Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

*****Alamo Bowl- Oregon v Oklahoma*****

10,689 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by medwriter
nu awlins ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mac94 said:

Venables is going to have a rebuild job on the defensive side of the ball

First HC job will be tough as a life long DC. I can only hope he fails but the school itself should still recruit well enough for a few years.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
That piss poor attempt at an onside kick was very representative of this bowl season
Mac94
AG
Interesting review coming up
Mac94
AG
Or not... but ducks get the stop
DGrimesAg92
Mac94 said:

But to not even be reviewed?? WTF?
Mac94
AG
BLSD said:

Mac94 said:

But to not even be reviewed?? WTF?
In real time I thought fumbled with a ducks recovery ... surprised they didn't review
DGrimesAg92
This 6th year sr doesn't know he needs to get rid of the ball and not get sacked. He's terrible.
Charlie 31
AG
Oklahoma Sooners 47
Oregon Ducks 32

FINAL
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
This bowl game featured Oregon and Oklahoma meeting with two interim head coaches: Bryan McClendon and Bob Stoops. Oklahoma led 30-3 at halftime. Oregon outscored Oklahoma 29-17 in the 2nd half, but they could not make enough defensive stops to get back in the game. Oklahoma finished with a bowl win for the 2nd straight year and won 11+ games for the 6th time in 7 years, and the only exception was a 9-2 finish in a pandemic shortened 2020 season.

Both teams will be under new head coaches next year. Georgia defensive coordinator Dan Lanning will become the new head coach after either the Orange Bowl CFP semifinal Friday or the CFP National Championship Game on 1/10. Brett Venables will officially takeover as Oklahoma head coach. Venables will be not only preparing Oklahoma for their final 3 years in the Big 12 but also in transitioning to the SEC in 2025.
Stone44
AG
Both teams look like arena football .....no defense. I'd rather watch two guys fish.
medwriter
Stone44 said:

Both teams look like arena football .....no defense. I'd rather watch two guys fish.
Same here. Just like I sad earlier. Flag football is in OU's culture. They don't recruit defense and they don't play defense. When they get into the SEC they better hope that Venables will have them ready on the defensive side of the ball or it will be a bloodbath week in and week out, especially in the SEC West.

I didn't even watch the 2nd half of this bowl. It was just bad football all the way around.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.