Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

NFL Mock Draft Projections

4,478 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by JPAggie2010
JPAggie2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Everyone here probably has looked at this, but this is my first time.

NFL Mock Draft Database

We have a ton of guys being projected as top 1-2 in their positions. I don't know the last time this happened. Also pleasantly surprised to see where Anias was ranked for this upcoming draft as a WR (4th Rounder).

#1 TE
#1 RB
#1 DL
#2 OL

Should be a good recruiting tool for the 2023 class!
Agvet12
AG
JPAggie2010 said:

NFL Mock Draft Database

We have a ton of guys being projected as top 1-2 in their positions. I don't know the last time this happened. Also pleasantly surprised to see where Anias was ranked for this upcoming draft as a WR (4th Rounder).

#1 TE
#1 RB
#1 DL
#2 OL

Love spiller but he won't be the no1 draft at RB, the MSU /UGA/ ISU might all be ahead of him
Alpha Texan
AG
I'm surprised that Tyree, Leon, and Clemons are so low.

If these guys can go out and spend 6+ years rostered in the league, they should, but it feels like a lot of our recent draftees have struggled. Some of those guys like Tyree, Clemons, Demani, and Smith may be better off taking another year of NIL money and go to the draft next spring.

Thoughts?
texasaggie2015
AG
Running backs are so hard to project. I could easily see him being the first RB taken, but I could also see him being the fourth or fifth. There's just really no telling.
JPAggie2010
AG
I was also surprised at this, especially Tyree with his recent play over the past few games where he showed some dominance against SEC lines.
Marcus Brutus
I thought Jalen would have dropped some. Good for him!
Alpha Texan
AG
CCP Joe Veggie said:

Oh he has dropped some. In fact, he's dropped several.
AggieDub04
AG
Agvet12 said:

JPAggie2010 said:

NFL Mock Draft Database

#1 TE
#1 RB
#1 DL
#2 OL

Love spiller but he won't be the no1 draft at RB, the MSU /UGA/ ISU might all be ahead of him
Where are you seeing this? It's not a slam dunk but Spiller is the top back on the majority of mock drafts out there. He's got three solid years of production in the SEC.

He's much more involved in the passing game than Kenneth Walker III. Same goes for both UGA backs and neither of them have had nearly the workload that Spiller has had.

Breece Hall is comparable from an all around production perspective. The differentiator there may come down to the combine and fit for who selects the first back.
CajunAg86
Alpha Texan said:

I'm surprised that Tyree, Leon, and Clemons are so low.

If these guys can go out and spend 6+ years rostered in the league, they should, but it feels like a lot of our recent draftees have struggled. Some of those guys like Tyree, Clemons, Demani, and Smith may be better off taking another year of NIL money and go to the draft next spring.

Thoughts?

NIL is still a bit of a wildcard. The nfl rookie salary changes a few years ago made it "necessary" to take a shot after 3 years of ncaa, almost regardless of evaluations, if you had a shot at all of making it. If NIL can incent some of these "3 years look good but not great" to stick around one more then it will be a game changer.

Until this year and NIL you could look at it this way: you should never redshirt anyone; if they are good at all they will leave after 3 and you lost a year of them playing for you, if they aren't then you don't need them sticking around for year 5 and taking up a scholarship.
elaggie2002
AG
Agvet12 said:

JPAggie2010 said:

NFL Mock Draft Database

#1 TE
#1 RB
#1 DL
#2 OL

Spiller is top 1-2 RBs in the country. He will be a first or second rounder depending on teams needs. Can't think of a RB with better 3 year resume against the best competition
tk111
AG
Alpha Texan said:

CCP Joe Veggie said:

Oh he has dropped some. In fact, he's dropped several.
Harsh, but true.

Or perhaps, surprising but expected?
aggiepaintrain
AG
I thought this was about Achane
FJB
Post removed:
by user
NoahAg
elaggie2002 said:

Agvet12 said:

JPAggie2010 said:

NFL Mock Draft Database

#1 TE
#1 RB
#1 DL
#2 OL

Spiller is top 1-2 RBs in the country. He will be a first or second rounder depending on teams needs. Can't think of a RB with better 3 year resume against the best competition
I love Spiller, but in today's NFL it rarely makes sense to draft a RB in the first round.
Let's go, Brandon!
Walton2016
AG
Who would have thought Baylor Cupp would be on this mock draft listed in front of Michael Clemons and Luke Matthews... Also almost equal with Aaron Hansford.
JPAggie2010
AG
Wow didn't even see that. That's pretty nuts! I would love to see Cupp break out next year and stay healthy, but he hasn't done anything to justify that ranking. Our defensive group have all shown their worthiness of being on an NFL team, even if just practice squad to start.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.