Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jimbo Fisher excited for Texas A&M to renew rivalry with Texas

7,521 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by dixichkn
Iraq2xVeteran
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Over the years, coaches, athletic directors and school presidents have shared their thoughts on renewing Texas A&M's rivalry with Texas. With Texas officially moving to the SEC, it's now a matter of "when" not "if" the Aggies and Longhorns will meet again on the gridiron.

Jimbo Fisher shared his excitement about the rivalry's coming renewal on Wednesday night during his radio show, per TexAgs. Jimbo Fisher on the Texas A&M-Texas rivalry: "Now that we're in the same conference, to get that rivalry back, I think it's going to be wonderful."

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tamu-football/jimbo-fisher-excited-for-texas-am-to-renew-rivalry-with-texas/

Like most Aggies, I did not want Texas joining the SEC. But with both Texas and Texas A&M in the same league, I am looking forward to watching Texas A&M BTHO Texas at both Kyle Field and Darrel K Royal Texas Memorial Stadium. Texas is headed toward a 6-6 or 7-5 season. Arkansas handed Texas a taste of a road game against an SEC team with a 40-21 thumping. Texas is trending in the wrong direction and will struggle in most SEC games, especially on the road.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Who doesn't want to play little brother right now?

They are bad and going in the wrong direction. I wish they never came to the sec but at this point I wouldn't mind beating them about 10 years in a row.
NyAggie
AG
I feel the same way.

I was adamantly opposed to playing the sips when we were in different conferences: wanted them to die on the vine with their pathetic schedule, but now that we will be in the same league, I can't wait to kick the **** out of them.

I feel like we've missed out on 10 years where we would have been the better team in most of them, maybe would have gone 7-3 against them.

AggieOO
meh.
AGinHI
AG
Jimbo's confident.

While the game will be more exciting than ever (go watch the baseball games) and I've come to accept that we're going to play

I'd much rather watch them languish into obscurity.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Who wouldn't want to play our rival?
vette
AG
What else is he supposed to say?
SEC Champs
AG
vette said:

He had a good talk with his stepson, Sark, before his in-home with Perkins.
TyperWoods
1. Jimbo has 0 history with them
2. Jimbo DGAF about tu, he wants to beat the ass of anyone on the schedule
3. Jimbo is supposed to say s*@t like that, if asked

As for me, F playing them, I'd prefer tu cease to even exist as an entity of any kind. And I'm hoping the BDF will not only demand every red cent from them, but figure out a way to make them stay in that conference until after I'm dead.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Except for recruiting against them, dealing with their reporters/recruit evaluators, and now eventually playing them.

The biggest indicator of the type of people they are is how Bowlsby is going scorched earth on them for leaving.
Aggie
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Who wouldn't want to play our rival?

Uh a lot of people on this board

I'm sure now that we are going to play and Jimbo has said he welcomes it( although what is he supposed to say at this point ).. many will be all for it.

But just look at any thread how many were/are against it.
And that doofus will be along any second to post a picture of the ref in a texas hoodie.

Geriatric Punk
AG
It's happening.
Embrace it.
Bring back the hate.
Let's have a 10 year win streak to make up for not playing them for 10 years.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
NoahAg
We should have been playing them all along. We would have won 7 or 8 of the last 10, separating the two programs even more.
Let's go, Brandon!
AggieOO
Geriatric Punk said:

It's happening.
Embrace it.
Bring back the hate.
yes, its happening.
no, i don't have to embrace it.

when the game actually rolls around, i'm sure i'll get excited. just like i do for most games, but playing/beating most SEC teams is more exciting then rehashing a terrible relationship with an ex. LSU, bama, florida, georgia etc will continue to be more exciting for me than playing texas. Sure beating texas will be better than beating vandy, but I'm just not excited about playing texas.
StonewallAggieDEFENSE
Once you let the cheatin scumbag elephant in the tent…some never will learn. Little brother wants to ride our tails and get a good nip of the sec teet.
halfastros81
AG
What's not to like? Easy W against someone living off their long gone winning history. Wasn't for them joining the SEC but it's not like they are going to have quick success.
rootube
AG
This game can't come soon enough. I just wish it was this year.
West Point Aggie
AG
More tea sip idiots (to deal with) and not the few that stuck around in old ovaries…I suspect they have not changed much. Entitled, arrogant and forgettable.
MarathonAg12
AggieOO said:

Geriatric Punk said:

It's happening.
Embrace it.
Bring back the hate.
yes, its happening.

when the game actually rolls around, i'm sure i'll get excited. just like i do for most games, but playing/beating most SEC teams is more exciting then rehashing a terrible relationship with an ex. LSU, bama, florida, georgia etc will continue to be more exciting for me than playing texas. Sure beating texas will be better than beating vandy, but I'm just not excited about playing texas.

You'll be first in line to buy the tu/A&M tickets
Turf96
NoahAg said:

We should have been playing them all along. We would have won 7 or 8 of the last 10, separating the two programs even more.

Have you seen an Aggie TU game officiated. It is not even in the imaginable unless you watch push off LJ play. They let their king do anything and they let their steers do the same. Sport was never meant to be ram by media powers. If you don't believe in media BS look at esipn football power ranking now. Just stupid to say we win anything against them. Wouldn't be surprised at all if we have lost video footage of future games. Worse than a presidential election. All Aggies please stand behind the boarded up windows. TU cheats more than chronic adulteress.
AggieOO
MarathonAg12 said:

AggieOO said:

Geriatric Punk said:

It's happening.
Embrace it.
Bring back the hate.
yes, its happening.

You'll be first in line to buy the tu/A&M tickets
well, no i won't be "first in line," but thanks for playing. Guess what? I've never like playing missouri either, but i've seen us play them in person in an SEC matchup.

if it makes you feel better to think that i'm secretly fiending over this game, then go ahead and file it away in the part of your brain i'm apparently renting. I never said i wouldn't go to a game, and i even stated that i'd likely get excited when the game actually rolls around. But give me a choice between tickets to bama and tickets to texas, and i'm taking bama 11 times out of 10.
hunter2012
AG
The worst insult we could deal the sips is to ignore them.

I hope after a couple decades worth of domination that rivalry is like playing Sam Houston. That is if they don't take their ball entitlement and go home independent after a few years of getting thrashed by an SEC schedule.
infinity ag
vette said:

This.
TXAG 05
AG
This thread is 3hrs old and WorkTogetherAgs hasn't posted the picture of the UT ref yet. If anyone knows him in real life, reach out to make sure he is ok.
infinity ag
Lots of Ags puffing their chests out.

They don't realize that with Texas in the SEC, we lose a bargaining chip for recruiting. We cannot promise kids that they can stay in TX and play bigboy football. Texas recruiting will continue to improve and in a few years they will adjust to the SEC way of playing and begin to kick our asses if we slip up.

I would be cautious.
TexAg15
AG
infinity ag said:

Lots of Ags puffing their chests out.

They don't realize that with Texas in the SEC, we lose a bargaining chip for recruiting. We cannot promise kids that they can stay in TX and play bigboy football. Texas recruiting will continue to improve and in a few years they will adjust to the SEC way of playing and begin to kick our asses if we slip up.

I would be cautious.

Are we getting rid of Jimbo when they join up or something? Grow a pair.
Y'all need to stop acting like the SWC or even the Big XII was anything like the animal the SEC is. The sips won't get their calls.
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2015
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Jimbo knows how to beat in-state rivals, given his record against the Gators and Canes. I figure he isn't sweating the sips any more than he is sweating Prairie View.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Never again. **** the horns
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
And I won't be watching these games.
lotoarmy
AG
Turf96 said:

NoahAg said:

Have you seen an Aggie TU game officiated. It is not even in the imaginable unless you watch push off LJ play. They let their king do anything and they let their steers do the same. Sport was never meant to be ram by media powers. If you don't believe in media BS look at esipn football power ranking now. Just stupid to say we win anything against them. Wouldn't be surprised at all if we have lost video footage of future games. Worse than a presidential election. All Aggies please stand behind the boarded up windows. TU cheats more than chronic adulteress.
Absolutely agree. Mark my word, within two years of them entering the conference , they and their cronies will have us on probation. You have to be above a certain age to understand this.
Last of the Old Army
Bryanisbest
AG
A real Aggie should lust to play and beat tu. There is nothing better than that. Let's get it on. We are better equipped to play and beat them now than ever. That will continue as long as Jimbo is our coach.
SoTxAg
AG
Them joining the SEC shouldnt change the fact they are still a program everyone in the country loves to hate.
So much wrongness associated with the sips.
TyperWoods
"real" LMAO.

Do you dream of imaginary Aggies?
Bucketrunner
I like the way you think.

Our seats will remain empty for that home game.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Bucketrunner said:

I like the way you think.

Our seats will remain empty for that home game.

Yep, people are underestimating how many want nothing to do with this impending ****show.

They are a cancerous team and organization. **** them all the way to irrelevance.

Playing them gives them credibility. **** the horns always
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.