Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

#17 has got to go

7,083 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TMartin
OilFieldIRI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
How many td's has he given up this year? 2 tonight…
Has size but lacks speed.
Ag in Tiger Country
AG
I hate piling on players, but his play has been abysmal; it's like he loafs around half-assing it without ANY physicality. He was a 5 star too!
Deputy Travis Junior
LSU got away with a pretty terrible push off FWIW.

If you want to blame somebody blame fisher. 3rd and 2, a first down effectively ends the game, and he calls some terrible trickery bull*****
OilFieldIRI
S
Deputy Travis Junior said:

If you want to blame somebody blame fisher. 3rd and 2, a first down effectively ends the game, and he calls some terrible trickery bull*****

That's true, that play call was horse chit. But still, he has been burned over and over.
agdaddy04
AG
But y'all are blaming him for a play that had an obvious push off.
Scotts Tot
AG
No corner in America can cover a wideout who gets away with a two hand shove
dixichkn
AG
Jaylon's play has noticeably dropped off this year. To the point where teams are avoiding a true freshman and picking on him instead. Don't know what happened this year but he went from being a guy who erased his half of the field to...... this
NewEra2023
AG
He played his man way too close on the line

Asking to get burned

Of course lsu gets away w the pushoff but he should've played more cushion and he wouldnt have been trying to catch up
OilFieldIRI
S
dixichkn said:

Jaylon's play has noticeably dropped off this year. To the point where teams are avoiding a true freshman and picking on him instead. Don't know what happened this year but he went from being a guy who erased his half of the field to...... this

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed his play drop off.
Off_The_Wood
AG
Jones didn't have a great year in my opinion. I'm not sure why he seemed to regress so much.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3239810/replies/60478815
TMartin
It's not good when you remember a defensive player's number because you've seen the back of it so often.
alamogeorge
AG

First he's too vanilla for y'all and then he's too tricky. Y'all need to put down the Parents Guide to Pop Warner Football.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
83Aggie
AG
Jaylon is a good ball player. Ideally he should play S with his size. #7 and #11 should be the Corners next season.
TMartin
It seems all Elko recruits is safeties and tries to turn them into CBs or NBs.
Paul Dirac
For the life of me, I don't know why when we are defending a receiver we look at them and sometimes never even look at where the ball is. Are they really even participating in the game? I mean anyone who is at least fast can run along side a receiver but if you never look up to see where the ball is all you're really doing is getting a really good close-up shot of the smile the receiver has when he catches it.
TXM Pride
Let me guess, y'all would rather see Brian George out there??

Jaylon is a really good corner. Did he have the best season? No. But he's got the potential to be a great corner with some work. He has something you can't teach.. instincts. Peeling off his man to make an interception both in last years Orange Bowl and late in the Auburn game. He has good ball skills and just needs to work on some things. I'd much rather see him out there than George who got burned time after time late last season and was getting abused early and often this season before his injury.
Agvet12
AG
Off_The_Wood said:

Jones didn't have a great year in my opinion. I'm not sure why he seemed to regress so much.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3239810/replies/60478815

He's been our weakest CB for 2 years…. There's a reason everyone from Kent St to CO to ole piss throws on him
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
alamogeorge said:

First he's too vanilla for y'all and then he's too tricky. Y'all need to put down the Parents Guide to Pop Warner Football.

Rolling left with a right handed QB when you only needed two yards is, without exaggeration, one of the worst play calls I've ever seen. If you think that was a good decision, you're a moran.
TMartin
There's that word ....potential.
VatoLocoAggie
Dog water. Garbage bag juice. He needs to be replaced immediately
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
ghowe
AG
You have to give LSU credit they made the play that needed to be made.

My issue is with the complete abandonment of what is working on D and the move to the prevent D. D line was tearing them up, LSU was way back on their heals. Clemons was completely unblockable in the second half. Hugh mistake that allowed them to move the ball down into position, swing the momentum and ultimately make the one play to win.

Offensive scheme and play calling is an issue and frankly a mystery to me.

I really like Jimbo and on many fronts has done a great job building the program, but IMO he badly needs a new offensive direction and/or hire a new OC to call plays and run the O.
TxAG#2011
NewEra2023 said:

He played his man way too close on the line

Asking to get burned

Of course lsu gets away w the pushoff but he should've played more cushion and he wouldnt have been trying to catch up

Elko effed that up. Short yardage you have to know LSU is going for it on 4th down and with the time remaining they'd take a shot right there.

Should have had all the DBs back.
TMartin
D came out flat to start the game. Elko probably has a new job lined up.
oldschoolcat
AG
To be fair, our deep coverage has struggled with the push off move this season.
i is smart
AG
The new reality is that Offensive PI is almost non-existent. Not sure why our receivers aren't doing it.
TMartin
Bigfoot Is Real said:

The new reality is that Offensive PI is almost non-existent. Not sure why our receivers aren't doing it.

Agree with that but when you can't catch the ball what difference does it make. Moose Muhammad III is supposed to the hands guy A&M has coveted.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.