Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

On a scale of 0-100 how high are your expectations this season?

9,339 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Batty
jonb02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm like at a solid 93.
“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.” - John Adams

“It is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they’ve been fooled” - Mark Twain
Funky Winkerbean
AG
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
jrgypsum
greg.w.h
AG
Is 93 an A or a B???

I'm not sure what an artificial index of expectations is supposed to mean in terms of outcomes. Maybe just way too early predictions would convey the same sentiment???
The number scale makes no sense and is irrelevant.

My expectation is 6-2 (or better) in conference play.
aggieclay
There are too many factors that people are expecting to be better that could be worse.
#1 WRs cant catch
#2 New DC
#3 Youth on D (although athletic)
#4 LBs
#5 Did I mention the WRs still can't catch?
#6 Jimbo's O (is he wise enough to feed the hot-hand)
Corn Pop
aeon-ag
Ag_B_10
AG
BaileyAg
AG
75 seems about right
MaroonStain
AG
I'm always 9-3 guy so I'll go with 93.
AWP 97
AG
I'm 100 percent positive that my expectations won't be met. That's how I survive Aggie football every year.
Ag Tag
jonb02 said:

I'm like at a solid 93.
You're more optimistic than me, I've settled in at 91.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I've determined that it's fruitless to make predictions about wins and losses given the years I've been watching the Ags. I recall looking at the inaugural SEC schedule, seeing @ Auburn, @ State, @ Bama and thinking 1-2 over that stretch was the absolute best we could have hoped for. Of course, the actual results varied considerably en route to the best season the Ags had had since 1998.

Having said that, I do expect to see a whole lot of winning this season.
#FJB
FamousAgg
This high…
Alpha Texan
AG
85. I trust us to defend the run and the pass well, and I expect us to run the ball well, but I only have about half confidence that one of these QBs blossoms into a great player this year.
Jevertson
AG
The other unknown is level of competition. There are a lot of new coaches and/or QBs on our schedule…are they going to compete quickly or not have their system/personnel/etc in place yet…

I think we get to at least 10 wins including bowl season. Past that is where it gets cloudy
fosterag
AG
92% (11-1) plus a bowl win. We have the talent.
sandcrob
AG
I'm at 102.

10-2 regular season should be expected.

Sam is Sam.
App state will be a nice warm up.
Miami has a new coach.
Arkansas has our attention and lost their WR.
Miss State also has our attention.
Bama is going to be a monster and on the road.
South Carolina has a new QB, a new personality & same players.
Auburn is treading water.
Ole Miss doesn't have a QB
Florida has a new coach plus we get them at Kyle.
U Mass will be a Chris Marshall 4 TD game.
LSU will be a beautiful redemption.

Likely scenario. Lose to bama. Lose a road game we shouldn't to the cowbells, auburn or arkie. Finish 10-2 with a a NY6 bowl.

Of course… all of this assumes effective reliable (not exceptional) QB play… if we don't get that again then It'll be a long frustrating season for the second consecutive year.
"I don't know how to put this but...I'm kind of a big deal"
Leander - Ag
AG
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Over 9000
aggieclay
I just want us to stay healthy!
Alpha Texan
AG
I'm in your boat. 9-3, barring another major injury situation, would leave me a bit disappointed. It would mean we lost 2 games to good teams, but the athletic department and boosters have invested to the point that we can't excuse losing multiple games each year that we should win. I'm not gonna scream to fire jimbo if we go 9-3 because he's still building a brighter future on the recruiting trail, and he's proven himself to be among the best at his job, but I will be a bit disappointed if we don't hit double digit wins.
TyperWoods
85 for 2022
95 for 2023
99 for 2024
jsmc71
AG
76.92...9-3 regular season and bowl win
ABATTBQ87
AG
mitchdpm
AG
'bout tree-fiddy
cavscout96
AG

TX_Aggie37
AG
This is a big season for Jimbo. In my opinion with the talent on campus and going into his 5th year the expectation should be 10 wins from here on out. If we have another dud of a year then there will be some questions and rightfully so.

I believe Jimbo is a great football coach and I think he'll be here until the end of his current deal at least, but if we have another 8-4 or even 9-3 year REGARDLESS of injuries or anything else then it will be a massive disappointment.

2023 and beyond is when the expectation to compete for a conference and ultimately national title on an annual basis should be legitimate. The #1 class in history will be in year 2 and making a serious impact on the field. If we aren't in Atlanta after the 2023 regular season then I'll really start to wonder if Jimbo is capable of getting us there.
EllisCoAg
AG
eleventy billion
BSCE84ag
AG
besag7984
102 min
SECTAMU#1
Alpha Texan
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

I believe Jimbo is a great football coach and I think he'll be here until the end of his current deal at least, but if we have another 8-4 or even 9-3 year REGARDLESS of injuries or anything else then it will be a massive disappointment.
If QB1, Achane, Stewart, and Antonio Johnson (just to pick 4 starters out of the pool) were to each miss 4-6 games apiece, I can understand dropping down to like a 9-3 season. I wouldn't put a big ol', ALL CAPS GANG "REGARDLESS," out there.
TexanJeff
AG

I still remember the last two times we played a crappy Miami team and made them look all universe
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.