Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Connor Blumrick

5,196 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Racer X
Foxo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BLACKSBURG Virginia Tech quarterback Connor Blumrick is out indefinitely with a leg injury he suffered in a 32-29 loss to Notre Dame on Saturday night.
According to Tech coach Justin Fuente, there's a chance Blumrick could return before the season ends, but he declined to provide any specific details other than to say it was a "leg injury."

"I'm not going to give you any more, OK? He's out indefinitely," Fuente said, when asked if it was a knee injury. "I know you're going to ask. It's your job. I understand. My best guess is he'll be back at some point this year, but I don't know how long it'll be. It was definitely his leg. That's about as much as I'll give you."

Blumrick, who took a handful of snaps in the first half, was in the game after Braxton Burmeister suffered a right shoulder injury.

The offense was across midfield when he got brought down from behind by defensive end Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa rolling out of the pocket. Blumrick's legs were stuck going into the turf as Tagovailoa-Amosa brought his weight down.

Blumrick stayed on the ground and ripped off his helmet causing the training staff to rush out onto the field. Tech trainers evaluated Blumrick's right leg while he was down on the field.

The Hokies were using Blumrick like a wildcat quarterback in recent weeks. He had 11 carries for 71 yards with two touchdowns and it was his 33-yard run down to the 1-yard line early in the fourth quarter against Middle Tennessee that helped the Hokies put the game away.

Blumrick enrolled in January as a transfer out of Texas A&M. He had spent the last two seasons playing special teams and various skill positions tight end and running back but was signed by Tech to provide some depth at quarterback.
The 6-foot-5, 215-pounder was a 3-star recruit coming out of Pearland High School in the 2017 signing class.
The Agly Duckling
Damn. So sorry to read that.

Heal up well, Mr. Blumrick. Gig 'em.
Class of 65
AG
I really liked Conner
Geriatric Punk
AG
Bummer. Heal quickly, my dude.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
NoahAg
I didn't know he was at Va Tech. I figured he'd go to a smaller school where he could start right away.
Let's go, Brandon!
MaroonStain
AG
I had no idea that he was still playing football much less QB at a D1 program.
tk111
AG
I really dont mean this in a demeaning way, but I had no idea that he transferred... ironically enough he probably would've had a much closer shot at seeing the field as a QB this year then as a converted RB
rbcs_2
AG
Why would he see the field as a QB then convert to RB?
Racer X
AG
Get well soon!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.