Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

T-shirt Ags

10,015 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by nu awlins ag
Sananag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've got a question for all of you better then thou Aggies out there. Apparently us Texas A&M supporters that didn't get a degree from the university are t-shirt fans and our opinions don't matter? I have two sons that are Aggies and I have been listening to Dave South since I was a kid. But several posters on here sound awfully like sips. Stating that if you didn't graduate from the school then you are a lower life form. I thought this is one of the things that separates us from them?
agspirit_09
AG
T-shirt fans are those that don't know anything about the university and ultimately give true fans a bad name. I would never consider a parent of an ag a tShrit fan. You're a part of the family.

Sips have tons of tshirt fans because all they do is jump on the bandwagon and wear their Walmart bought shirts and act like jackasses.
Jakeaggie6593
I was raised an Aggie and never went to the school. I will always die and bleed Maroon! I hate hate hate tu they can lose at everything. I am thankful for being raised an Aggie!
Post removed:
by user
aggiepanic95
AG
there will always be t-shirt fans for good teams. i think the problem is that on the longhorn side the t-shirt fans are more irritating and entitled than the actual graduates. Most (most) of the tu grads I have met are generally humble and understand the up and down cycles of sports. The t-shirt fans are nauseatingly arrogant and impossible to have a level headed conversation with.

edit : and the act like they are owed something because they went to walmart and bought a -shirt, however, never stepped into a classroom or took a test as a student.
moldaggie
"T-shirt fans are those that don't know anything about the university and ultimately give true fans a bad name. I would never consider a parent of an ag a tShrit fan. You're a part of the family."
e=mc2
AG
Anyone with sweat equity in the game is family IMO. I also appreciate all Aggie fans. The more the merrier!
cevans_40
AG
Didn't you do this once before?

I feel like have have seen this thread before?
Little Rock Ag
AG
If you love A&M, I could care less whether you attended or graduated. Several good friends of mine are not A&M graduates, and I consider them very loyal and faithful Aggies because they love the institution.

That said, if you wear an A&M shirt today, but were wearing a Texas shirt on the morning of the Red River Shootout, then I don't really have much respect for you. Just saying.
bv86ag
AG
Some folks may have said that somewhere...but i don't think it's common on here to say if you didn't graduate from A&M that you are unwelcome.
But those of us who did are getting tired of the obvious trolls (especially during the weeks leading up to ESD) who were poorly disguised sips on here to try to start shyte and unfounded rumors about certain recruits.
And when A&M gets closer and closer to winning an SEC title and Natty it will get even worse as sip trolls get more desperate with each passing year.
They can't seem to stay on surly and worry about their own rapidly deteriorating situation.
So they come on here to stir the pot.
But if you are not an obvious troll looking to start trouble and being openly a liar or disrespectful then people are generally very tolerant of opinions here.
NavyVetAg
I graduated from Texas A&M

Commerce
Sananag
wbt5845
AG
We often look askance at those with no Ag Tag simply because all too often, they're sips.

And the definition of being an Aggie is not having a degree, it's having been a student of Texas A&M University.

But I wouldn't call a parent or any die hard fan a "t shirt" fan. T shirt fans are those who, when times are good, go buy a t shirt to become a fan AND - when times are tough, just take the t-shirt off and walk away.
Sananag
No sir, must be more than me that feel this way.
Unemployed
AG
Posters like hedge and infinity ag give these "t-shirt" fans a bad name.
Anchorhold
Do you still listen to Dave South? Kidding. Glad to have any fans in maroon at Kyle / Reed / Olsen so long as you don't have a cowbell.
cevans_40
AG
Gigemrunrs said:

No sir, must be more than me that feel this way.

Maybe so. Like most others on here, I generally have no issues with someone as long as they aren't trashing my school.
NavyVetAg
But like I mentioned in a similar thread a few months back. I grew up in that neck of the woods, always wanted to go there but chose to serve instead. Probably would have flunked out anyway…didn't take education seriously until I was 30…
Sananag
Wish i was, "our ball on the 5 ".
Sananag
AggieBoiler
T-Shirt fans pull the shirt out of the pile when that team is winning, talks trash all year, then throws it back on the pile when that team loses.

Burnt orange has been a great example for years, but I think LSU t-shirts may be the most obnoxious.

I know there's no AgTag up there. Had one, it disappeared. Sent an email, don't think I got a response. Don't care….gotta ring
Psycho Bunny
Neighbors kid went to Tarleton State University because his parents couldn't afford Texas A&M. He bleeds maroon just like the rest of us. Personally I think it comes down to bandwagon fans. Ones who know nothing about the school, traditions, or even who the coaches are.

Americans new motto
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate
Russ79
AG
I have a good friend that attends the home games with me- wife isn't going to walk up to the third deck to watch a game that she doesn't really care about. This young lady graduated from TT but loves football and loves going to the A&M games with me- probably has more A&M shirts than I do and yells for the Ags as hard and loud as any former or current student. This past year, while at the game, she showed me where she posted on Facebook "I will always be a "guns up" girl but you haven't lived until you attend an A&M home football game."
trueaggie2782
AG
FAT SEXY said:

I think the ridicule is directed more at the fairweather types.

Take for example…MaroonDawn
Rebel Yell
AG
Talking smack to someone for just being a T-shirt fan is stupid.

The more people interested and invested in the game - the better. I have many friends that support various schools they did not intend and I smack talk with them all the same. It is fun.

The only time I don't respect t-shirt fan is when they don't stick with "their" team during the down periods.
My Name Is Judge
Has a sip sister school in his handle & wonders why he's a T-shirt fan

Gotta love those San Antonio townies
Cheating ass refs are the real pandemic
Hamburger Dan
I first became a fan of aTm in mid / late 80's, as I, a beginning HS coach, was seated with RC Slocum and Hayden Fry at an FCA breakfast at a coaching clinic. Fast forward to 2008, my youngest son enrolled at aTm. Season tickets and travels to CS to watch many of the Athletic contests. Son graduated in 2012, but we'll still travel to see a regular season game / bowl game every now and then. We went to the Colorado game this year. I started lurking on Tex Ags around 2006, started posting a few years later. At 60+ years of age, I still like to check into TexAgs a couple of times a day.
Aggies2009
AG
Gigemrunrs said:

I've got a question for all of you better then thou Aggies out there. Apparently us Texas A&M supporters that didn't get a degree from the university are t-shirt fans and our opinions don't matter? I have two sons that are Aggies and I have been listening to Dave South since I was a kid. But several posters on here sound awfully like sips. Stating that if you didn't graduate from the school then you are a lower life form. I thought this is one of the things that separates us from them?

You're not a lower life form. But when you're constantly telling us who we should fire/hire when you didn't attend A&M, you have to understand that people will stop listening.
PyriteAg
AG
Gigemrunrs said:

I have two sons that are Aggies
That alone means you're much much more than "just a t-shirt fan". Anyone telling you otherwise are just full of themselves.

Also, this doesn't apply to you, but we frankly need more fans that didn't attend A&M. Perception unfortunately matters in tight situations. For example, in the 2020 season where we didn't make it to the playoffs, if we had a crapton of "t-shirt fans" that were willing to publicly support us in meaningful platforms like Twitter, we definitely would've made it into the playoffs over ND or OSU.

I think it's important we as a fanbase drop this dumb "t-shirt fan" concept in general. It's overly insular and backwards for our program.
bdp514am
I'm an aggie as well as 12thman and Association donor. I don't have an Ag tag because it never seemed important for me to get one and honestly I only sporadically post these days. I do think it takes a little while for posters to warm up to you when you don't have an ag tag. And occasionally, over the years there has been instances of hostility toward those without a tag, but they are rare and are usually caused by someone without an Ag tag being a jerk on the boards. Certainly on the football board, especially, posts with ag tags carry a little additional weight. But if you are a decent poster and treat the University, it's players, staff and fellow board members with respect then acceptance does come. But that's sort of the way things work irl as well. And btw, I've made many irl friends over the years because of this board (or perhaps more precisely because of reb) and my lack of an ag tag wasn't a hindrance.
Jawbreaker
cevans_40 said:

Didn't you do this once before?

I feel like have have seen this thread before?

I raised this question during the bama game.
"O' Son of dust, who can make these bones dance again?"
rootube
AG
Have you read some of the garbage from folks with an Agtag? You credentials are fine. Gigem fellow Aggie.
PyriteAg
AG
rootube said:

Have you read some of the garbage from folks with an Agtag? You credentials are fine. Gigem fellow Aggie.
I think I read more unironic "fire jimbo" threads made by posters with AgTags than the ones made by people with no tags.
Al Bula
AG
Gigemrunrs said:

Unemployed
AG
rootube said:

Dude, we earned that right to talk crap about A&M by paying thousands of dollars in tuition.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.