Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

MOTHER ****ING WRECKING CREW!!!!

5,696 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rshackelford
AggieArchitect04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In da hizzousss!!!
Milwaukees Best Light
Spyderman
LakeSurfinAg08
AG
They are nasty
agwrestler
AG
Whoop!
sleepybeagle
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
Wrecking Crew!
Krazykat
AG
Still no.
AggieArchitect04
AG
Wrangler said:

Still no.

Yes.

I wasn't asking permission.
12th Ag
VitruvianAg
AG
Still not soup, but the broth is ready!
Moe 92
AG
I was a student during much of the reign of the Wrecking Crew. The performance last night was absolutely worthy of the title, as have been many performances over the past year or so. I'd like to see just a little better consistency, but I also recognize that this defense is turning in increasingly fantastic performances against ranked SEC competition (not SWC or Little 12, no intended disrepect to the original Crew). Anyone who thinks it is time to hand the current D the title will get no argument from this member of Old Army.
Mule
AG
How they handle a passing team like Ole Miss will be a huge step.
They struggled mightily against the Pirate. But yesterday deserves
acknowledgment - well done Defense!
Texas Aggies
Funky Winkerbean
AG
One of the best defenses we've ever had.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
alamogeorge
AG
Wrangler said:

Still no.

Then you're not watching.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
TyperWoods
Moe 92 said:

I was a student during much of the reign of the Wrecking Crew. The performance last night was absolutely worthy of the title, as have been many performances over the past year or so. I'd like to see just a little better consistency, but I also recognize that this defense is turning in increasingly fantastic performances against ranked SEC competition (not SWC or Little 12, no intended disrepect to the original Crew). Anyone who thinks it is time to hand the current D the title will get no argument from this member of Old Army.

Me too
NoHo Hank
AG
#2 scoring defense in the country? This d is awesome. I hope we pay Elko a lot this off-season
brunsie
AG
We have a top 25 defense for yards allowed, and we have the number 2 scoring defense for points allowed behind that nasty Georgia defense.

We had a great game against Auburn defensively. now it's time to show Olepiss how to play defense .

Gig'em !
NoHo Hank
AG
The gap between us and Georgia at #1 is the same as the the gap between us and #47. That's unreal.
tamu05ag
AG
I'm sure this team would have even a more ridiculously good defense in the SWC. Hard to compare
anaggieshusband
I still have the shirt
Kygigem
VitruvianAg said:

theyre as good as the original WC. The difference is they now deal with many more passes so the yardage numbers are skewed. Put this defense up against the run-heavy teams the original WC played against and they may do even better. I'm not sure the old WC could manage the passing game like this team can
txag72
AG
Althought I love the old Wrecking Crew, they never had to face a physical schedule every week like this bunch as to. We aren't quite as dominating as that bunch, but it had a LOT to do with competition and just all around athleticism EVERYONE has these days. Speed everywhere.
Win At Life
AG
Kygigem said:

VitruvianAg said:

theyre as good as the original WC. The difference is they now deal with many more passes so the yardage numbers are skewed. Put this defense up against the run-heavy teams the original WC played against and they may do even better. I'm not sure the old WC could manage the passing game like this team can
The Wrecking Crew really made their name by destroying pass heavy QB's like Ware, Klingler and Detmer.
Stat Monitor Repairman
That safety blitz was mfing ridiculous.
Aggie CMD
AG
Modern offenses and rule changes make it far harder to defend. Absolutely Wrecking Crew material!
PatriotAg02
AG
NoHo Hank said:

The gap between us and Georgia at #1 is the same as the the gap between us and #47. That's unreal.

We want Georgia!!!
AggieArchitect04
AG
Win At Life said:

Kygigem said:

VitruvianAg said:

The Wrecking Crew really made their name by destroying pass heavy QB's like Ware, Klingler and Detmer.

Bo Jackson.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Btw, the defense is now up to 16 in total defense and 2 in scoring defense.

Hell yes!
StinkyPinky
AG
TyperWoods said:

Moe 92 said:

Me too

+1. This defensive group has earned every comparison to the great WC defenses of the past. It absolutely can and should wear the moniker. I was a huge skeptic of our secondary going into the season. Said countless times it was our achilles heel. Happy to eat grackle. The nation fears our D. Which also translates to the recruiting success we are currently the benefactors of.
Win At Life
AG
Crewwwww!!!
philevans
AG
wanting to wear my wrecking crew hat again!
TXlic GIGM61
The Agly Duckling
Damn, our Defense is effing kicking ass.
gigemags-99
AG
Wrangler said:

Still no.

Clemons sent you a special message as he crossed the goal line.

Ian Neff
AG
Keep in mind the Wrecking Crew played Rice.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.