like:

Aggie12B
AG
StinkyPinky
AG
Aggie12B said:

That is Gold!
Rock1982
AG
One of our bros needs to edit and post the Survivor gif, labeling the girl on the left Ole Miss, the girl on the right Bama, and the grinning dude Texas A&M
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Jimbo Fisher held an excellent press conference in ripping Nick Saban. These football recruits did not come to Texas A&M for the money. They received offers from numerous other schools, but they committed to Texas A&M because they want to play for Jimbo Fisher and be part of the Aggie network.

I am not surprised that Nick Saban would accuse Texas A&M of buying every recruit. He knows Texas A&M is Alabama's biggest threat to winning the SEC West. Winning the SEC West would require beating Alabama and finishing with no more than one conference loss. If we win the SEC West, we will have to beat Georgia in the SEC Championship Game to punch a ticket to the College Football Playoffs. Hopefully, we can achieve these goals by 2023.
northeastag
AG
He essentially called Saban a cheater multiple times. I hope he has something to back it up.

I wanted to beat Bama before this, but I want to beat the crap out of them now.
Bunk Moreland
gtaggie_08 said:

Oh how we forget....

AtlAg05
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

gtaggie_08 said:

Oh how we forget....

Okie Lite is in the SEC now too?!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.