Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

My Apologies to Coach Fisher

7,259 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by aeon-ag
sincereag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
After the loss to Miss St, I was overly critical of his coaching and QB recruiting and I questioned why he makes so much money. But instead, he has done one of the best coaching jobs we've ever seen in Aggieland, and with his coaching and the play of Calzada, it has been remarkable and they have shown great resiliency. Jimbo is showing why he deserves so much money as a big-time college coach.
jonb02
AG
First world drama, am I right?
“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.” - John Adams

“It is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they’ve been fooled” - Mark Twain
90ags
He accepts ur apology thru Kidz1stfoundation....
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
Rebel Yell
AG
You posted this just for the "user name checks out". Right?
No Spin Ag
Rebel Yell said:

You posted this just for the "user name checks out". Right?

Well played, sir, well played.
Kenneth_2003
AG
90ags said:

He accepts ur apology thru Kidz1stfoundation....

Then run laps to coach gets in social media to see your apology
My Name Is Judge
I was critical of Jimbo too, particularly w regards to the Oline

He clearly took my advice & started playing the right players at the proper positions

Jimbo doesn't owe me an apology though. I'm just proud of him for finally getting it right
Traveler
AG
sincereag said:

After the loss to Miss St, I was overly critical of his coaching and QB recruiting and I questioned why he makes so much money. But instead, he has done one of the best coaching jobs we've ever seen in Aggieland, and with his coaching and the play of Calzada, it has been remarkable and they have shown great resiliency. Jimbo is showing why he deserves so much money as a big-time college coach.

User name does NOT check out ....
texag_89
sincereag said:

Op's name is appropriate given his post.
agneck
Ok.yes. Also and this is critical : Elko needs a raise and a BIG one now. No explanation needed.
TyperWoods
If he leaves for L$U we'll know it was all OP's fault.
Anchorhold
Feast on crow. Bow to the grackle.
spence10
AG
nm
kyledr04
AG
Criticism after Miss St was warranted. That game was a mess and we should not have lost. Beating Bama showed what we were really capable of. So praise after making improvements is also appropriate.
TXAGBQ76
AG
I'm sure Jimbo will sleep better
Jarrin' Jay
AG
kyledr04 said:

Criticism after Miss St was warranted. That game was a mess and we should not have lost. Beating Bama showed what we were really capable of. So praise after making improvements is also appropriate.

No, it was not warranted. Both the Pig and State games were due to one thing and one thing only, Zach being so new and inexperienced and not playing up to his potential. As soon as he started to do that we have been a great team. Jimbo was coaching him hard and coaching him the same then as he is now, it just hadn't clicked yet fro Zach for whatever reason. And he would not have had to play as good as he did vs. Bama to beat Pig or State, if he played as (well) as he did vs. Mizzou or USC we win those games vs. Pig and State.

The OL was not yet playing as well as they are now, but they still played well enough in the two losses that with better QB play we win those games.

If you know anything about football, understand what you are watching and seeing, we were the better overall team vs. Pig and State, but this game is so dependent on QB play, and so on those days for those games were not the better team on the field that day.

But the overreactions of fire Jimbo, Jimbo is an overpaid fraud, out-coached, needs to hire an OC, etc., etc. was all crybaby BS. I'm sure we will lose another game at some point and the dips****s will post more of the same.

And no, having Zach have had more PT in blowouts vs. spare non-conference games would not have prepared him better to play better from the jump once he became QB1, so no need to advance that argument either.
BrotherChad
AG
I wouldn't be so quick to apologize with 2 difficult road games left. I hope I'm wrong, but we may drop one of those.
cc10106
Yeah they're gonna need to score TDs against Ole Miss and LSU instead of FGs, but I assume Auburn's defense is much better than either of those teams have.
fieldtrailer
AG
You were and still are right about the qb recruiting, especially 2021. A wasted or bad use of a scholarship in my opinion. Kid didn't make it past spring ball. And the passing scheme which is very inconsistent (being nice). Excessive use of timeouts due to plays getting in late, not knowing where to line up. Dropped passes. It's all been discussed and is all still there. Awful for most of Sat. Certainly not good enough. If they had lost, we would be all over that.

Good/great news is we're winning and he has time to change the scheme while the program has momentum. I hope he does something after the season. Or just gets better. I don't care how.
davido
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

kyledr04 said:

No, it was not warranted. Both the Pig and State games were due to one thing and one thing only, Zach being so new and inexperienced and not playing up to his potential.

Yeah, it was.
Jarrin' Jay said:

And no, having Zach have had more PT in blowouts vs. spare non-conference games would not have prepared him better to play better from the jump once he became QB1, so no need to advance that argument either.

Yeah, it would have.

Even King didn't have that much time. But Mond has both Aggie records and an NFL contract to show for it. For better or worse, all of those are coaching decisions.
SinKiller
BrotherChad said:

I wouldn't be so quick to apologize with 2 difficult road games left. I hope I'm wrong, but we may drop one of those.
My thoughts exactly, could easily lose both. We couldn't even manage one TD, at home. I'm not sure Zach has exactly turned the corner that some see. Yes, he had two big drops, he also had more than a few, no where in the same zip code throws...He still treats a great pocket as if there's 3 guys hanging off of him. Those throws off the back leg are gonna get him sooner than later. Auburn said pass, and for the most part, he couldn't.
TxAg76
AG
Nvm
dcg4403
AG
sincereag said:

I already posted my crow eating apology after the Bama win but I also will reiterate my overly reactionary drama too. Jimbo, we sincerely apologize. Further, you have now officially earned that 20% pay raise based on the football product on the field today.

Oh...Jimbo....let's give Elko a $2MM raise please! Make him insanely overpaid as our DC!!

And finally...Looch. Sorry but I did refer to you as a Jimbo brown noser. My bad. Your faith in Jimbo is proven. I will take my licks now.
aeon-ag
sincereag said:

Did you ever see Jackie Sherrills coaching job?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.