Story Poster
Texas A&M Football

The Loochador Podcast: Harold Perkins' decommitment, Ags in the NFL & more

January 24, 2022

In this edition of the Loochador Podcast, Billy Liucci and David Nuño share their thoughts on five-star recruit Harold Perkins‍’‍ decommitment from A&M, what the future holds for A&M's historic recruiting class ahead of NSD and Aggies in this past weekend's NFL Divisional Round.

Subscribe to The Loochador Podcast on iTunesSpotifyAmazon Music, Overcast, Stitcher, TuneInRSS

See All TexAgs Podcasts

Discussion from...

The Loochador Podcast: Harold Perkins' decommitment, Ags in the NFL & more

11,049 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by #60&FLW
TAMU74
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Matsui
LB12Diamond
AG
Perkins defensive stats for the year. 29 tackles and 2 sacks. That's total in 11 games. No not one game.

Yes, he's a heck of an athlete, but it appears defense was an after thought for him this year. Watching his games, very minimal effort on that side of the ball. Did not see any of our other defensive recruits play like that.
#60&FLW
HP is a one-of-a-kind 2-way FB stud. He's one of the best CHS players I have seen. I am one that believes "commit" is a transitive verb with the basic meaning, "to obligate or pledge oneself." At least Merriam Webster has this as a short definition. But, what does this guy know? I've never met the guy... Or is this person female? Anyway, my point is "commit" now has a much different meaning that Merriam needs to add to the definitions, right? Absolutely, because in CFB it really means, "I am committing MAYBE." So it was with Harold Perkins. What an addition he would make for Jimbo! You agree, right?

BUT, after viewing the Harold Perkins YouTube Video taken at the Polynesian Bowl, if I was an A&M coach, I wouldn't want him. He doesn't seem very coachable. He made some nonchalant comments when asked if he had read any comments from Aggies. His response TBH raised my ire, so did some of his other arrogant comments. Texas A&M because of Jimbo, has established a particular philosophy, a culture that players have bought into. It sounds to me like HP would want to run the show because "yea, I would (want me) too," and... well, why not search on YouTube and come to your own conclusions.

Do I wish ill for Harold Perkins? No, I absolutely do not wish him anything but success, (except when he plays Texas A&M). So, we will face this awesome player either at Florida or Miami. Personally, I am hoping he "commits" to Jackson State.

This is too long I know. As a Freelance Writer, I once got paid by the word. So, there you have it. What are YOUR thoughts? Gig 'em!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.