Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Help me pick my top 3 A&M sports cards to display

5,451 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ginormus Ag
OriolePete
How long do you want to ignore this user?

I need to pick 3 of these cards to be on display together. I will collect more Aggie cards over time but this is what I have so far from the last couple of years.

I've been going back and forth on which I want so figured I'd let texags help. You're all bored anyway.

To me, Acie Law must in top 3, but maybe I'm wrong.

The Stephen McGee card Is going to be tricky for the frame I have but I can make it work if you say it must be included.

Anyway, I got nothing better to do than bother yall.

Reggie McNeal auto RC
Johnny Manziel auto RC
Reggie McNealb auto RC #2
Von Miller RC
Kevin Smith auto RC
Stephen McGee auto RC
Acie Law IV auto RC
TM5* auto RC
Ray Mickens auto RC
Quentin Coryatt auto RC
Dante Hall auto
Myles Garrett/Von Miller dual card
OriolePete

This is the frame I bought from goodwill yesterday that had 3 Favre cards in it with a green background. So I put in an older Kyle Field backdrop instead.
impavidus
AG
Put the 3 cards that mean the most to you regarding your time at A&M. Reggie, Law and T Murph remind me of my time in college the most.

The view, sound and even smell of college sports. I
My knowledge of sports was high before A&M, but not college sports. We weren't very good, but those 3 taught me a lot about what it means to be an Agggie.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Tough.
If wearing A&M jersey: Von, JFF, Acie
Otherwise: Von, Myles, Hall
OriolePete
I'm not sure why Coryatt signed a Buckley card though.
He is Ass My Dude
Johnny Manziel auto RC
Von Miller RC
Kevin Smith auto RC
rootube
AG
Reggie home jersey
Coryatt
Mickens
war hymn aggie
AG
I've been collecting sportcards of Aggies for several years and have quite a few duplicate cards that I could sell for little of nothing (far less than even on ebay).

Lemme know if you are interested in buying or trading.
Matsui
AG
Mickens for sure
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
If I was putting this together, I'd go with Kevin Smith and Quentin Coryatt for the first two, since those two guys were closest to my actual time at Texas A&M. For the third, I'd go with Terrance Murphy, which admittedly seems a bit out of left field until I recall that my Dad, Classes of '60 and '05, crossed the stage at Reed Arena in December 2005 right behind Murphy, so kinda a personal connection there.
#FJB
NoahAg
war hymn aggie said:

I've been collecting sportcards of Aggies for several years and have quite a few duplicate cards that I could sell for little of nothing (far less than even on ebay).

I'm in. I've been trying to collect rookie cards for every Aggie. Mainly focused on football and basketball. Have any Alex Caruso? Maybe a long shot but I still need. Yale Lary.
Let's go, Brandon!
Vepp
acie
OriolePete
I realize now I need to get a JFF A&M uni auto, Aaron Glenn auto and John Roper auto.

Good input so far. I think I agree with A&M uni cards as they look better on the Kyle Field background. That also makes me want to keep Acie out of this and find something else for his card. I'm sure it wouldn't bother most people but I don't want to put a football stadium behind a basketball player. I'm probably going with Coryatt, McNeal home jersey and Mickens. I'll never forget the hit, my favorite game I attended at Kyle was beating OU with Reggie to Porter and I might like Kevin Smith a tad more than Ray Ray, but I'll take him in his A&M uni to keep the theme.

Maybe I'll find an Acie Law signed basketball ball 1 day to put with the card in a display. Or I can find a way to put it with my "The Shot" poster.
Womackster
AG
Personally, I'd definitely go with some of the autographed.

I'd probably pick Reggie, Coryatt, and Dante Hall.

Nice collection.
NoahAg
If I can, I go for autographed rookie cards, preferably in their Aggie uniform. Pretty easy to find for recent players. If I can figure it out I'll post picks of my favorites. I've got a few low serial numbered autographs.

One of my favorites is Jake Matthews w/ the inscription "It was an honor to help protect Johnny Manziel." lol
Let's go, Brandon!
war hymn aggie
AG
NoahAg said:

war hymn aggie said:

I'm in. I've been trying to collect rookie cards for every Aggie. Mainly focused on football and basketball. Have any Alex Caruso? Maybe a long shot but I still need. Yale Lary.
No Caruso but I might have a duplicate or 2 of Yale Lary, tho.
12thmanfootball
AG
Coryatt
Coryatt
Coryatt
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Dat, Reggie, Mcgee, for me. Others are Bullcrap
Athanasius
AG
AgfromHOU
AG
Reggie, Mickens, T-Murph
FarmerJohn
AG
This is an odd thing to say for the football forum, but Acie and then figure out the other two.
NoahAg
I'd go Reggie, McGee, and T-Murph or Coryatt. Definitely Acie if he had his Aggie uniform. Like this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/403551204554?hash=item5df586b4ca:g:5aAAAOSwUuhiNX1m

Reggie, McGee, and JFF would be cool, again if it was JFF in an Aggie uniform.
Let's go, Brandon!
NoahAg
war hymn aggie said:

NoahAg said:

war hymn aggie said:

Oh, if it's one of these 1952 rookie I'm certainly interested!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yale_Lary
Let's go, Brandon!
Ginormus Ag
AG
If you bought those off of eBay within the past 3 years, I was probably bidding against you. And, I hate you.
Username checks out.
FamousAgg
Need to add Tannehill, Kirk, Evans, Nguyen, Lechler
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
My favorite card …
OriolePete
Ginormus Ag said:

If you bought those off of eBay within the past 3 years, I was probably bidding against you. And, I hate you.

Yep that would probably be me lol all ebay within last 2 years.
Nino Brown
That Coryatt card though.
war hymn aggie
AG
NoahAg said:

war hymn aggie said:

NoahAg said:

war hymn aggie said:

Oh, if it's one of these 1952 rookie I'm certainly interested!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yale_Lary
No duplicates on this card, both large & small versions. Sorry.
Keep looking on ebay. It's your best bet for a decent price.
FamousAgg
Here are a few of my favorites. I want to add an autograph of Evans, Tannehill, Nguyen and a few others
FamousAgg
Also I have doubled up on a few players so if anyone wants to do some trading here are the auto/patch cards I would be interested in trading.
HowdyGetRowdy409
Love the cards, but don't think you want me to post my collection it may take a while...
Bag
AG
Bag
AG

FamousAgg
I'm interested to see some more aggie cards
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.