Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jimbo Fisher excited for Texas A&M to renew rivalry with Texas

7,685 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by dixichkn
aggiejim70
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OK Army, we're gonna play the sips again. I don't think you can define anyone's "Aggieness" by the fact they're happy about it or not. Let me ask this question again. Do you want to play them at the end of the season over the Thanksgiving weekend or is that when we play LSU?
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Bucketrunner
Keep our LSU rivalry for the important weekend. Play the tu trash as a regular season game
infinity ag
TexAg15 said:

infinity ag said:

Lots of Ags puffing their chests out.

They don't realize that with Texas in the SEC, we lose a bargaining chip for recruiting. We cannot promise kids that they can stay in TX and play bigboy football. Texas recruiting will continue to improve and in a few years they will adjust to the SEC way of playing and begin to kick our asses if we slip up.

I would be cautious.

Are we getting rid of Jimbo when they join up or something? Grow a pair.
Y'all need to stop acting like the SWC or even the Big XII was anything like the animal the SEC is. The sips won't get their calls.

Growing a pair is all well and good, but it just takes one game that we lose to tu and all the crying and wailing will begin again.
West Point Aggie
AG
Ghost of Bizbee said:

Never again. **** the horns
This is moot now… We will play them and there is no way around it. What I am personally interested in seeing is how long it takes them to begin to throw their weight around (or at least try to). Will horns down ever be a penalty in the SEC? I hope not but you never know with them. A&M was caught with his proverbial britches down…and it is no longer a Slive-style SEC. A&M should be cautious because for better or worse they are in our conference (it is fun to realize they did follow us to the "Dixie" conference, the one so many of them made fun of us for joining)
TyperWoods
Play tu the 2nd sat in October
West Point Aggie
AG
I hope we keep playing LSU the last game of the year…but given the over sentimental idiots in charge, they will want to immediately schedule the castrated ones that last week.

Let's face it A&M has three rivals: tu, Arkansas and LSU…those are really it for us, so the last game of the year should be one of those three. If they finally do the stupid pods the people have theorized for years unfortunately we will likely be in one with Oklahoma tu and Arkansas probably (no LSU I would venture to guess)
cc10106
The coattail riders from Austin will get a boost once they're in the SEC like A&M did, but too many people are making the foolish assumption that the Aggies lose all momentum and drop off the map. They obviously haven't been paying much attention, and I expect it to be a competitive rivalry for the most part much like it was over decades going back to the 70s.

Oh and one more thing; A&M has a better coaching staff and is used to playing in the brutal SEC West. The Big 12 hasn't been on that kind of level in a long time going back when the Big 12 South was as tough as any division in CFB.
Wicked Good Ag
West Point Aggie said:

I hope we keep playing LSU the last game of the year…but given the over sentimental idiots in charge, they will want to immediately schedule the castrated ones that last week.

Let's face it A&M has three rivals: tu, Arkansas and LSU…those are really it for us, so the last game of the year should be one of those three. If they finally do the stupid pods the people have theorized for years unfortunately we will likely be in one with Oklahoma tu and Arkansas probably (no LSU I would venture to guess)
We have one rival...dont let recent movement of conferences change that.
greg.w.h
AG
Get rid of cross-division rivalry. Rotate opponents better. Let's play everyone regularly. Avoid being stuck in the old Big 12 division with Mizzou, Arkansas, Texas, OU and us. That's a loser schedule for four games every year.
reload_94
Wow. Didn't know we had so many Aggies into "Cancel Culture"

Strong people don't try to Cancel their opponents. They just work harder.
TopoTacos
AG
TexAg15 said:

infinity ag said:

They don't realize that with Texas in the SEC, we lose a bargaining chip for recruiting. We cannot promise kids that they can stay in TX and play bigboy football. Texas recruiting will continue to improve and in a few years they will adjust to the SEC way of playing and begin to kick our asses if we slip up.

I would be cautious.

Y'all need to stop acting like the SWC or even the Big XII was anything like the animal the SEC is. The sips won't get their calls.

You hit the nail on the head. There's a lot of burnt Orange PTSD on this website, but people don't understand that the sips aren't going to be the only major brand at the table anymore the way they often were in the old days. A&M is a national brand now in a way we weren't before and it's a much more crowded table in the SEC.

If you don't see the differences in the situation over the last decade it's because you're closing your eyes.

As for recruiting, kids want to go where they can play big games, have a good college experience, and make it to the NFL. Fisher's track record hits both of those spot on. He's pulling Louisianans, Georgians, Floridians, and Alabamians away to come to College Station. You're worried he can't recruit a kid from DFW?
TyperWoods
TopoTacos said:

TexAg15 said:

infinity ag said:

I would be cautious.

You hit the nail on the head. There's a lot of burnt Orange PTSD on this website, but people don't understand that the sips aren't going to be the only major brand at the table anymore the way they often were in the old days. A&M is a national brand now in a way we weren't before and it's a much more crowded table in the SEC.

If you don't see the differences in the situation over the last decade it's because you're closing your eyes.

As for recruiting, kids want to go where they can play big games, have a good college experience, and make it to the NFL. Fisher's track record hits both of those spot on. He's pulling Louisianans, Georgians, Floridians, and Alabamians away to come to College Station. You're worried he can't recruit a kid from DFW?

I ain't worried, I just hate those mfers. Why can't you simpletons that long to toss tu's salad understand that?
mrfun83
AG
Nothing is as good or bad as it initially seems. Seeks its own level of "meh".
TexAg15
AG
It's over. They're in. *****ing about it makes us just look like a collective of *****es.
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2015
TyperWoods
TexAg15 said:

It's over. They're in. *****ing about it makes us just look like a collective of *****es.

You propose lying? Interesting, thought that was against code.
Sponge
AG
vette said:

What else is he supposed to say?

GigEmTx
infinity ag said:

I would be cautious.
I think that fear is being exaggerated. Sumlin was a great Swag recruiting personality, but no amount of swag is going to build a competitive program. The SEC didn't make Sumlin a successful recruiter, but now we're looking at recruiting classes consistently in the top 7-8 and this year potentially in the top 3 nationally. Sumlin didn't do that, it was Jimbo.

If we can finish this year strong and get this recruiting class closed the way it looks like it will, the success will build on itself. Sure, tu will get the 4 stars who don't fit at A&M, but our current recruiting isn't because of the SEC, it's because we have Jimbo in the SEC.

Sark is no Jimbo.

West Point Aggie
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

West Point Aggie said:

Disagree…believe it or not is it quite possible to have more than one…and in a significant way. Denying that Arkansas is a rival is flat-out ignorant and so is denying the lsu is one.

Guess what, Bama has LSU, Aub and Tennessee…weird more than one.

The gators have FSU and UGa…again weird!

You want to obsess over just the sips…knock yourself out. It in NO way whatsoever diminishes the other two.
infinity ag
TopoTacos said:

TexAg15 said:

infinity ag said:

I would be cautious.

It's not PTSD.
All I am saying is we should assume that we would roll over them once they get into the SEC. They will improve in 3-5 years and may even pass us. They are a bigger name than we are, though they suck for the last decade.
Houstonag
AG
My feelings have not changed. The sips are dishonest period. I have been on this earth too long and have lots of experience seeing first hand the arrogance and how they will cheat across the board. It is amazing how TAMU has overcome the obstacles in all areas from the sips and their minions around the league.
northeastag
AG
Don't have any burnt orange PTSD or anything else. I've just moved on, and can't believe others haven't. And I can't understand how most Aggies could never realize that we were never tu's rival. OU was. And I am completely dumbfounded when I see the fools at our games now doing the horns down sign.

To be perfectly candid, if and when they join the conference, I'll still be much more excited about beating other SEC schools (LSU, Bama, for example) than them.

But if it works for the rest of you, go right ahead.
greg.w.h
AG
reload_94 said:

Wow. Didn't know we had so many Aggies into "Cancel Culture"

Strong people don't try to Cancel their opponents. They just work harder.
That's a take designed to insult rather than discuss. So you're saying Aggie culture should be about insulting fellow Aggies? That is what it traditionally has been relying on secret rituals (squeeze Ags), loving endearments (2 percenter), and exhortations to abandon being Aggies (Highway 6 goes both ways.)

Maybe that culture caused our second class citizen take and also provided us with preferring spoiling to winning???
Houstonag
AG
Too bad, I will never forget for I experienced it first hand. You must have not.
Hehateme1
Sponge said:

vette said:

What else is he supposed to say?

I prefer beer and BBQ
100% Pure Aggie
AggieOO said:

meh.
BenFiasco14
AG

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
West Point Aggie
AG
I think many Aggies will take a sort of perverse pleasure when they witness other SEC fans realizing what a nasty, selfish and non cooperative infection that bunch can be. Of course Missouri and Arkansas fans will be able to say I told you so just as well as we can!
WorkTogetherAgs
AG
Bryanisbest said:

A real Aggie should lust to play and beat tu. There is nothing better than that. Let's get it on. We are better equipped to play and beat them now than ever. That will continue as long as Jimbo is our coach.

duddleysdraw88
AG
F*** em till the end of time!!!!!
AGinHI
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

West Point Aggie said:

Not comparing with Texas, but if I recall correctly, A&M-LSU was one of the longest running non-conference rivalries.

I was there when they took their ball and went home. Just wait until we start beating them more consistently. It's fantastic.
Sananag
Let the sips play with themselves
Spyderman
AG
NyAggie said:

I feel the same way.

I was adamantly opposed to playing the sips when we were in different conferences: wanted them to die on the vine with their pathetic schedule, but now that we will be in the same league, I can't wait to kick the **** out of them.

I feel like we've missed out on 10 years where we would have been the better team in most of them, maybe would have gone 7-3 against them.

Why would you want to help them though?

Maybe the migration will crater.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
C2 Ag 93
I'll still look more forward to the Bama, Auburn and LSU games than I will Texass. I'll "reminisce" about the Texass game and it's tradition. But I honestly feel Bama and LSU are more rivals than Texass now.

(PS... Yes, I know... we may not see Bama and Auburn often in the realignment, but that wasn't the point...)
whytho987654
Hope we go ohio state on them like theyre michigan
Billy Bean
I'm sure he will have fun watching the game from Baton Rouge
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.