Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

T-shirt Ags

10,055 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by nu awlins ag
Showstopper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Since you joined in 2018 I'll explain: My degree is from A&M. All my crap is from A&M. I had to suffer through R.C.'s decline, the Fran debacle, and Sleepy Sherman's second half embarrassments. You bought a tshirt for the Jimbo years, and if we go back to sucking, you will just pick a different team to pay attention to like most of Texas's tshirt fans from the double aughts. (And like I do when the Cowboys suck.). I can't change my degree, I'm here for life, for better or worse, until death do I part.
greg.w.h
AG
The answer is: why worry about what people think? If you are a fan how can what others say change that?
AWP 97
AG
agspirit_09 said:

T-shirt fans are those that don't know anything about the university and ultimately give true fans a bad name. I would never consider a parent of an ag a tShrit fan. You're a part of the family.

Sips have tons of tshirt fans because all they do is jump on the bandwagon and wear their Walmart bought shirts and act like jackasses.

My dad considers himself an Aggie fan because I graduated from there. He tells people that he spent a lot of money at A&M and has earned the right to be an Aggie fan. He also correctly calls the school in Austin, tu and the students there teasips.
VA_Ag94
AG
It's fine to be a t-shirt fan but I do feel like there are some boundaries when it comes to smack talk.

It annoys the heck out of me when some t-shirt fan is bad mouthing A&M like their school is better and I'm like dude, you didn't even go to that school so STFU! But aside from that, nothing wrong with someone supporting a team they like.

Athanasius
AG
Many 't-shirt fans' embody the values of Aggieland better than a LOT of the students and former students do.
wisdom
AG
Gigemrunrs ....I am a 2nd generation Aggie. I read your credentials you posted. Based on that, in my book, you are an Aggie.
Anchorhold
I sat next to a dad and tweenager son at a game this year. Their only connection to TAMC was the father-in-law had attended but not graduated long ago. Both of them were eating up all the tradition stories about the 12th man, bass instruments (I may have mixed that one up a little), t.u., 13-0, Miss Rev barking in class, Corregidor Muster, etc. Felt like I was back in school giving tours at orientation.
ghostof8SEConds
AG
Gigemrunrs said:

I've got a question for all of you better then thou Aggies out there. Apparently us Texas A&M supporters that didn't get a degree from the university are t-shirt fans and our opinions don't matter? I have two sons that are Aggies and I have been listening to Dave South since I was a kid. But several posters on here sound awfully like sips. Stating that if you didn't graduate from the school then you are a lower life form. I thought this is one of the things that separates us from them?

Well to be fair it pisses me off when the tshirts get mad at former students when we criticize the team and start suggesting that we are the ones that aren't "real Ags."
e=mc2
AG
trueaggie2782 said:

FAT SEXY said:

I think the ridicule is directed more at the fairweather types.

Take for example…MaroonDawn

Ease up on MD. Yes, his thread should live in infamy. But I respect him. That dude is a good Ag!
Aggies2009
AG
e=mc2 said:

trueaggie2782 said:

FAT SEXY said:

I think the ridicule is directed more at the fairweather types.

Take for example…MaroonDawn

Ease up on MD. Yes, his thread should live in infamy. But I respect him. That dude is a good Ag!
Lolwut
wbt5845
AG
Showstopper said:

Since you joined in 2018 I'll explain: My degree is from A&M. All my crap is from A&M. I had to suffer through R.C.'s decline, the Fran debacle, and Sleepy Sherman's second half embarrassments. You bought a tshirt for the Jimbo years, and if we go back to sucking, you will just pick a different team to pay attention to like most of Texas's tshirt fans from the double aughts. (And like I do when the Cowboys suck.). I can't change my degree, I'm here for life, for better or worse, until death do I part.
The easiest way to sum this up.

A&M is your true love who you can't imagine a life without.

We're the same way, except we married her.
Dr RC
bv86ag said:

But those of us who did are getting tired of the obvious trolls
This board routinely calls anyone and everyone w/o an AgTag an obvious sip troll
Divining Rod
Little Rock Ag said:

If you love A&M, I could care less whether you attended or graduated .

Exactly how much less could you care? A lot less? Asking for a friend.
12mn95
AG
Gigemrunrs said:

I've got a question for all of you better then thou Aggies out there. Apparently us Texas A&M supporters that didn't get a degree from the university are t-shirt fans and our opinions don't matter? I have two sons that are Aggies and I have been listening to Dave South since I was a kid. But several posters on here sound awfully like sips. Stating that if you didn't graduate from the school then you are a lower life form. I thought this is one of the things that separates us from them?
You sound like a good Ag to me...keep supporting our school and thanks for sending your kids here...and go ahead and wear all the A&M gear you want.

Gig 'Em!
JimAggie
AG
Gigemrunrs said:

My Dad goes with me to all of the home games and he considers himself to be an Aggie...even though he didn't go to college. He's 88 years old and we climb all the way up to the 3rd deck. He loves A&M and I consider him to be just as much an Aggie as I am.

ANYONE who truly loves the Aggies is an Aggie, whether they have the degree or not.
CoolAggie
AG
Wear your t-shirt proudly but no jerseys if you're older than 12 years old /TexAgs fashion police
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Well, you can buy cow Alumni shirts and stickers at Walmart...

If you are a born and raised Aggie fan you are not a t-shirt fan, period. It doesn't matter if you have given $$ or have a diploma or a familial connection to the school.

Most big programs have ALOT of t-shirt fans. I would say A&M has much fewer t-shirt fans, most have some type of connection the school, similar to Auburn where in Alabama if you don't have a connection to Bama you almost always end up being a Bama fan unless you have an Auburn connection or are from that part of the state.

AggieDruggist89
AG
Is being a t-shirt fan a bad thing? Is it frowned upon??
medwriter
cevans_40 said:

Didn't you do this once before?

I feel like have have seen this thread before?
Dejavu all over again.
annie88
AG
Gigemrunrs said:

Ignore them.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
BaileyAg
AG
CoolAggie said:

Wear your t-shirt proudly but no jerseys if you're older than 12 years old /TexAgs fashion police

Hey, i wear a jersey to work every Friday during the season!
And i'm the hippest cat in town, dig?
southernboy1
AG
Every time I walk through a Walmart which is not often., or academy or any store with sip apparel I always say aldalay con handle bars. I get a hit and a stfu from the women. I will not stop. It's a joke. She's tells me your gonna get your ass kicked. I'm still waiting. I get some looks but it is what it is.
Goose83
AG
Got to let the concept of the "T-Shirt Fan" go, as thanks to NIL and the Transfer Portal, teams across the country are now going to be filled with "T-Shirt Players."

Sadly, all too many in this brave new world that we now find ourselves in have moved on from such concepts as loyalty and devotion. God help us all.
Eagle78
Does sending your kids to A&M make you a t-shirt Ag? I mean I went to a non-football strictly academics school on the East Coast. But I did spend about $200K to send my children to TAMU and I am a huge fan of Aggie athletics.
Year of the Germaphobe
AG
Get your kid, and go kill a few trees with Aggie Bonfire next fall. I dare anyone to call you a t shirt fan after that.

That would solidify your status.
StonewallAggieDEFENSE
Goose83 said:

Got to let the concept of the "T-Shirt Fan" go, as thanks to NIL and the Transfer Portal, teams across the country are now going to be filled with "T-Shirt Players."

Sadly, all too many in this brave new world that we now find ourselves in have moved on from such concepts as loyalty and devotion. God help us all.

Well stated. I would venture that we've had more "T-shirt" players than t-shirt fans (that have dropped out of school after three days of actually attending class)
nu awlins ag
AG
aggiepanic95 said:

there will always be t-shirt fans for good teams. i think the problem is that on the longhorn side the t-shirt fans are more irritating and entitled than the actual graduates. Most (most) of the tu grads I have met are generally humble and understand the up and down cycles of sports. The t-shirt fans are nauseatingly arrogant and impossible to have a level headed conversation with.

edit : and the act like they are owed something because they went to walmart and bought a -shirt, however, never stepped into a classroom or took a test as a student.

This describes most of tu, Bama, Ohio state and lsu. Some of the worst t-shirt fans in college football.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.