Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I love this team!

2,476 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by aggiebrad94
AceAggie05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been thinking for a while about whether to say something, and how to say it, and finally decided it just needed to be said.

I love this team! The support they have shown to each other even when things were rough, is something I haven't seen a whole lot. You've got defense, supporting offense when they weren't firing on all cylinders, and celebrating with them when they start putting it together. You've got young guys owning up to their mistakes, promising that they hold themselves to a higher standard, and holding up to that promise. You've got guys sitting the bench, waiting for their turn, and being fully invested in the guys ahead of them when they make a play.

And last but not least, the showing of appreciation the team as a whole has had towards fans that have at times been less than positive. This is something new. We always have 1 or 2 guys that have said something about the fans, but this year, the team has made me feel like we are truly family, all in this together. Obviously we aren't the ones playing the game. Hell, I haven't even BEEN to a game this year. This team MAKES me want to support them. They make me understand, that win or lose, these are my guys. Their passion for the fans has been amazing, and I wouldn't trade them for anyone.

Keep it up guys, y'all are building something special. Good bull.
black_ice
Send them money!
AggieZUUL
AG
I know someone who would like to show their appreciation...

OrygunAg
AG
These threads get awkward after a loss...
Alpha Texan
AG
I heard a lot of people after the Arky and state games saying that the team is turning on itself and getting toxic, becoming selfish. I get it that that's just the thinking that many ags default to, Sumlin conditioned us to think that way, but all of the evidence we saw for this team was the opposite. The leadership and support from the leaders on this team to struggling players was great. We have an extremely healthy culture.
AgBQ-00
AG
Been a long time since I've seen the 12th Man and the team feeding off of each other and engaging one another reciprocally like this.
NyAggie
AG
Alpha Texan said:

I heard a lot of people after the Arky and state games saying that the team is turning on itself and getting toxic, becoming selfish. I get it that that's just the thinking that many ags default to, Sumlin conditioned us to think that way, but all of the evidence we saw for this team was the opposite. The leadership and support from the leaders on this team to struggling players was great. We have an extremely healthy culture.
fans of all college football teams always tend to play the "toxic locker room" card when things aren't going well.

it's almost never true.

aggiebrad94
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Been a long time since I've seen the 12th Man and the team feeding off of each other and engaging one another reciprocally like this.
Games like 'Bama where the team gives the crowd something to cheer about early and then the games stays close are the best. Like OU and Nebraska in '10, you could just feel the team get better as the crowd got louder.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.